Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Hazel Run Winter Olympics

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2009, 10:59 PM
ETA: Kris, there are five days of competition in this thread, with gaps in between. :thumbs up

Yes, the Hazel Run Winter Olympics are in full swing.

The weather was gloomy with a hint of snow...
...perfect for our first event: Leaf Hauler Sledding

And here come our first (and only) contestants, Princess Lil Belle and the Hazel Run Mama!

"Get back in, Lil Belle, or we'll be disqualified!!!"

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2009, 11:06 PM
"Hang on, Lil Belle! We're getting to the speedy part of the track!"

"Mom, will you and Lil Belle hurry up? You're holding up traffic! I'm missin' out on the acorns down there!"

:o Well, okay. So maybe this isn't the most exciting sport there is...let's see if we can find another Olympic activity that offers a little more action :thumbs up

"Brier, Ms Macie is looking for a partner in the dance contests!"

"Cool! She'll love having a charming partner like me! Let's go!"

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2009, 11:12 PM
Esquire Brier found the scintillating Ms Muddy Mossy Messy Macie warming up in the Side Yard for the next day's Dance competition.
"Hey, Ms Macie! Need a partner?"

"Can you dance?"

"You bet!!!"

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2009, 11:21 PM
The fans of the Dancing Events gather on the side lines as practice continues.

The Dance is graceful, covering the whole arena, as is required by the Hazel Run Olympic Rules:

46138 46137

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2009, 11:26 PM
Sometimes the fans get carried away by the sheer excitement of it all and join in :o

"I'm outnumbered!" barks Ms Macie. "Practice over!" And she runs for the house...er...um...the Olympic Chalet.

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2009, 11:29 PM
Later on, as snowy dogs are getting toweled off in the "Olympic Chalet", Grace turns to the Hazel Run Mama.

"That was amazingly fun, Mom! Can we go to the Olympics again tomorrow?"

"We'll see, Grace. We'll see..."

Dracko
January 1st, 2009, 11:31 PM
Omg your dogs have such a good life. I wish I had such a big back yard to play with Dracko in. I think he'd like to be in the Olympics, too. ;)

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2009, 11:38 PM
Hey, we're always looking for new participants in the Hazel Run Winter Olympics! Come on down! :D If Dracko can't find an existing event that suits his fancy, he can do what we do--make something up! :laughing:

rainbow
January 1st, 2009, 11:58 PM
:eek: I can't believe that Lil Belle actually goes down the hill IN the leaf hauler with you..........that is just too cute. :cloud9: Do the rest of them take turns doing it as well? :D

And love the sweatshirt. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
January 2nd, 2009, 12:02 AM
Nope, Lil Belle is the only one who'll sit still in the Leaf Hauler...and lately she's been jumping in and out all the way down... One more indication of how slow the leaf hauler actually is! :laughing: Occasionally, Belle or one of the others will run up the sled track and jump in the leaf hauler with all fours, landing squarely on hazel's belly. This usually results in a break in the action as hazel tries to get her breath back! :laugh:

The shirt was a gift from a friend of mine a couple years ago--at the time, the six woofs matched the size of the Pack perfectly :o I've been unable to find one with 8 woofs on it! :D

Tundra_Queen
January 2nd, 2009, 12:04 AM
LMBO that is too funny Hazel,,, love the comments.

Tomorrow could be the big snowball catching contest! LOL

Chaser
January 2nd, 2009, 12:13 AM
Adorable pictures :lovestruck:

I agree that "snowball catching" could be a great event!

growler~GateKeeper
January 2nd, 2009, 12:26 AM
:eek: I can't believe that Lil Belle actually goes down the hill IN the leaf hauler with you..........that is just too cute. :cloud9:

A little live action Hazel Run sledding captured here (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/540120/2753347) :D

Lukka'sma
January 2nd, 2009, 01:04 PM
Looks like fun hazel. Maybe Mishka and I will have to head on over to your place to take part in this Olympic event. Does the Olympic Chalet serve hot chocolate?

diandpat
January 2nd, 2009, 01:09 PM
Yeah...I LOVE Hazelrun pictures :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

What a great way to spend the day...playing with eight dogs:thumbs up

As usual, great pics and fun story.

That last pic of Grace is just gorgeous :lovestruck:

angeldogs
January 2nd, 2009, 02:57 PM
:laughing:Good story.Lil Belle in the leaf hauler with you cute.

onster
January 2nd, 2009, 03:19 PM
Love your stories!

:crazy::crazy:

Looks like so much fun!

Frenchy
January 2nd, 2009, 04:14 PM
A little live action Hazel Run sledding captured here (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/540120/2753347) :D

I was able to see it entirely without it stopping for download every 4 seconds !!! :thumbs up woohoo ! I really thought Cole would have ended up on Hazel mom's head :laughing:

I love Grace's face in that last picture :lovestruck:

can't wait for the next Olympics :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
January 2nd, 2009, 04:21 PM
Well, I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying the Hazel Run Olympics. :D We'll maybe do another event tomorrow. Today I had to drive the 70 km into town to print December's digital pics... :o Since this digital camera arrived, I've been putting upwards of 200 pics a month in my albums... :o I'm running out of shelf space for the albums. :laughing:

Looks like fun hazel. Maybe Mishka and I will have to head on over to your place to take part in this Olympic event. Does the Olympic Chalet serve hot chocolate?

Oh, you bet! Hot chocolate, various types of teas, and lots and lots and pots of flavored coffee with whipped cream! :thumbs up

:evil: I'd love to get my hands on Mis....um....I'd love to have you visit :angel:

I was able to see it entirely without it stopping for download every 4 seconds !!! :thumbs up woohoo !

