Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Yech!!! My puppy won't stop eating pooh!

Bayli
January 7th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions besides MSG in the food. Been there, done it. Didn't work! Thanks.

lUvMyLaB<3
January 7th, 2009, 07:52 PM
pick up the poops before doggy can get them. very common. especially in winter they like 'em crunchy!!

luckypenny
January 7th, 2009, 08:06 PM
:laughing: We call them poopsicles, Penny's favorite snack too :yuck:. Picking up immediately is the easiest way to solve the problem.

rainbow
January 7th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Yep, picking up right away is the easiest although "easier said than done" with lots of snow on the ground this time of year. :frustrated:

You can try giving her some crushed pineapple....there's supposed to some enzyme that makes their poo smell "undesireable" to them. :shrug:

The best is to go outside with your puppy and teach the "leave it" command. :thumbs up

totallyhip
January 7th, 2009, 11:32 PM
I have heard pineapple or spinach in their diet makes it taste bad and they won't eat it. Don't know if it works.

luckypenny
January 7th, 2009, 11:44 PM
I wonder if anyone ever did a taste test to come to that conclusion :shrug:.

:laugh:

Actually, I had read recently that pineapple aids in digestion which leads to less undigested protein in dog poop. Apparently many dogs find protein poops appetizing :D.

Chris21711
January 8th, 2009, 01:15 PM
I wonder if anyone ever did a taste test to come to that conclusion :shrug:.

:laugh:

Actually, I had read recently that pineapple aids in digestion which leads to less undigested protein in dog poop. Apparently many dogs find protein poops appetizing :D.

Completely :offtopic: but when Daisy (wabbit) was constipated with a hairball the Vet told me to give her pineapple.....hmm, interesting :)

rainbow
January 8th, 2009, 01:26 PM

I think the "undigested protein" would be from the grains in the kibble and not from the meat so feeding a high protein no grain kibble would probably help to deter the poop eating. :thumbs up