Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

There's something wrong with little Kiska

ancientgirl
January 5th, 2009, 06:49 PM
I'm really freaked out right now. She was fine yesterday. This morning she was on the steps, just sitting there. I walked up and down several times and she never moved. She didn't even come to eat breakfast. I figured she just didn't like what I gave them. Now I come home and she's usually at the gate but she wasn't there. I got their food ready and again, she didn't come to it. I called to her and she came out of the big carrier I have under the window.

Treat time is her favorite time. She's always the first one in line and goes nuts just to get some treats, and she was hardly even interested. She sniffed at the treats and had maybe 3 or 4. I'm so nervous. Right now she's just laying in the carrier. She's not herself.:sad:

I called the vet and her usual vet is off this week. I can't imagine what could be wrong with her. I keep thinking about her liver. After her wellness exam the vet sent me some vitamins because she said there was some "off" readings with her liver profile.

I don't see anything that looks like it might be diarrhea in the boxes and there's no vomit or anything anywhere. I feel like screaming because I don't know how to help her.:sad:

14+kitties
January 5th, 2009, 06:54 PM
:grouphug: Maybe she just has an upset belly or is catching a cold? You will be taking her to the vet asap. Just try, and I know it's hard, not to freak out too much. :grouphug:

Love4himies
January 5th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Don't panic, kitties like humans can have off days that they just don't feel well. I have gone through that will all my cats. It seems to clear up within 48 hours. :grouphug:

If she is not vomiting, have diarrhea or a change in skin colour I would just keep a very close eye on her until tomorrow.

http://www.cat-world.com.au/LiverDiseaseInCats.htm

ancientgirl
January 5th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Thanks guys. I suppose kitties are like people, you can't always feel happy and peppy.

I'm going to keep a watch over her tonight and if I don't see any change in her behavior tomorrow, I'll take her to work with me so I can watch her throughout the day. I just made an appointment for tomorrow at 7:45 pm. Hopefully she won't need it.

She's such a chatty little thing and always in the middle of everything going on. I hate seeing her like this.

Love4himies
January 5th, 2009, 07:26 PM
I know it is hard to see them like this.

Good idea to take her to work. That way you can keep a close eye on her.

Love4himies
January 5th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I meant to tell you that even my fosters kittens would get like Kiska too.

Winston
January 5th, 2009, 07:46 PM
AG I am sorry Kiska is not feeling well...I was thinking that you never know maybe there was a little scrap or something while you were at work? Maybe she is the sensitive type of kitty that will sit back aftter a scare or something and just want to be alone...I could even see her not eating if she is feelling a little scared or something?

Mine also have off days and I worry but I usually give them a few days to see if they feel a little chipper and they usually do! Tabitha was snobby today too! when I left early this am she was already asleep in her little hiding spot and wouldnt come to see me as usual when I arrived home....she came down to see DH and get some snuggles and is back in her spot asleep again!

She loves her Daddy better anyway! :D

Cindy

ancientgirl
January 5th, 2009, 07:49 PM
She came out for a little bit. I gave her a few treats and she ate them. Now she's back in the carrier.

Hopefully like you said, it will clear up on 48 hours. I'll take her in even if she looks like she's back to normal. I went across the street and bought a few cans of Fancy Feast Turkey & giblets, she likes that, so I can take it with me to work for her to nibble on.

Keep your fingers crossed.

ancientgirl
January 5th, 2009, 07:52 PM
AG I am sorry Kiska is not feeling well...I was thinking that you never know maybe there was a little scrap or something while you were at work? Maybe she is the sensitive type of kitty that will sit back aftter a scare or something and just want to be alone...I could even see her not eating if she is feelling a little scared or something?

Mine also have off days and I worry but I usually give them a few days to see if they feel a little chipper and they usually do! Tabitha was snobby today too! when I left early this am she was already asleep in her little hiding spot and wouldnt come to see me as usual when I arrived home....she came down to see DH and get some snuggles and is back in her spot asleep again!

She loves her Daddy better anyway! :D

Cindy

Winston that's possible. She's a sensitive little thing. I just though, I've been home since Christmas Eve, and today was my first day back at work so I was gone all day. I wonder if maybe she was a little confused about that.:shrug:

Winston
January 5th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Hey thats very llikely too! I wonder if thats why Tabitha is pissed at me? she had me for 2 weeks to lay on every day...she loves to lay on DH th emost but Mom is second best!

Hope all goes well and if you think she is better in the morning I am sure the vet wont mind if you call and cancel...this way you can save the cash for another appointment...

Keep us posted on little Miss!

ancientgirl
January 5th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Thanks Winston. I managed to get an appointment for early evening, so I'll have all day to make sure she's back to normal.

But I'm hoping it's just that she was missing mommy. She was like my shadow for the week and a half I was home, and then today gone. So hopefully she's just pouting.

angeldogs
January 5th, 2009, 11:07 PM
I do hope it turns out to be nothing more then an upset tummy or pouting missing mom.

chico2
January 6th, 2009, 08:15 AM
A-G,my Vinnie who usually vaccums up his food,did not touch it last night,yes I was worried....but an hour later he could eat three bowls:laughing:
Hopefully Kiska just had an off day,missing her mom:fingerscr

ancientgirl
January 6th, 2009, 08:18 AM
I have her with me at work. She ate a little more than yesterday. But then, she loves Fancy Feast. I'll see how she does later when we get home. If she looks okay, I'll change the appointment for next week when her regular vet is there. I need to take her back anyway to have her liver checked.

Love4himies
How is Kiska today? :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Love4himies
Whoops just saw your post, must have been typing at the same time. :o

ancientgirl
January 6th, 2009, 08:45 AM
L4H, she's sitting on the desk right now. She's been walking around the office meowing since we got here, but I expected that. When I bring Vlad and Oksana they are a little disoriented as well. Vlad usually gets his bearings after a bit and starts to enjoy the field trip, but Oksana doesn't usually settle down until several hours into our day. Hopefully Kiska will be like big brother and enjoy the day.

She looks a little more active today. At lunchtime I'm going to go to the that high end pet store nearby and get some of those freeze dried chicken treats. She LOVES those, so I'll let her have some and see if she will continue to get her appetite back.

14+kitties
January 6th, 2009, 12:07 PM
From sounds of things I would think she was being a bit of a stinker and sulking cause Mommy went back to work. :rolleyes: Let's hope she continues to improve.

Love4himies
January 6th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Wish I had a kitty on my desk. :sad:

How is Kiska doing? Bet she is the star of the office :laughing:

ancientgirl
January 6th, 2009, 02:47 PM
14+, she seems fine today. She's been meowing like crazy and she's been eating a bit and drinking water. She hasn't gone to the litter, but that could be because what I have in the office isn't what she's used to. Mommy wasn't pleased about going back to work either, but until we win the lottery, we must trudge on.:laughing:

L4H, she's not used to being here so she's really missing being home. She settled for a nap a few times but now she's meowing and wandering the office. I likely won't be bringing her back unless it's something like I want to watch her. She's just not used to it.

I did make an appointment for next week for her to see her regular vet. I need to have her liver looked at again to make sure whatever came up as "off" in her lab test is okay now. :fingerscr

I have a little picture of her I took with my camera here LOL, I'll have to upload it later so you can see.