Cool! hazel can't see it :frustrated: I'm glad growler remembered it was out there (:thankyou: growler...unless there's something embarrassing in there :laughing:)...I can't download and view stuff once I've put it out there so I can't remember what's there. :o

Frenchy
January 2nd, 2009, 04:24 PM
(:thankyou: growler...unless there's something embarrassing in there :laughing:)

Other than you coming out of the shower , it's only doggy stuff :laughing:

hazelrunpack
January 2nd, 2009, 04:28 PM
Oh, and Frenchy, I love your new avatar :flirt:

Lukka'sma
January 2nd, 2009, 06:24 PM
Well, I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying the Hazel Run Olympics. :D We'll maybe do another event tomorrow. Today I had to drive the 70 km into town to print December's digital pics... :o Since this digital camera arrived, I've been putting upwards of 200 pics a month in my albums... :o I'm running out of shelf space for the albums. :laughing:

Oh, you bet! Hot chocolate, various types of teas, and lots and lots and pots of flavored coffee with whipped cream! :thumbs up

:evil: I'd love to get my hands on Mis....um....I'd love to have you visit :angel:

Cool! hazel can't see it :frustrated: I'm glad growler remembered it was out there (:thankyou: growler...unless there's something embarrassing in there :laughing:)...I can't download and view stuff once I've put it out there so I can't remember what's there. :o

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/dreculsi1.gif

breeze
January 2nd, 2009, 06:49 PM
love the winter olympics :cloud9: looks like so much fun!!

our consists of a bark fest with each other (Bree and Archer)and a bark fest at the group of kids that slide down the hill on the sleds:laughing::laughing: no winner has been chosen yet.:laughing::laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
January 2nd, 2009, 07:03 PM

I've got the video album bookmarked :cloud9: :lovestruck:

That's the one w/Lil' Belle on your lap in the sled licking your face going down the hill w/Coley standing in the way until the last second, then we get a nice shot of Lil' Belle chapping your face at the end :D

:laugh: :laugh: Frenchy :evil: :D

hazelrunpack
January 2nd, 2009, 08:19 PM

:eek:

That's the one w/Lil' Belle on your lap in the sled licking your face going down the hill w/Coley standing in the way until the last second, then we get a nice shot of Lil' Belle chapping your face at the end :D

Oh! Oh, yeah...I remember.... :o Whew!

:laughing: Frenchy, you're so bad! :p

Ford Girl
January 2nd, 2009, 08:33 PM
I LOVE the last pic, her face is very cute. :lovestruck: your place does look like a doggie dream come true. :cloud9:

14+kitties
January 2nd, 2009, 08:37 PM
Love your Winter Olympics!! And the video!
mmmm, wonder how 20 some kitties would fit in there? :rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
January 2nd, 2009, 08:45 PM
I think 20 some kitties would fit in fine. In the second and third pics, the building to the left is our 'kennel' building. Has heat, indoor/outdoor runs with communicating doors, and a screened in porch. Ready for immediate occupancy since the dogs never use it. :D If I put the dogs in the house for safety, I'll bet I could fit nearly 10 or 11 of the kitties in the leaf hauler with me on the way down the hill, too! :laughing: Think they'd still be in there with me at the bottom of the hill?

FG, that pic was actually taken a couple days before the rest, but it was so cute I just had to find a spot in the story to show it off. :o

14+kitties
January 2nd, 2009, 08:50 PM
If I put the dogs in the house for safety, I'll bet I could fit nearly 10 or 11 of the kitties in the leaf hauler with me on the way down the hill, too! :laughing: Think they'd still be in there with me at the bottom of the hill?

Ummm, no. Not to mention you would probably have numerous claw marks on you. No coat protects you from their fierce claws!! Which reminds me..... I have to sit down with them for an hour soon and do some clipping. :rolleyes:

How about I just bring them all down and move right in the kennels with them! :thumbs up :D

hazelrunpack
January 2nd, 2009, 09:14 PM
That would be acceptable, too, 14+! :highfive: Then you can take them down the hill when they think they wanna try it! :D

14+kitties
January 2nd, 2009, 09:17 PM
Yeah, cause I'm used to the claw marks! Very seldom have a time when I am not sporting one or two. Amazingly, I am scratch free at the moment. No thanks to Ms Atty who loves to play with claws out. :evil:

Frenchy
January 2nd, 2009, 09:25 PM
Love your Winter Olympics!! And the video!
mmmm, wonder how 20 some kitties would fit in there? :rolleyes:

Now THAT would be interesting Olympics :laughing:

I forgot to say how I love the "Dances with woofs" shirt Hazel :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
January 2nd, 2009, 09:33 PM
I'm tellin' ya, 14+, body armor is the way to go! :laughing:

The shirt is soft, too, Frenchy :cloud9:

TeriM
January 3rd, 2009, 01:35 AM
Hmmm, I see the pairs competition for dance but isn't their usually a synchronized team event for these types of thingts :rolleyes: :D.

Great pics, love the action shots and especially love that last pic of Grace :cloud9:.

hazelrunpack
January 3rd, 2009, 10:38 AM
Hmmm, I see the pairs competition for dance but isn't their usually a synchronized team event for these types of thingts :rolleyes: :D.

:eek: You want synchronized?!? You mean the usual 'chaos in concert' ain't gonna cut it? :p

Well, Pack...looks like we have a little training to do! :laughing: Should be ready by the 2012 Olympics! :o

angeldogs
January 3rd, 2009, 03:50 PM
:eek: You want synchronized?!? You mean the usual 'chaos in concert' ain't gonna cut it? :p

Well, Pack...looks like we have a little training to do! :laughing: Should be ready by the 2012 Olympics! :o

For now the the usual chaos in concert will do.:D

hazelrunpack
January 3rd, 2009, 04:00 PM
Whew! :laughing:

Unfortunately it's too dark and gloomy (and cold) outside to get good pics. Way too dark inside, too...

Maybe tomorrow :fingerscr

angeldogs
January 3rd, 2009, 04:38 PM
Whew! :laughing:

Unfortunately it's too dark and gloomy (and cold) outside to get good pics. Way too dark inside, too...

