Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Solid Gold Wolf Cub

tpup
January 7th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Hello out there, am new to this forum; hope this is the right area to ask this question. I have a 15 month old Golden who has been on Solid Gold Wolf Cub for the past 7 months; stools are normal (compared to previous food), great coat, full of energy. How long should I keep her on the Wolf cub (which is for large breed puppies), before I switch over to Wolf King. Another thing, I live in Waterdown, Ontario and the Solid Gold is very hard (and very expensive) to get around here. I made a trip to the States in the fall time and bought a few bags there (at more than reasonable price compared to here), but my supply is almost finished. Does anyone out there know of a supplier that carries Solid Gold in the GTA, or Greater Hamilton area?? Any help is appreciated. :pawprint:

chico2
January 7th, 2009, 08:58 AM
tpup,I know Ren's Pet Depot here in Oakville sells Solid Gold and everything else and they will deliver.
Waterdown is not far away from Oakville though.
Here they are www.renspets.com

breeze
January 7th, 2009, 09:08 AM
welcome to the forum Tpup.

you can also try global stores
http://www.globalpetfoods.ca/home/home.htm

click on the link for a store locater. they may also carry the food that you are looking for.

as far as how long to feed puppy food. everyone hgas different opinion on when to switch. IMO I think at 15month if your pup is at a good weight and healthy I would switch, but check with your vet.

we would love to see pictures of your pup (when you get a chance):D

tpup
January 7th, 2009, 09:40 AM
tpup,I know Ren's Pet Depot here in Oakville sells Solid Gold and everything else and they will deliver.
Waterdown is not far away from Oakville though.
Here they are www.renspets.com

Thanks chico2, Ren's has exactly what I need, and at a great price to boot!!!

:thumbs up

tpup
January 7th, 2009, 09:48 AM
welcome to the forum Tpup.

you can also try global stores
http://www.globalpetfoods.ca/home/home.htm

click on the link for a store locater. they may also carry the food that you are looking for.

as far as how long to feed puppy food. everyone hgas different opinion on when to switch. IMO I think at 15month if your pup is at a good weight and healthy I would switch, but check with your vet.

we would love to see pictures of your pup (when you get a chance):D

Thanks for the info. Breeze; tried the Globalpet link, but they are mainly associated with Ryans, of whom I contacted at several locations previously and do not carry the line of Solid Gold what I'm intereseted in, or don't carry it at all. My "pup" is now 80lbs, and seems to has stabilized, weight-wise for the past couple of months, so I guess I will gradually switch over to the adult food. When I get a chance, I'll post a pic of my sweetie Sadie!! :dog:

chico2
January 7th, 2009, 11:17 AM
tpup,yes they are a bit cheaper,usually a couple of $$ on most foods.
I go there for my cats Wellness because they are 30 cents cheaper/per 12 oz can and I buy a lot,so it adds up.