Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help us add to our home!

katty5256
January 5th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Last August we lost our beloved Sierra. We had a great run at the park with her adopted sister Allie and then suddenly she was unresponsive and suffered from paralysis. She was rushed to the vet the same day but she passed away 3 days later. Although there was no way to know without continued tests they suspected lepto (she was vaccinated). It was my first experience with losing a pet and it has taken 5 months but we have decided that we are ready to add to our family again.

It has been a while since we chose a new pet and the decision is more important then ever with our other dog having high anxiety and suffering from spaniel rage (minimally). Although I am an avid SPCA supporter our last 2 adoptees were adult dogs and the behavioural analysis on them were inaccurate. I want to make sure that we make the right decision for our other girl as this is such a big commitment and I see so many ad's and websites out there. I live in NB and when I search petfinder I find only a cople ad's so I thought I would try here amongst some of the best educated dog lovers out there. YOU!!! Feel free to msg. me privately as this website has concerns with advertising. I have also contacted my vet and everyone I know in the industry to help me in my search.

If you know of any rescue's that may have something along these lines I would appreciate any tips. We are looking for a rottie/dobe mix and we would prefer a puppy this time around. We are not specific on the mix but would like to have one of those as the dominant breed.

Thanks for any help, it is appreciated.

Love4himies
January 6th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Where are you located?

Love4himies
January 6th, 2009, 08:23 AM
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=58946

There is this guy looking for a home. I know he isn't a puppy, but puppies are just temporary and quickly grow into adults.

katty5256
January 6th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Hi, Sorry. We are in Moncton, NB, Canada