Maybe tomorrow :fingerscr

That would be good.

glasslass
January 3rd, 2009, 10:06 PM
"Zoomie Dancing"! I want a "Dancing with Woofs" shirt too!!!

hazelrunpack
January 3rd, 2009, 10:20 PM
Want me to ask my friend where she got it, glasslass? :D

hazelrunpack
January 4th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Although the icy weather has delayed the Games, there have been no cancellations. Instead, the Hazel Run Pack practices when they can and competes when conditions permit.

Today's activities included an early-morning practice for tomorrow's Ice Chunk Hunt. As luck would have it, after last night's ice storm, there was plenty of ice to go around. :dog:

"Comin' out, Ember?"

"Wow! Look at all the ice out here!"

"There's more over here!"

hazelrunpack
January 4th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Practice continues as the sun finally makes it up over the tree tops and melts a little ice. Once the ice softens a bit and traction improves, the first synchronized chaos trials start. :D

"Mmmmmmm....delicious ice!"

"Forget about the ice, Lil Belle! It's time to make some Chaos!"

Sneaking up behind Princess Lil Belle, Esquire Brier earns the first chaos points...

...but Lil Belle squirms away and slides off down the slope to a more advantageous position.

hazelrunpack
January 4th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Amazing Grace and Brier often participate in these events as a tag team.

Grace wanders into the fray, acting as a distraction to Belle...

...as Brier moves in to attempt a paw grab!

"Not fast enough!" barks Lil Belle as she repels both her attackers.
Ms Muddy Mossy Messy Macie makes the official announcement:
"Having held off both Brier and Grace, Lil Belle wins extra chaos points
and advances to the next level of Synchronized Chaos Competition!"

hazelrunpack
January 4th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Later, Brier regroups while relaxing in the comfy rocker.

"Tomorrow is another day!" he vows and plans the next day's strategies.

growler~GateKeeper
January 4th, 2009, 11:34 PM
:laughing: Brier and Grace foiled again by the Princess :laughing:

I just love Lil Belle's tail :lovestruck::cloud9: so full, long & purrdy colours :cloud9:

TeriM
January 4th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Awww poor Brier ... cheer up pup you have lots of Olympics still left for you to be the medalist :D.

Woohoo Lil Belle :lovestruck:. Love that fluffy tail :cloud9:.

hazelrunpack
January 4th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Yeah, she's one hairy dudette! :rolleyes: I get as much off of her as I do off all the others combined when I'm grooming them. :D

angeldogs
January 5th, 2009, 02:42 PM
:laughing:Love the chaos.tag teaming,sneaking up and the paw grabbing.

14+kitties
January 5th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Oh hazel, you and your pups keep us entertained so well!! Keep up the great work! :thumbs up:cloud9:

chico2
January 5th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Hazel,awww to go sledding with eight dogs,I could even like winter if that's the kind of fun I could have in the snow.
Probably would break all my bones though:yell:

aslan
January 5th, 2009, 05:36 PM
you can get the dances with woofs t-shirts here...

www.entertainyamania.com/product.php?sku=127&prod_id=

hazelrunpack
January 5th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Hazel,awww to go sledding with eight dogs,I could even like winter if that's the kind of fun I could have in the snow.
Probably would break all my bones though:yell:

That's the beauty of leaf hauler sledding, chico. It's a big thing with 6-inch high sides. You can't fall out and you sit the whole way down! :thumbs up Plus we rarely exceed walking speeds down the hill! :laughing:

hazel needs safe sports...she's a clutz :o

hazelrunpack
January 5th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Day 3 dawned cold but bright and the Hazel Run Pack was ready for the first competition of the day--the Olympic Individual Snoozing event. :thumbs up

Sheriff Cole and Lady Ridge put in a good effort at different ends of the large Kuranda bed,
only to find that the rules are very strict--no bed sharing!

So their first entry, although quite skillful, was disqualified.

Princess Lil Belle showed off her beautiful paws in this entry on Dad's chair...

...as Amazing Grace made sweet bedroom eyes from another Kuranda bed.

But neither of those entries were deemed worthy of the gold.

hazelrunpack
January 5th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Ms Macie was a strong contender for a medal with her rendition of 'Peace on Earth'...

...but was knocked from the medal stand by Sheriff Cole's second entry, 'All's right with the world'...

...and King Ember's world-renowned 'Leaning Snooze':

Frenchy
January 5th, 2009, 08:41 PM
"Comin' out, Ember?"

:laughing: I think Ember wanted to do the snoozing competition instead :laughing:

...as Amazing Grace made sweet bedroom eyes from another Kuranda bed.

ahhhh Grace wanted someone to cuddle with her :cloud9:

I love the chaos competition :laughing: must take a lot of organization from the pack :D :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
January 5th, 2009, 08:48 PM
But in the end, the gold medal went to Princess~Queen Cass
for her display of exquisite technique as she put the Hazel Run Rocker to good use:

Ah, that gold medal girl! :cloud9:

Frenchy
January 5th, 2009, 08:51 PM
[CENTER][I][B][COLOR="Purple"]But in the end, the gold medal went to Princess~Queen Cass
for her display of exquisite technique as she put the Hazel Run Rocker to good use:

note to self , get a rocking chair for Cass ...

ahem , she looks quite comfy :D

luckypenny
January 5th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Oh hazel, you and your pups keep us entertained so well!! Keep up the great work! :thumbs up:cloud9:

I AB-SO-LUTE-LY AGREE!!! :goodvibes: :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
January 5th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Once the Individual Snoozing was over, it was time for the Semi-Finals in the Olympic Synchronized Chaos competition.

Everyone was looking to gain some chaos points today.

Princess~Queen Cass started the competition by giving Sheriff Cole the Royal Eye

Immediately, the Pack began gathering points by chasing and feinting...

...and cornering the Sheriff by the kennel building.

hazelrunpack
January 5th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Esquire Brier, still smarting from his loss the day before, put his new plan in play.

"Follow me, Mom! Watch me earn some chaos points!"
And he leaped into the fray...
...only to be immediately rolled by the Sheriff!

The Sheriff moved up in the standings by virtue of the chaos points earned in rolling his Deputy.

Brier, of course, was not happy.
"Aw, phooey!!" complained the Esquire.

"Nyah-nyah!" barked Princess Lil Belle.

hazelrunpack
January 5th, 2009, 09:10 PM
"Time for Plan B, Mom! Come with me!"

King Ember, a non-competitor in this particular event, sees the action about to swing his way and leaves the arena.
"I'm outta here...this is gonna get rough!"

"You are a huge pest, Brier, and I'm gonna steal ALL of your chaos points!"

hazelrunpack
January 5th, 2009, 09:18 PM
And they're OFF!!!!

Around the trees, up hill and down...as hard as Brier tries to corner Belle, she eludes him and counterattacks.
Even when all the rest of the competitors join in, Princess Lil Belle still manages to hold everyone off!

Chaos points are being earned right and left, but none of them are going Brier's way.

hazelrunpack
January 5th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Three seconds...two seconds....one second....TIME'S UP!!

The Pack waits for the official verdict from Ms Macie...

..."And the winners of the most synchronized choas points are...
Lil Belle and Sheriff Cole!!!!"

"Oh, fish breath," mutters a thwarted Brier.

"Sheriff Cole advances to the Finals with Lil Belle in the Synchronized Chaos Event!!"

Tails are wagged in appreciation around the World!

hazelrunpack
January 5th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Later, in the warmth of the Hazel Run Living Room, the Pack practices the first event for the next day of competition: Synchronized Snoozing.

Since they're all pretty tired from Day 3's activities, the Pack finds the practice session to be extremely satisfying.

luckypenny
January 5th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Wonderful!!! Disney, Pixar, move on over, Hazelrunpack wins the story of the year :goodvibes: :thumbs up.

Omd, can you imagine a movie starring the pack :goodvibes: :crazy:. Never mind publishers, HRP, I think you ought to be sending some of this stuff to directors in Hollywood :thumbs up.

What an entertaining picture story!

angeldogs
January 5th, 2009, 10:16 PM
That or doing kids or comical books.

The the synchronized sleeping pics.awww such sleeping or trying to sleep beauties.

hazelrunpack
January 5th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments. The Pack loves to share their activities...they hate to let good energy go to waste! :laugh:

I love the chaos competition :laughing: must take a lot of organization from the pack :cloud9:

Yep...lots of organized chaos. :thumbs up

Wonderful!!! Disney, Pixar, move on over, Hazelrunpack wins the story of the year :thumbs up.

Omd, can you imagine a movie starring the pack :goodvibes: :crazy:. Never mind publishers, HRP, I think you ought to be sending some of this stuff to directors in Hollywood

omd, can you imagine the chaos that would hit the set the minute the Pack arrived! :eek: :laughing: Oh, my, the images running through my head! :laugh:

:eek: They just knocked over a multi-thousand-$ camera!!! http://foolstown.com/sm/obm.gif

hazelrunpack
January 5th, 2009, 10:22 PM
That or doing kids or comical books.

The the synchronized sleeping pics.awww such sleeping or trying to sleep beauties.

I'm a big fan of their synchronized sleeping competitions, too! :o :cloud9:

:laughing:

Ford Girl
January 5th, 2009, 10:50 PM
I love it hazel - too cute, seriously - I could vacation at your house with the pack. :cloud9: do they all just pick a bed and go for a nap? do they have their own beds or do they switch it up? :crazy:

hazelrunpack
January 5th, 2009, 10:53 PM
They switch up. And Ridge is an equal-opportunity smusher...she often will climb in an occupied dog bed and smush the snoozer already in residence. :dog: She seems to love to snuggle, but the Pack is a bit leery of her deadly elbows! Having been the recipient of those elbows in the past, I can see why.... :eek:

growler~GateKeeper
January 5th, 2009, 11:12 PM
1st pic Ridgey how could you possibly be comfy enough to sleep like that? :confused:

Awww snoozin' Macie :lovestruck:

Love Embers' sunbeam lean :laughing:

Will they set the rocker in motion on purpose? or just from settling down?

Love Brier's ""Follow me, Mom!" pic :laughing: and the "And they're off" pic too funny :highfive:

hazelrunpack
January 5th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Ridge often sleeps 'on the edge' if she's not sleeping on another dog! :o She's been known to roll off a bed because she's too close to the edge of if. :laughing:

The chair only rocks while they're climbing up into it...which is pretty funny to watch :D Especially with Brier the first few times he tried it--he'd perch gingerly on the edge of the seat with all four paws and quiver for about 4 minutes before he'd get brave enough to move forward, curl, and settle! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
January 5th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Maybe Ridge wants to make sure there's enough room to tempt another Packmate to share so she can squish them once they've settled :laughing:

hazelrunpack
January 5th, 2009, 11:43 PM
They won't come over to get squished...she has to go to them. :D And she does, she does... Ms Macie gets up and finds another bed when Ridge tries to squish her. Ember growls at Ridge when she moves in on him. But the rest of the them are extremely tolerant of Ridge's squishing. :o Especially Cass, who gets the brunt of it.

growler~GateKeeper
January 5th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Ms Macie gets up and finds another bed when Ridge tries to squish her. Ember growls at Ridge when she moves in on him.

:laughing: :laughing:

hazelrunpack
January 7th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Day 4 was the day before the big finals:
the Rolling competition; the Synchronized Snoozing final; and the Synchronized Chaos final.

The day was gloomy and the Pack was mostly quiet, resting up for the big day,
except for Esquire Brier who caught up with Ms Muddy Mossy Messy Macie in the Side Yard.

