46152 46153

growler~GateKeeper
January 2nd, 2009, 02:19 AM
These are on the windows that face onto the balcony:

46154 46155

And my bathroom mirror w/a little editing of me out of the middle:

aslan
January 2nd, 2009, 07:30 AM
growler i love the butterfly girl in the first picture. I have the ones you gave me on the glass on our front door so when the sun shines i have little rainbows in my entranceway.

chico2
January 2nd, 2009, 07:41 AM
Growler,those are beautiful,they look like stain Glass,but they are not hanging:confused:did you make those??
My middle son used to make stained glass ornaments for the windows.

14+kitties
January 2nd, 2009, 08:07 AM
I love the little butterfly gals too. They are sweet!
Chico - it's a "stained glass" that clings to windows, mirrors, etc. They are neat. Just don't put them on fridges. They stain. :o I found that out the hard way after I made a few for my fridge. :rolleyes:
Mine are on the window the kitties sit in most. Funny, I had a hummer on my living room window. Timmy went right for it and ripped it down. The ones you gave me growler, no one has touched. :shrug:

rainbow
January 2nd, 2009, 01:26 PM
WOW....I love them. :lovestruck:

The big butterflies are my favourites and the dragonflies and the big sun and of course the hummingbirds. :cloud9: I love dolphins and fishies too especially for the bathroom. :thumbs up

Awesome work :highfive: ......your windows look great. :cloud9:

chico2
January 2nd, 2009, 01:30 PM
Is that made of glass-paint and led-strips?
I did that to my side-door window,but covered the whole window,looked just like stained glass.

onster
January 2nd, 2009, 03:54 PM
OOOH I LOVE those :D Theyre so bright and cheerful...

I see a project coming on :lightbulb: except my skills stop at drawing stick men. How do you do it? Or do you buy them?

Frenchy
January 2nd, 2009, 04:28 PM
I love the ones you sent me Growler ! :thumbs up I still have the one from last year in my dining room window , the others will join it once I take out the x-mas decorations :thumbs up Ever thought about doing them for money ? You could really sell those !!

hazelrunpack
January 2nd, 2009, 04:36 PM
I don't see any hummingbirds on your windows? Did one of the pics not download for me?

I love my hummingbirds, growler! :flirt: A little bit of springtime all year round! :D

I agree with Frenchy--might be a nice side-business for ya! :thumbs up

onster
January 2nd, 2009, 05:10 PM
I'd buy them for sure!

Let me know if u ever decide to sell some :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
January 2nd, 2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the compliments :o :D

growler i love the butterfly girl in the first picture.

That one and the green winged one are Faeries ;) :D

Growler,those are beautiful,they look like stain Glass,but they are not hanging:confused:did you make those??

It is a special type of glass paint and "liquid leading" that doesn't contain any lead. The lead you paint onto a sheet of glass then allowed to dry, then you paint the colours, allow to dry then peel & stick onto any window/mirror and they can be removed & restuck numerous times :D

I don't see any hummingbirds on your windows? Did one of the pics not download for me?

There are 8 pics in the first 3 posts so you saw them all, I don't actually have a hummingbird on any of my windows right now :shrug:

Several years ago I used to make them for a local BC company & they were sold in various stores/craft shows across the province. The business was sold & I wasn't contacted by the new owner to paint for them :shrug: dunno whether it's still around.

These are 2 others I have painted waiting for homes :laughing: that are not on my windows (just propped up against the window so you can see the colours):

breeze
January 2nd, 2009, 06:51 PM
I love them all Growler!!

they make any room brighter and cheerier..:cloud9:

onster
January 2nd, 2009, 09:56 PM
Is it all freehand growler?

growler~GateKeeper
January 2nd, 2009, 10:14 PM
You place a picture tracer under the sheet of glass to trace the outline with the leading ontop & the painting ontop is done from a paint tube so that part is free hand :D

TeriM
January 3rd, 2009, 12:16 AM
Wow growler those are beautiful :cloud9:. I love the ones you gave me and the hummingbird one is right above some flowers on my windowsill so it looks like the bird is after the flowers :).

growler~GateKeeper
January 3rd, 2009, 12:47 AM

chico2
January 3rd, 2009, 07:32 AM
Growler,yes,that's what I used,I made sort of an Eagle(:laughing:)freehand and made different color squares around the window,I loved working with that stuff.
That was several years ago and it's now gone,but for a while it was like an addiction,I used it on clear vases,mirrors almost anything it would adhere too:laughing:
I was looking for a pic of my door-window can't find it...I was surely not as good at it as you though.

growler~GateKeeper
January 3rd, 2009, 03:40 PM
Chico it just takes lots of practice & that the drawings are not mine own helps :laughing:

hazelrunpack
January 3rd, 2009, 04:17 PM
That little inch worm is a cutie :lovestruck: