Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Colorado!!

cobykat
January 3rd, 2009, 03:25 PM
Hello All,
I have been lurking on this site for the past 12 months and decided to sign up to say hello. I have 2 dogs and 4 cats and am always looking for advice.
The posters on this site seem to be very knowledgeable and have a true passion and caring nature for all animals! I followed the Horton story and was so emotionally moved to say hello. What a heart breaker. :sorry:
Anyway, I just want to wish everyone here a Happy New Year. Thanks!

hazelrunpack
January 3rd, 2009, 03:49 PM
What? No pictures!? :eek: Surely after a year you must've noticed how we're all picture-hounds! :laughing: But no pressure...no pressure :o

With 2 dogs and 4 cats plus your son, you must have a lively household. :D

And we'd love to see as many pics as you're willing to share, too... :o But no pressure :p

Welcome to the board, cobykat! :thumbs up

Tundra_Queen
January 3rd, 2009, 07:20 PM
Hi there! Welcome to the forum!! And Yes, pictures please.... :D

cobykat
January 3rd, 2009, 10:32 PM
Thank you for your warm welcome. I hope I have attached these pictures correctly. My son and I have been back in Colorado for three years now. My son, who is now 9, was born in Australia. We lived there for 5 years and moved to Papua New Guinea. We live there for 3 years. I had many unusual creatures in PNG and was on the board of the SPCA. We currently have the following animals:

Joe - 2.5 years, Boxer. Bought from a BYB and a Parvo survivor.
Jade - 3 years, Pug. Rescued off Craigslist weighing 7 pounds and suffering from a bad case of Gardia.
Sophia - 2 year old cat. Rescued off Craigslist as she was a bit feral and was never going to be adopted from a shelter. Owner was going to have a baby and did not want her to be around the new baby.
Mittens - 5 months, cat. Rescued from the pound. She's a real handful - of course, she's a polydactyl!
Emeka - 2 year old Savannah. Was adopted to someone else for a week and they returned him to the owner as he attacked and bit the new owner!
Slinky - 4 year old Wedgewood Siamese. He has been living with us for two months now, terribly freightened of the dogs and hiding in the closet. He will have a new owner in a weeks time.

I look forward to posting and reading this forum in 2009!

Thank you!
Kris

aslan
January 3rd, 2009, 10:47 PM
cobycat welcome to the forum, wow your and your family are well traveled. I don't know about the others, but i think your picture qualifies with the january pic thread for feeties i definately see cute boxer feeties.

the kitties are very gorgeous too.:D

cobykat
January 3rd, 2009, 10:50 PM
A couple more pics.....Joe said that wasn't a very good pose of him and thought this one was more suitable!

hazelrunpack
January 3rd, 2009, 10:51 PM
Now that's hazel's kinda bed! :cloud9: Filled with furries! :D Love the shot of the kitty on the blue towel, too.

cobykat
January 3rd, 2009, 10:53 PM
It seems to be the real meeting place. No one is judged for bad gas or snoring too loudly!

14+kitties
January 3rd, 2009, 11:08 PM
Yes, Joe's toes need to be in the January photo challenge. First thing I thought when I saw them!
Love the family cobycat! Slinky The Siamese is gorgeous! Is he going to a home with no other pets or just no dogs?
Mittens....... She's the one who keeps sneaking outside? My Mittens is male and almost 9 months old.

cobykat
January 3rd, 2009, 11:32 PM
Yes, that is Mittens.... She ran out the door when we came home tonight. She loves the tree in the back yard. It's freezing and snowing but if she had her drathers, she would be outside right now....the little sneak!:eek:

The Siamese is terrified of the dogs and I have found him a perfect home. Joe is a real cat whisperer, if he can't make friends with this cat, no dog can. Joe is frustrated that he can't make friends, and the cat is frustrated that he keeps looking at him. No sign of letting up.:shrug:

hazelrunpack
January 3rd, 2009, 11:52 PM
It seems to be the real meeting place. No one is judged for bad gas or snoring too loudly!

:laughing:

Mittens in the tree is so cute! :cloud9: