Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Burger king, I emailed them....

Melinda
January 6th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Has anyone besides me seen that idiotic commercial for their new steakhouse burger????? I joined a page "my3cents.com" just so I could complain to them and told them that a "deserving" man is NOT a man who does not neuter his dog...that they are sending out the message to millions of male viewers that its cool not to neuter...and how dare they....I also called the local stores with the same complaint. I couldn't find an email for them anywhere on line.

sorry, maybe I should tell a bit about the commercial, a man is debating whether to buy himself the new "man" burger and his dog disagree'd, so the man replies "oh yeah? well who decided NOT to neuter you" and the dog then agree's that he deserves two.......................
because nothing more says, "You deserve a reward" like creating more unwanted puppies! geta grip burger king.......

Love4himies
January 6th, 2009, 09:57 AM
I don't watch tv too much so I haven't seen that commerical. Wonder if Bob Barker has, he would set them straight :frustrated:

BenMax
January 6th, 2009, 10:12 AM
I have not seen the commercial Melinda but GOOD FOR YOU GIRL! :thumbs up.

I will also send a letter.

Stacer
January 6th, 2009, 10:21 AM
I've thought the exact same thing about that commercial Melinda. Everytime I see it I get a little angrier. Good for you for letting them know how inappropriate it is, maybe I'll do the same!

MommaKat
January 6th, 2009, 01:54 PM
I just saw that the other day and I really hated it. I have seen many BK commercials and they tend to be really funny (I especially like the ones making fun of MacDonalds) but this was in pretty poor taste:frustrated::yell:.

BenMax
January 6th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Boycott burger shling

bendyfoot
January 6th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Yeah, I saw that one too, it irked the :censored: out of me.:frustrated:

TacoGrl
January 6th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Yup, e-mail sent!

I too think it is in poor taste...just like their food LOL! :highfive:

NoahGrey
January 6th, 2009, 04:12 PM
That and you should have wrote in your email about the thousands of helpless animals are tortoured and the majority of them are slaughtered alive. People should think about that before eating a burger, eating pork, eating chicken, etc.

ACO22

babymomma
January 6th, 2009, 08:06 PM
I saw that too. And when i started ranting about it in front of mom she had the nerve to say this.

Mom- Maybe they didnt nueter him because they want to breed him"

Me- "Hes a mutt. Which means no registration or health guarantees and son on and so forth"

Mom- " You are becaoming such a dog SNOB!"

Me- "I choose not to be unedcted about the fact that there are thousands of unwanted dogs and puppies being euthed as we speak"

Mom- "No, your just a dog snob"

That made me mad. Its people like my mother that is runining dogs.

Frenchy
January 6th, 2009, 09:24 PM

naaa, I'm sure your mom was just poking you. ;)

Luvmypitgirls
January 7th, 2009, 02:16 AM
We have seen the commercial too. At first my husband chuckled, because of the so called "man humor" of it.
Then he stopped chuckling and looked at me and said "wait, actually that ain't so funny"

We too have sent our email of protest.

BTW, the last time I ate at Burger King, was ohhh 10 yrs ago, there was a fingernail in my hamburger, I have never eaten there again:yuck:

Luvmypitgirls
January 7th, 2009, 02:19 AM
Oh and please don't bash my hubby for chuckling at first, he has this weird compulsion to laugh about anything that has to do with ummm...."testees",
you should see how he reacts to videos of guys getting hit in the plums, I swear he turns as red as a tomato, and he laughs like a hyena!
At least he got the "gist" of the issue after he chuckled momentarily.

ancientgirl
January 7th, 2009, 02:38 PM
I saw that commercial myself and wondered what the heck their ad firm was smoking. Even if they meant it as a "joke" that's not something to joke about because there are serious morons out there who already think that, so saying it on TV makes it worse!

Where can one write to protest? The only thing I've had at BK lately is the veggie burger, but I'll totally forgo that if they don't retract that commercial.

krdahmer
January 7th, 2009, 06:31 PM
I'm already boycotting burger king anyhow... and did catch that commercial the other night too... seriously... like what pile of sand has their ad company had their heads buried under the last few years!?!:loser:

kathryn
January 7th, 2009, 06:41 PM
I saw that too. And when i started ranting about it in front of mom she had the nerve to say this.

Mom- Maybe they didnt nueter him because they want to breed him"

Me- "Hes a mutt. Which means no registration or health guarantees and son on and so forth"

Mom- " You are becaoming such a dog SNOB!"

Me- "I choose not to be unedcted about the fact that there are thousands of unwanted dogs and puppies being euthed as we speak"

Mom- "No, your just a dog snob"

LOL That's ridiculous.

Jessica is such a dog snob :crazy: I'm sure your mom just does not understand the full impact of what you are talking about. I still get people who come into where I work and wanna breed their dogs or buy dogs and stuff like that. Most just don't understand... the rest are just :loser: