Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help Needed for Big Sky Ranch

t.pettet
January 5th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Some of you maybe aware of this wonderful sanctuary in Kemptville, Ont. run by Andy Parent. Andy was diagnosed with leukemia and has been given just 1month to live, his treatments have not put his disease into remission and he was on TV CJOH Ottawa last night asking for financial assistance. Unfortunately he had to give up his job and with so many mouths to feed is feeling the strain. So check out who he is and what Andy has done for the many animals he has taken in and helped at Big Sky Ranch, Ontario. Thanks.

amaya
January 5th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Thanks for posting this…I have been trying to get as much info as possible about farm animal rescues in Ontario…I became aware of Big Sky recently. This is so sad. I will send this out to friends I know will be interested.

Love4himies
January 6th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I saw the clip on CTV Ottawa news last night, so sad. The blind horse he rescued made me cry. What a sweet man he is. :cry:

BusterBoo
January 6th, 2009, 04:45 PM
I also saw it on CJOH and my heart just broke. :cry:

I will be in K'Ville beginning of March with a group of people and we hope to do a little fundraiser (hockey tournament), hopefully Andy will keep strong, I would love to meet him, he seems like such a kind, gentle man :pray:

t.pettet
January 6th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Andy is the most dedicated, caring person I have ever met, he will take in any animal no matter the condition, age or size. He mentioned that he was put on this earth to help animals and has come from a very poor background and worked tirelessly for many, many years to make this sanctuary a safe place for the many animals with no where else to go. The animal community is losing an angel.

14+kitties
January 7th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I greatly admire people like Andy. It is so sad for him and the animals that he is losing his battle. :sad: I :pray: help comes soon for the ranch.