Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found cat in Verdun.

rg_girlca
January 8th, 2009, 12:43 AM
As I was putting food out tonight in my cat shelter, this beauty came up on my balcony. The poor thing was so wet and cold, with small little snowballs hanging from his belly and back end. I felt so sorry for him that I just had to bring him inside. Even though I said I wouldn't bring in another cat, due to behavorial problems with one of my cats, I just didn't have the heart to leave him outside in his condition. I gave him some warm water and food. To say he INHALED the food is an understatement. This is the first time I have seen this cat in my area.

I will be calling the SPCA, surrounding vets and the lost & found websites to see if anyone has reported him missing. Yes, it's a he and NOT neutered, but very friendly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Jan07-09A.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Jan07-09B.jpg

badger
January 8th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Oh lucky boy, I can just see him inhaling that food. Breaks your heart. I hope (against hope) that he's lost and will soon be reunited with his owners.
Otherwise, well, we can help you with that behavioural problem ;)
Thanks.

Love4himies
January 8th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Thank you for taking this kitty in. Ummmm he is looking quite at home in your house. If you don't find his home then .......:whistle: well, you know :D

rg_girlca
January 8th, 2009, 08:58 PM
This is AWESOME!!!!

After work I called my girlfriend who lives down the street from me to come and see the cat. I call her the "GAZETTE lady" which is the name of our newspaper, because I swear, this woman knows everyone and everything. LOL!!!!
Sure enough she knew who this beauty belonged to. So I put him in a carrier and off we went. He lives on my street, but on the next block, about half way down. Apparently, this woman adopted, "Benson" who is 3 years old, 2 weeks ago from the SPCA and had an appointment to have him neutered last Monday, Jan. 5th. BUT on Sunday, the 4th, her son left the door open, (he's 8) when he went into the house to get something and unfortunately that's when the cat must have gotten out. She didn't notice until later when the cat didn't come for his dinner. I think he just knew he was going to have the "Big Snip-snip." She will be making another appointment tomorrow and lectured her son on making sure that the door stays closed.
Anyway, I'm very happy to know that he will be getting fixed and will be an indoor cat.

Frenchy
January 8th, 2009, 09:03 PM
wooohoo for kitty ! :thumbs up

Lau
March 15th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Can you please resubmit a picture? My mother lost her cat in October in Verdun, male.

Thanks very much!

Lau
March 15th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Sorry, in my desperation didn't read that home had been found. Thanks anyway.