Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Jan 2009 Weight Loss Challenge Kick Start

TeriM
January 4th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Hi all :).

I've been a very very very bad girl this past holiday season (which for me seemed to start in mid-Nov). I know I've gained probably at least 10 pounds this past month and am up probably 20 pounds from my lowest point last year :o :sad:. On new years eve we hosted a small fondue type (reclet) party and all my clothes I bought from last year were to tight :frustrated: :o. I must say I particularly hate these 10 pounds as they show up directly on my tummy and give me a very unattractive extra roll.

The good news is that means I am still down about 15 from January last year and I am determined to turn this around before it gets worse :yell:. I really need to fix this all or nothing attitude that I have that makes me want to eat boxes of chocolates, a pan of nanaimo bar, christmas cookies and of course all the other yummy foods hanging around until I am absolutely stuffed (and then some more :o). I so wish I was one of those people that could just have a bite or even just a piece :sad:.

Here is the link to the original threads from last year in case anyone wants a trip back down memory lane.
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=48026&highlight=weight+loss+challenge
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=48040&highlight=weight+loss+challenge

:goodvibes:

TeriM
January 4th, 2009, 09:24 PM
I personally have chosen to start my new journey on tuesday this week as I have a big meeting tomorrow night which would just screw me up right away. It is also the debut of the new season of Biggest Loser which I find to be very motivating :thumbs up.

TeriM
January 5th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Oprah also has a week of healthy stuff which starts with weight on monday :thumbs up.

Rottielover
January 5th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Hey there TeriM, I have not been so good either for what I have chosen to eat, but I gained 1 lb :(
I am starting today as I go back to the gym, wohoo, For me I find the gym keeps me on track.
My goal is 15 lbs by march 15th, I hope I can do it. I have a shopping spree to do then :)

I will eally have to get back on track to reach it

Ford Girl
January 5th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Hey, Im still here too, trying my best to keep my weight gain on track!! Im up 31lbs tho, a bit over the "norm", with 12 weeks to go. Im waiting on my diabetes test to come back, hopefully I pass so I dont have to worry about that. I am still walking the dog and so busy at home - I rest when I can but there is so much to do!!! I go to bed each night exhausted, with an endless "to do" list. 8 more weeks of work.

Im excited about BL starting Tuesday, I got the BL family cook book for xmas -check it out, so good!! And most recipes are easy and inexpensive and you can find most items at regular stores. I love that show!!!

My plan is to keep walking and keep eating good stuff, and work hard after the baby comes to shed the baby weight, and then some. Im glad my 35lb loss was right before I got preggers, it kept me in the right frame of mind, and will help me get back on track. ( I can't imagine if I got preggers at my pre-loss weight, right now I'd be 252lbs!!! Jeezus!)

How is everyone else doing? Be strong and accountable!!! xo

Ford Girl
January 6th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Biggest Loser Tonight!!!

I cant wait!!!

Rottielover
January 7th, 2009, 06:05 AM
I watched it, wow what a change. This season is going to be very interesting :)

Ford Girl
January 7th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Did you see how big this season contestants are?! Wow - its going to be so good and insparational! I love that show!

TeriM
January 7th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I watched :D. Looks like a great season and it will be amazing to see some of the percentages of these people at the end.

Ford Girl
January 7th, 2009, 03:01 PM
I was thinking the same TeriM, if you are 400lbs to start - thats alot of % to lose!! I cant believe they split them up already, what a twist...did you see Jillian's face when everyone else was cheering when they annouced no one will be eliminated? LOL! She knew there was a catch.

TeriM
January 7th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Yep, both her and Bob knew that there had to be a twist :D. I wonder if they will follow any of the at home participants?

Rottielover
January 7th, 2009, 03:27 PM
I could not believe the twists, or the size of these people.
But Jillian is right, this is what we are coming down to :(
Everything is too accessible, and mixed with laziness :(

I have to say I am lucky I started my weight loss journey early enough in Kayla's life that she chooses to eat healthy.
Your choice is one thing, but forcing the bad choices on children is another.

Ford Girl
January 7th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I agree RL - makes alot of sense, we directly impact the health of our loved ones.

Im so hapoy I lost weight before I got preggers, even with carrying 30lbs extra right now Im smaller then I was this time last year!! Scarey!

Rottielover
January 10th, 2009, 10:19 PM
My goal : do not know if realistic or not, but I would like to see another 12 inches gone by March 15th :)

I have a competition going with my gym, so the motivation is definitely back on track.
So, how is everyone doing so far?

By the way, need some other people posting pics, come on, we are all in this together :)

bendyfoot
January 10th, 2009, 10:42 PM
I have some "before" pics that are simply not fit for human consumption...but maybe I'll try to dig something up....I'll see what I can do...:D

(looking fab by the way!:thumbs up)

Back on track after the holiday binge-:eek:-rama!:laughing: Running 25-35 km/week right now, starting my training "camp" in about three weeks...eating well again...lost the xmas poundage already:D

poodletalk
January 11th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Looking good Karen! I to have gained weight recently, I blame it on large amount of stress in my life right now. To help with the stress, I'm doing spinning classes and walking my dog more.

I watched the Biggest Looser for the first time last week, I felt so bad for the people who were sent home. I hope they are still be able to loose weight at home while there team member is loosing weight on TV.

Rottielover
January 21st, 2009, 10:48 AM
I have lost another 1.5 inches in 10 days. I am determined to make my goal of 10 inches lost by March 15th.
I am not so worried about weight now because my muscles are growing.
I watched the biggest loser last night, I have to say I was very disapointed that Joelle did not leave. :(

Ford Girl
January 25th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Hey everyone, how goes the battle? I cant wait to get back at it!!!

I only gained 2lbs between my Dec. 23rd OB appt and my Jan 21st appt. Which is wicked considering xmas snacks and goodies!!!:thumbs up

Let's hear some updates. :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

babymomma
January 25th, 2009, 08:09 PM
I dont post here really. But i have lost 8 lbs since like, Nov/december. And the only thing i started doing was drinking 5 bottles of water daily. :D I still enjoy my chips. .. I have NO self control when it comes to chipies!:evil:

Ford Girl
February 6th, 2009, 01:27 PM
OMG no Feb thread? tsk tsk tsk...

How is everyone doing?

bendyfoot
February 6th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Wow, um, yeah, that's pretty bad.

You know, I think I can safely say that the reason I'm not posting anymore is because my new "diet" stuff is firmly incorporated into my lifestyle now. I don't give it too much thought....:shrug:

Hope everyone else is doing well (didn't see your old post BM, congrats! Water can do amazing stuff!)