Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cremation?

TacoGrl
January 6th, 2009, 02:19 PM
For those of you who have cremated, how long did it take to get the ashes back?

When I had my Jaeger cremated, my mom picked up the ashes and to be honest, I don't remember how long it took...it was quite a few years ago.

Mooki was euthanized Dec. 10th and I still haven't received her ashes :sad:

I tried calling the vet and the person answering the phone told me they weren't there yet and told me to not call anymore because they would call me...I only phoned the once...I am going to take my new kitties (when they find me :D) to another vet...I have had some time to think about things and to tell you the truth, there are a few things that concern me about this vet.

Love4himies
January 6th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I had Snowballs back in a week.

bendyfoot
January 6th, 2009, 02:21 PM
IME, it's usually around two-three weeks to have the ashes returned, but it can vary for sure. Most clinics will call you and then leave it up to you to decide when you want to come pick them up.

sugarcatmom
January 6th, 2009, 04:23 PM
It only took about a week (maybe 10 days) for Egypt's ashes to come in.

growler~GateKeeper
January 6th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Both Mischief :cat: and Cally's :dog: were back within a week.

Dracko
January 7th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Both of mine were back within a week.

TacoGrl
January 7th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Ok, so this is weird....I picked her up this morning...it's strange how you talk about something and it happens...too bad that wouldn't work for the 649!

She came in a little purple velvet drawstring bag...I put her into the wooden box I have for her...I wish I could stop crying...I thought I was done...no more tears left...at least now she is home.

sugarcatmom
January 7th, 2009, 10:41 AM
I wish I could stop crying...I thought I was done...no more tears left...at least now she is home.

My husband had to pick up Egypt's ashes for me, and I was a total blubbering mess when he came home. We kept them in a box until the spring, then scattered them around the yard in his favourite hang-outs. More crying, but it was cathartic, and I felt he was finally at peace. Uh-oh, I'm crying again. And this was over 4 years ago. :cry:

TacoGrl
January 7th, 2009, 11:42 AM
My husband had to pick up Egypt's ashes for me, and I was a total blubbering mess when he came home. We kept them in a box until the spring, then scattered them around the yard in his favourite hang-outs. More crying, but it was cathartic, and I felt he was finally at peace. Uh-oh, I'm crying again. And this was over 4 years ago. :cry:

I still cry over Jaeger and it's been 6 years (Oct. 21/02)! These little sweeties grab our hearts and just don't let go! I agree, it is cathartic and also, missing them is the least we can do in return for what thye gave us in life.