"Ms Macie, may I have a word with you please?"

"Sure, Brier, what's on your mind?"

"Well, you know how you awarded all the chaos points to Belle and Cole, yesterday?"

"Yes, Brier."

"It's not right! I should have gotten those points! I'm the Chaos King!!"

"Brier?"

"Yes, Ms Macie?"

"You're disqualified from the competition."

Brier's protestations echoed around the Side Yard for most of the afternoon...

Ford Girl
January 7th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Ah *****, I cracked up reading that last picture bits - too funny!! They look like they said exactly that, Macie listening and then disqualifies him!! LOL!! Poor Brier!!

AmericanBullMom
January 7th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Oh my gosh... I just nearly spewed Hot cocoa all over the computer screen with last picture:laughing::laughing:...Poor Poor Brier...

hazelrunpack
January 7th, 2009, 03:24 PM
The Final Day of Competition dawned gloomy and chill. Perfect for the activities slated.

First on the agenda was the Rolling Competition. Cole and Belle tossed a cookie to determine who competed first. Cole won the toss.

He lowered himself to the snow and slid forward as far as he could go, flipped up on his back, waved his legs, then flopped over gracefully on his side to finish out in another stretch.

Lil Belle wagged her tail in approval with the rest of the watching Pack.

"Next!" called King Ember, the judge for the event.

Lil Belle came over, rolled over onto her side from a sitting position, then rolled onto her back to wave her legs high.
She stretched out...and accidentally kicked King Ember in the chops.

"The winner is Sheriff Cole!" barked King Ember grumpily.

Cole stood for a moment in the Big Yard to receive the accolades of the Pack before moving on to his next Event, the Synchronized Chaos Final.

hazelrunpack
January 7th, 2009, 03:34 PM
The Pack greeted the two main contestants in the Synchronized Chaos Final, Princess Lil Belle and Sheriff Cole.
Brier was already complaining.

"This contest is fixed!"

"Quiet, Brier," barked Amazing Grace.

"Now I want a clean contest," yapped Ms Macie, and the competition began!

Princess Lil Belle dodged to the gate to circle around Sheriff Cole...
...and found herself immediately confronted by Brier, still smarting after his conversation with Ms Macie the day before.

"Bug off, Brier!" woofed the Sheriff. "You've been disqualified!"
Princess Lil Belle won some points repelling the young upstart.

hazelrunpack
January 7th, 2009, 03:39 PM
The Chaos intensified as Belle and Cole concentrated on winning as many chaos points off their opponent as possible. Grace actually earned a few chaos points from getting in their way.

Occasionally, Sheriff Cole would break off and take a quick zoomie around the arena. *note the speed of his zoomie--so great that the camera can't keep up with him :laughing:*

hazelrunpack
January 7th, 2009, 03:45 PM

"Three, two, one! Competition is over!" rowfed Ms Macie.

The combatants stood panting in the arena as the scores were totaled.

Ms Macie then announced the winner.

"The winner is...

Princess Lil Belle!!!"

The Pack's tails wagged appreciatively!

Sheriff Cole, the silver medalist, and Amazing Grace, who came in a distant third for the bronze, barked their congratulations.

chico2
January 7th, 2009, 03:51 PM
:laughing::laughing:What a life you must have with these guys:lovestruck:
You are very,very talented:grouphug:

hazelrunpack
January 7th, 2009, 03:55 PM
The Pack moved up onto the deck and into the Hazel Run House for the final competition of the Hazel Run Winter Olympics, Synchronized Snoozing.

King Ember was the judge for this event. He circled around the room of slumbering setters, checking out their use of the available space, making sure at least two dogs were sharing one bed (which is one of the rules of the competition), and occasionally lying down to test the general snooziness of the performance.

"Ah, yes. I think if I lay here much longer, the snoozy atmosphere would put me to sleep."

"Okay! I've made my decision!"

The winner of the Synchronized Snoozing Competition is:

The Hazel Run Pack!!!!!!

Setters everywhere go wild!!!

Celebrations continued into the night. :dog:

the end

hazelrunpack
January 7th, 2009, 03:59 PM
:laughing::laughing:What a life you must have with these guys:lovestruck:
You are very,very talented:grouphug:

*sigh* Thanks, chico, but I'm afraid this comes under the classification of "Hazel needs to get a Life" :o

Glad you enjoyed the Olympics, though! :D

Frenchy
January 7th, 2009, 04:01 PM
"Brier?"

"Yes, Ms Macie?"

:laughing: they all crack me up Hazel , your captions are right on ! :thumbs up Poor Brier , still didn't win any prize , he must be so sad :sad:

hazelrunpack
January 7th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Ah *****, I cracked up reading that last picture bits - too funny!! They look like they said exactly that, Macie listening and then disqualifies him!! LOL!! Poor Brier!!

Oh my gosh... I just nearly spewed Hot cocoa all over the computer screen with last picture:laughing::laughing:...Poor Poor Brier...

No sympathy for the young upstart! He was a real pest today! The Sheriff had to take him down twice. :eek: Luckily, Brier takes correction from the Sheriff pretty well. :D

Frenchy
January 7th, 2009, 04:03 PM
One the first sleeping pic Hazel , who are the 2 on the same bed ? They're making a heart form !!! :cloud9: :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
January 7th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Brier shared the Group Gold for the Synchronized Snoozing competition :thumbs up so all is good. :dog:

hazelrunpack
January 7th, 2009, 04:05 PM
One the first sleeping pic Hazel , who are the 2 on the same bed ? They're making a heart form !!! :cloud9: :lovestruck:

That's our Champion Snuggler, Lady (in Waiting) Ridge on the left and Princess Lil Belle on the right. :D

Frenchy
January 7th, 2009, 04:07 PM
That's our Champion Snuggler, Lady (in Waiting) Ridge on the left and Princess Lil Belle on the right. :D

Of course they're the champion snugglers :cloud9: they're too cute together !

I'm glad Brier for a piece of the gold :thumbs up

rainbow
January 7th, 2009, 06:15 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: ROTFLMAO

Since I was MIA since last Friday I've missed commenting on all the Day's Events and there are so many great pics to go along with the very entertaining story. :highfive:

I really do love the Synchronized Snoozing pics best though :lovestruck: and the last one of Cass with her head on the rocker is a winner for sure. :cloud9:

Wonderful!!! Disney, Pixar, move on over, Hazelrunpack wins the story of the year :goodvibes: :thumbs up.

Omd, can you imagine a movie starring the pack :goodvibes: :crazy:. Never mind publishers, HRP, I think you ought to be sending some of this stuff to directors in Hollywood :thumbs up.

I couldn't agree more. :thumbs up

Mat&Murph
January 7th, 2009, 06:23 PM
LOL :laughing: I nearly cried I was laughing so hard!! Awsome event Hazel and you tell it soo well. The boys might have to come down next year. LOL

hazelrunpack
January 7th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Aw, gee, :thankyou: for the kind comments. :o

I was trying to get pics of the peeing competition--we had a great Synchronized Peeing event today (we'll have a bare spot in the grass come spring, I'm sure) but it's so hard to get good pee shots... :o

Maybe next time :p

breeze
January 7th, 2009, 07:57 PM
love the Olympics!!

love the pictures of "Brier" and "Ms Macie

that one was the right moment at the right time picture?? just perfect :thumbs up..

I'm glad Brier is sharing the gold, :highfive:

hazelrunpack
January 7th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks, breeze. I'm looking forward to a quiet day tomorrow...no events, no crowds, no chaos. :cloud9:

Okay, so 2 out of 3 isn't too bad...and a little chaos never hurt anyone, did it? :laughing:

breeze
January 7th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks, breeze. I'm looking forward to a quiet day tomorrow...no events, no crowds, no chaos. :cloud9:

Okay, so 2 out of 3 isn't too bad...and a little chaos never hurt anyone, did it? :laughing:

little being the key word.. no it does hurt... other wise without a LITTLE chaos we would be wondering whats wrong..:D

hazelrunpack
January 7th, 2009, 08:34 PM
That's true--if they're too quiet, it means I have to invest in another 500 ct bottle of doxycycline! :laughing:

:eek: What am I laughing for?! :eek: We just ordered one... :o

breeze
January 7th, 2009, 08:36 PM
That's true--if they're too quiet, it means I have to invest in another 500 ct bottle of doxycycline! :laughing:

:sad::grouphug::o

growler~GateKeeper
January 7th, 2009, 09:41 PM

:laughing: Love It! :highfive: :laughing:

The last pic is a great one of Ember :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
January 7th, 2009, 09:47 PM
I thought you might like Ember's shots, growler :o

otter
January 7th, 2009, 09:47 PM

Multiple dogs + Quiet = TROUBLE ... unless amidst a synchronized snooozing event :laughing: Such has been our experience anyways (it's amazing how quiet mass destruction can be, yet chaos is soooooooooo noisy, really, what is the difference :shrug:)

Hazel, your stories have brought me gales of laughter once again :cloud9:.

I just can't wait to bring the Cuz army to Hazel Run someday... the army has almost recruited enough members to take on the pack although personally I think they are going to need alot more reinforcements, they're up against Olympians after all ;)

Now, I think you need to start looking at broadcasting rights to pack events, once the media catches on you're gonna be flooded with appearance requests, etc. Here's your chance to get that pack bus you've always dreamed of... get a snazzy deal with one of the networks (someone who's channels pets.ca members can all get, of course)

hazelrunpack
January 7th, 2009, 09:53 PM
It'll have to be NBC, ABC or CBS, then cuz those are the only three channels hazel can get! :laughing:

Alas, by the time the media catches on, hazel will be about 100 and no longer able to drive a bus :rolleyes:

growler~GateKeeper
January 7th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I thought you might like Ember's shots, growler :o

I did :lovestruck: especially since we don't see the handsome King nearly enough :yell::D

hazelrunpack
January 7th, 2009, 09:58 PM
:whistle: *sound of madame hazel scuffing her toe in the dirt* :o I know, I know...maybe later...

Not till after I get the newsletter out, though. It's almost a month overdue! :eek:

hazelrunpack
January 7th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Oh...and did you notice how much better his eyelid is looking these days? :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
January 7th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Yes :highfive: but we'll need some nice close-ups & face shots to be sure it's healing properly & fading :D

otter
January 7th, 2009, 10:05 PM
It'll have to be NBC, ABC or CBS, then cuz those are the only three channels hazel can get! :laughing:

No problem, they gotta be the ones with the big bucks, they can, after all, afford to "give" their broadcasts away (not like all those greedy cable stations :evil:)

Alas, by the time the media catches on, hazel will be about 100 and no longer able to drive a bus :rolleyes:
I'm sure they will provide a chauffeur as well, can't have the caregiver to the stars driving the bus... you'll need to be available to tend to the packs "needs", cookies, pedicures, tummy rubs, slobber wrangling...

