Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Doggie Dump Time

Shaykeija
January 7th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Here I go again....if this does not work out I will have to find a home for a 3 year old white toy poodle. SOAB.....

Neighbour's daughter left Jack at their house for the holidays. I looked after him 2 years ago for 3 weeks. Fell in love with him. Now she says she no longer wants him because she went back to husband and he hates the dog.( Like to kick him in the bread basket) so the mom is keeping him and seeing how the foster kids treat Jack. These are mentally challenged kids who hit their last dog with binders or a well placed kick. So I know I will be getting him here at Shaker's Haven. He is skinny and stained red from eye staining. Will be transitioning him from Little Caesars to duck and potato and getting him on Angel eyes. He is neutered and uptd on needles. He is difficult to groom. Not mean and not a biter just does not like being groomed. Petsmart said they would no longer do him and another groomer wanted him sedated. BS to that. I have 2 groomers that are willing to try. I cannot have 5 dogs I cannot have 5 dogs I wonder if husband would notice 1 more?

Frenchy
January 7th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I cannot have 5 dogs I cannot have 5 dogs I wonder if husband would notice 1 more?

ahhhh another one ? :sad: maybe if you keep one in another room and rotate , hubby won't notice :laughing:

Shaykeija
January 7th, 2009, 04:10 PM
I am lucky, I have a wait list for my rescues. I have a couple in mind for Jack. He so sweet. I went to see him today and he slept like a baby in my arms. Total love bug...:flirt: With 3 tzhu's and a poo already hubby would notice something skinny here...and I am not talking me...:D

Frenchy
January 7th, 2009, 04:14 PM
:laughing: so you already have a home for him ? Way to go ! :thumbs up

so for my next rescues , I should just contact you ! ;)

Shaykeija
January 7th, 2009, 04:19 PM
I actually have someone who lost their golden at Christmas and he was a rescue. When the grieving is over they will want to get another golden rescue....And yes these are good people, I would let them adopt any of mine...

Frenchy
January 7th, 2009, 04:23 PM
omg would they like 2x 9 years old goldens ? :pray:

I know , it's a lot to ask. :sad:

Shaykeija
January 7th, 2009, 04:26 PM
I can ask when I see her again. She is going to Mexico for holidays and they were going to bring their dog that they just lost....

MommaKat
January 8th, 2009, 03:36 PM
:fingerscr:pray: everything works out .

Poor jack, At least he has you looking out for him :highfive: .

Shaykeija
January 10th, 2009, 12:15 AM
Jack will be going to a great home. The son has already asked if the poo can sleep with him...He's 17 lol. Jack will be spoiled rotten and fattened up

Frenchy
January 10th, 2009, 12:19 AM
wooohooo ! Great job Shaykeija :highfive: :angel: :thumbs up

mummummum
January 10th, 2009, 12:42 AM
I love happy endings... good on ya for doing such a great job and caring so much:highfive:

...shame that some bybreeder-accepting members couldn't read these posts and understand how hard folks in rescue work and what heart ache it causes.

Shaykeija
January 10th, 2009, 12:59 AM
me too, but a piece of my heart goes with each one.....I fall in love with them but I am lucky...I still gets to see them..