Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Facial Recognition Test

rainbow
January 8th, 2009, 01:56 AM
This is a test to see how well you can remember faces and when. There are two parts A and B, and each part will have 12 photos of faces.

You only have a short time, 4 seconds, to see each face before the program moves to the next face. Part A will begin and when that is finished you can start Part B. When Part B is finished, the test will begin.

The test will consist of showing 48 faces and below each face you will have a choice of choosing whether you have seen the face, either in Part A or in Part B, or whether or not you have seen the face at all.

After you have made you selection for face number 48 your score will appear and you will be able to see how you scored.

Good luck!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sleep/tmt/instructions_1.shtml

growler~GateKeeper
January 8th, 2009, 02:19 AM
I scored 100% on the recognition part (if you saw the photo before) and 79% on the temporal memory score (which part you saw the photo)

Recognition memory score average score 92%
This is a measure of your ability to remember the photos you've seen, regardless of the part in which you saw them.

Temporal memory score average score 68%
This is a measure of how often you recognised a photo and matched it to the correct part, instead of just remembering which ones you'd seen.

Sleep scientists say that:
- recognition memory for faces is unaffected by sleep loss. A person who has not slept for as much as 35 hours can perform as well as someone who is not sleep deprived.
- the area of the brain that controls temporal memory can be affected by prolonged sleep loss and/or ageing. So a healthy 65 year old who sleeps normally would be able to perform this test similarly to a 20 year old who has gone without sleep for 36 hours.

:laughing: I guess that means I should be getting more :sleepy:

rainbow
January 8th, 2009, 02:35 AM
This was my score.....

Recognition score
( if you saw it )

Your score: 100%

Average score: 92%

This is a measure of your ability to remember the photos you've seen, regardless of the part in which you saw them. From all 24 photos shown in Parts 1 & 2, you recognised: 24 photo(s).

Temporal memory score
( when you saw it )

Your score: 70%

Average score: 68%

This is a measure of how often you recognised a photo and matched it to the correct part, instead of just remembering which ones you'd seen. From all the photos you recognised, you matched: 17 photo(s) to the correct part.

Guess I need more http://bestsmileys.com/sleeping/11.gif too. :D

hazelrunpack
January 8th, 2009, 09:53 AM
I had more than a 4 sec delay between some pics. Between pic 4 and 5 in both sets, there was a long pause as more slides downloaded.

When I got to the actual test, slide one went well. Slide two, I'd click on my response and hit 'Next' and all it would do is clear my response. :shrug: Wouldn't move to the next slide.

Forget about sleep--I think hazel needs a faster connection! :laughing:

ancientgirl
January 8th, 2009, 10:28 AM
I did pretty good.

Recognition score
( if you saw it )

Your score: 100%

This is a measure of your ability to remember the photos you've seen, regardless of the part in which you saw them. From all 24 photos shown in Parts 1 & 2, you recognised: 24 photo(s).

Temporal memory score
( when you saw it )

Your score: 91%

This is a measure of how often you recognised a photo and matched it to the correct part, instead of just remembering which ones you'd seen. From all the photos you recognised, you matched: 22 photo(s) to the correct part.

I missed one photo in each section. :D

Melanie1010
January 8th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Recognition score
( if you saw it )

Your score: 91%

This is a measure of your ability to remember the photos you've seen, regardless of the part in which you saw them. From all 24 photos shown in Parts 1 & 2, you recognised: 22 photo(s).

Temporal memory score
( when you saw it )

Your score: 72%

This is a measure of how often you recognised a photo and matched it to the correct part, instead of just remembering which ones you'd seen. From all the photos you recognised, you matched: 16 photo(s) to the correct part.

Im actually surprised ! I have a wicked headache and watching the slides go by I was like "Ouch my brain.. why did i do this?!" .. so very neat indeed!

rainbow
January 8th, 2009, 12:02 PM
AG, well done :thumbs up and, I love your new avatar. :D

hazelrunpack
January 8th, 2009, 12:29 PM
OK, third time through it finally went.

However, they switch the slides from attempt to attempt--same pics, just different groups...I think anyway! :o I'm just looking for excuses cuz I scored 91% and 81% respectively. :laughing: But I really do think the slides were moved around. :p

rainbow
January 8th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Who took the test....you or madame hazel? :laughing:

hazelrunpack
January 8th, 2009, 12:36 PM
She tried it the first time, hazel tried the second, and I made it through the third time. Problem was that we all three looked over each other's shoulder while they did it so we all saw the same slides in different group/order.

Yeah...that sounds pretty plausible, don't you think, TDFO?

Yep, I do, hazel...I think that's our story and we're stickin' to it! :thumbs up

bendyfoot
January 8th, 2009, 03:15 PM
First part scored 95% (92% av) and 95% on second part (68% av)

Mat&Murph
January 8th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Did 95% on the first part and 89% on the second part. Interesting test

babymomma
January 8th, 2009, 05:22 PM
I got 95 and 82. But in my defense, I just woke up from a 2 hour nap, and I feel abit loopy..lol..

Spatx
January 8th, 2009, 07:47 PM
I did awful on the test tonight, but I also worked a 9.5 hour shift, and I have a bad headache. I'll have to try again when I'm more alive - I think I'm actually a zombie right now. I scored 70% on both :laughing: I'm usually very good at recognizing faces.