OMG with the winter games, summer games, Christmas special, Easter special, Thanksgiving special, Halloween special, special for special guests, Trip to the vet specials.... you might as well have a weekly show, or maybe a daily show :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
January 7th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Yes :highfive: but we'll need some nice close-ups & face shots to be sure it's healing properly & fading :D

madame hazel is making a note... :o

OMG with the winter games, summer games, Christmas special, Easter special, Thanksgiving special, Halloween special, special for special guests, Trip to the vet specials.... you might as well have a weekly show, or maybe a daily show :thumbs up

:laughing: You crack me up! :D

The 'Trip to the Vet' specials alone will already require a weekly show! So I think we'll have to run it like a soap opera and make it a 5-day-a-week production! :laugh:

otter
January 7th, 2009, 10:14 PM
The 'Trip to the Vet' specials alone will already require a weekly show! So I think we'll have to run it like a soap opera and make it a 5-day-a-week production! :laugh:
A SOAP OPERA would be brilliant :thumbs up:thumbs up (I was thinking along those lines but when I came up with the term "soap opera" in my head it seemed all wrong - Soap opera to describe a TV series, couldn't be, I must be mixed up I thought :shrug: guess not :laughing: Gonna have to go look up the origin of the term soap opera now :D)

How oh how to I always manage to get so :offtopic::shrug:

growler~GateKeeper
January 7th, 2009, 10:22 PM
madame hazel is making a note... :o

Isn't she the one with the faulty memory? :rolleyes: :p

hazelrunpack
January 7th, 2009, 10:29 PM
How oh how to I always manage to get so :offtopic::shrug:

hazel's influence :laughing: If erykah hadn't invented the TJT right after hazel joined the board, hazel would have had to invent one! :laugh:

Isn't she the one with the faulty memory? :rolleyes: :p

Hence the note--it's a post-it note stuck to the top of her crystal ball where she can't miss it. Unless, of course, she has to send the crystal ball back into the shop for repairs and forgets to take the note off. :o

otter
January 7th, 2009, 10:41 PM
hazel's influence :laughing: If erykah hadn't invented the TJT right after hazel joined the board, hazel would have had to invent one! :laugh:

Oh My :eek: there was no TJT when I joined... and I wasn't banned :thumbs up
and i've been here longer than you Hazel... unbelievable. I'm obviously not nearly so dedicated as you HRP .. insert bowing to you smiley here :D

Darn :offtopic: again :frustrated:

rainbow
January 7th, 2009, 11:23 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You guys are cracking me up here. :laughing:

And, if you're going to do the Olympics, don't forget they're in Whistler/Vanocuver in 2010, so you must make a stop here first. :D

TeriM
January 8th, 2009, 02:55 AM
OMG, I snuck on earlier when I was at a clients and peeked in at this thread. I totally burst out laughing at the Macie/Brier disqualification exchange :laughing::laughing::laughing:. Awesome pics and story telling Hazel, they totally brightened my day (even if client thought I was a bit loony laughing at the accounting work :o).

hazelrunpack
January 8th, 2009, 10:20 AM
And, if you're going to do the Olympics, don't forget they're in Whistler/Vanocuver in 2010, so you must make a stop here first. :D

Oooo...must make another note! A year to train! :thumbs up

OMG, I snuck on earlier when I was at a clients and peeked in at this thread. I totally burst out laughing at the Macie/Brier disqualification exchange :laughing::laughing::laughing:. Awesome pics and story telling Hazel, they totally brightened my day (even if client thought I was a bit loony laughing at the accounting work :o).

The Pack loves accounting. Given the chance, they'd shred the books any day of the week. :rolleyes: :laughing:

So how did you explain it to the client? You could give them a heart attack, you know--breaking out giggling while looking at their books! :p

angeldogs
January 8th, 2009, 09:57 PM
:laughing:Loved the winter olympics.so whats next on the Hazel Run agenda.?
maybe some setter wrestling.

Great pics and story.always entertaining.:thumbs up

rainbow
January 8th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Btw, how come Cerberus and Sally didn't get to watch the Olympics? :sad:

hazelrunpack
January 8th, 2009, 11:06 PM
:laughing:Loved the winter olympics.so whats next on the Hazel Run agenda.?

I was hoping for a vacation. :laughing:

Btw, how come Cerberus and Sally didn't get to watch the Olympics? :sad:

ummmm...would you believe they were watching from the mudroom window? :o

So I suppose this means my vacation is postponed again? :frustrated: :p

angeldogs
January 8th, 2009, 11:14 PM
What vacation..:laughing:the winter fun and olympics just got started.

You'll have to wait till March break now for the vacation.:D

rainbow
January 8th, 2009, 11:21 PM
LOL....welcome to my team, angeldogs. :thumbs up

Cerberus......wake up Sally - you two are going to the Olympics. :highfive:

angeldogs
January 8th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Alright on the rainbow team:thumbs up.we olympic fans have to stick together.:D

hazelrunpack
January 8th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Geez....you guys are relentless! :frustrated:

Well...I'll see what I can do. But I have to finish the newsletters first, k?

Remind me in a week or so... :o

rainbow
January 8th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Alright on the rainbow team:thumbs up.we olympic fans have to stick together.:D

You betcha :highfive: :D

Geez....you guys are relentless! :frustrated:

Well...I'll see what I can do. But I have to finish the newsletters first, k?

Remind me in a week or so... :o

Of course, do the newsletter first since it's a tad bit overdue as well. :laughing:

Would you like the "Cerberus & Sally Go to the Olympics" reminder here or in the TJT? :D

angeldogs
January 8th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Put the reminder in both so she can see they and then she can't say she wasn't reminded.

rainbow
January 9th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Put the reminder in both so she can see they and then she can't say she wasn't reminded.

Hazel blames her faulty memory on Madame Hazel who in turn blames it on her crystal ball not working properly and then sometimes TDFO has to step in to straighten them all out. :laughing:

We can start bugging the whole lot of them in another week or so. :D

angeldogs
January 9th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Hazel blames her faulty memory on Madame Hazel who in turn blames it on her crystal ball not working properly and then sometimes TDFO has to step in to straighten them all out. :laughing:

We can start bugging the whole lot of them in another week or so. :D

:laughing:Works for me.there will be no excuse for Madame Hazel to blame the crystal ball if we all get her a new one.

