JennieV
January 7th, 2009, 11:25 PM
I dug up some cool pix:

Behold! My crabbies! :laughing::laughing:

1. Lounging after bath...

2. gettin down 'n' dirty again.. :rolleyes:

Tundra_Queen
January 7th, 2009, 11:56 PM
I didn't know their shells came in so many different colours! They are kewl. I use to have some many years ago.

Debbie

rainbow
January 8th, 2009, 12:14 AM
WOW.....I didn't know they came so colourful either. :cool:

TeriM
January 8th, 2009, 03:56 AM
Cool pics :thumbs up.

hazelrunpack
January 8th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Don't hermit crabs just grab a shell that's unoccupied and fits their body size? So I think the crabs themselves aren't that colorful. Jennie just makes sure they have the finest designer shells to choose from. :D

I didn't realize you had so many, Jennie. Pretty cool! :thumbs up So do they all get along well?

AmericanBullMom
January 8th, 2009, 11:29 AM
I thought that was the way it worked too Hazel, You can pait their shells up all pretty too I think! Course I guess that might not be so healthy...
I'm imagining Juicy Couture and Chanel hermit shells! OO OO Dibs on the Patent!

JennieV
January 8th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks!
Yep, Hazel, you are right, they LOVE switching shells...Sometimes they will fight with each other, bcz one crab wants the other's shell. So the aggressor will grab the shell and try to remove it from the victim, and the victim makes this screeching scratching noise - thats when I come in and separate them to different corners...they don't normally go back to fight. And it happens very very rarely, because they have an assortment to choose from...

They are peculiar little buggars. The shells you see are all natural, just polished. Some stores sell shells that are painted, like my nephew bought one thats painted like Spiderman, but I dont like them, I like AU NATUREL. So yep, I go shell hunting and when I go to Hampton Beach, NH, they have so many to choose from I usually come back with a bazilion of them...lol...and it had cost me some pretty $$'s too! each shell is something like $3-4-5-6 (depending on size and colors), so it adds up pretty quick.

The funnest is to watch a crab change shell...He will lift it, inspect it inside out, measure it (he literally sticks himself in to see how it fit) and then finally if he is happy - he will walk away. Some crabs are funny, they change, but a day later I see them back in the old shell. Or one will change and another will steal his old shell! LOL :clown:

hazelrunpack
January 8th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Well, you never know till you move in if the plumbing is in good order or the roof leaks, so sometimes you just gotta go back to the old place. :p

babymomma
January 8th, 2009, 05:51 PM
oh what cute little creatures!

Frenchy
January 8th, 2009, 09:12 PM
ummmm , boiling water , garlic butter ... yummy :cloud9:

oh sorry , they're your pets ? ahhhh so cute ! http://bestsmileys.com/drooling/3.gif

:laughing:

angeldogs
January 8th, 2009, 10:29 PM
ummmm , boiling water , garlic butter ... yummy :cloud9:

oh sorry , they're your pets ? ahhhh so cute ! http://bestsmileys.com/drooling/3.gif

:laughing:Leave it to frenchy to come up with that comment.:laughing:

Cool crabs.they are really neat critters.i thought about getting some but 2 firebelly toads and a green anole is enough.

JennieV
January 9th, 2009, 01:00 PM
LOL Frenchy!
I am keeping them for a rainy day, when the "recession" hits hard and I have no more food....LOL