And with Hazel we will just have to find something to fix her faulty memory.

rainbow
January 9th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Here's Madame Hazel's new crystal ball ....http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/crystalball.gif

rainbow
January 9th, 2009, 12:49 AM
And, maybe this will fix Hazel's memory ..... http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/poke.gif

angeldogs
January 9th, 2009, 06:48 AM
:laughing::laughing:If it doesn't fix her memory it just might poke an eye out.:laughing:atleast she has a new crystal.

hazelrunpack
January 9th, 2009, 10:11 AM
:laughing:Works for me.there will be no excuse for Madame Hazel to blame the crystal ball if we all get her a new one.

And with Hazel we will just have to find something to fix her faulty memory.

Coffee. Lots of coffee... Large dark chocolate javakulas (no whipped cream, though, cuz TDFO is watching her waists).... :cloud9:

Here's Madame Hazel's new crystal ball ....http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/crystalball.gif

Aw, :thankyou:, rainbow! It's beautiful.

But I'd rather have dark chocolate javakulas... :p

hazelrunpack
January 9th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Oh, and if yer gonna poke out our eyes, madame hazel will need a talking crystal ball! :laughing:

angeldogs
January 9th, 2009, 10:15 AM
:laughing:Coffee with or without IV Drip.for the all day memory help.:D

Love4himies
January 9th, 2009, 10:35 AM
I LOVE the winter olympics :cloud9: :lovestruck:. You are an absolute genius, Hazel.

My favourite was Brier getting disqualified, their expressions are perfect for the captions :laughing: :laughing:

hazelrunpack
January 9th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Ooooo...much as madame hazel hates needles, that IV drip has a certain attraction to it! :laughing:

omg, if I'm addicted now, can you imagine what a 24/7 IV drip of caffeine would do to us? :eek:

:cloud9:

:laugh:

angeldogs
January 9th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Ooooo...much as madame hazel hates needles, that IV drip has a certain attraction to it! :laughing:

omg, if I'm addicted now, can you imagine what a 24/7 IV drip of caffeine would do to us? :eek:

:cloud9:

:laugh:

Just think what it would do for us here at Pets.ca.Hazel caffeine rush,Hazel and Madame Hazel keeping up with the pack better and long.in turn more pics,more action adventure all = entertainment for us.:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
January 9th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Would you come visit me in the loony bin when all that caffeine and sleep deprivation catches up to me? :p

Actually, I had trouble falling asleep last night because madame hazel's overactive imagination was keeping us up with events for Sally and Cerberus. :rolleyes: :laughing:

rainbow
January 9th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Oh, and if yer gonna poke out our eyes, madame hazel will need a talking crystal ball! :laughing:

OH NO, we'd never poke an eye out .......the jabbing is only going to Madame Hazel's left temple. :D

But I'd rather have dark chocolate javakulas... :p

ta-daaa ....

rainbow
January 9th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Actually, I had trouble falling asleep last night because madame hazel's overactive imagination was keeping us up with events for Sally and Cerberus. :rolleyes: :laughing:

WOO HOO .......it should be a good one then. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
January 9th, 2009, 02:25 PM
I LOVE the winter olympics :cloud9: :lovestruck:. You are an absolute genius, Hazel.

My favourite was Brier getting disqualified, their expressions are perfect for the captions :laughing: :laughing:

Aw, thanks, L4H. I was so drooling over the idea of the IV drip that I almost missed your post. :o

ta-daaa ....

http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/6.gif omg, rainbow!!! I can almost taste it! http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/6.gif

growler~GateKeeper
January 9th, 2009, 10:36 PM
:laughing:Coffee with or without IV Drip.for the all day memory help.:D

I can supply the drip lines :laughing:

hazelrunpack
January 9th, 2009, 10:51 PM
I can supply the drip lines :laughing:

Awwww....Duffy would share....with hazel? :flirt: She's such a good kitty. :cloud9:

angeldogs
January 9th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Would you come visit me in the loony bin when all that caffeine and sleep deprivation catches up to me? :p

Oh ya we would come up with a way to get down there.only fair seeing your suppling the entertainment.i'm only suppying the gowl.rainbow is suppying the dark chocolate javakulas,and gowler is willing to suppy the drip lines.i think it's the least i or we could do.is visit Hazel or Madame Hazel which ever one is around at the time when i or we make our visit to the nut barn.

rainbow
January 9th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Well you guys will have to muzzle me if I go to visit otherwise I'm afraid they might keep me there too. :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
January 10th, 2009, 12:22 AM
pffft you two :rolleyes: :laughing: I'd stay willingly :cloud9: set me & Duffy up in the Kennel Building, we'll rotate dogs in & out for extra warms & snuggles :cloud9: :lovestruck:

rainbow
January 10th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Geeze, I didn't realize the looney bin they were referring to was the Hazelrun Kennel. :eek:

If that's the case then move over cuz I'm moving in. :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
January 10th, 2009, 12:38 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I totally missed Hazel's looney bin comment :loser: I thought angeldogs meant visit her @ Hazel Run :laughing:

:crazy: maybe it's better that it is the looney bin I/we're going to :crazy:

Tundra_Queen
January 10th, 2009, 01:37 AM
Aw, gee, :thankyou: for the kind comments. :o

I was trying to get pics of the peeing competition--we had a great Synchronized Peeing event today (we'll have a bare spot in the grass come spring, I'm sure) but it's so hard to get good pee shots... :o

Maybe next time :p

sychnozied peeing event? LMBO That one I'd like to see! LOLOL

And they're OFF!!!!

Around the trees, up hill and down...as hard as Brier tries to corner Belle, she eludes him and counterattacks.
Even when all the rest of the competitors join in, Princess Lil Belle still manages to hold everyone off!

Chaos points are being earned right and left, but none of them are going Brier's way.

Hazzel why is it I hear Howard Cosell's voice coming outta you when I'm reading this? :laughing::laughing:

Debbie

rainbow
January 10th, 2009, 01:43 AM
Hazzel why is it I hear Howard Cosell's voice coming outta you when I'm reading this? :laughing::laughing:

Debbie

Ummm....that could quite possibly be a new personality trying to emerge. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
January 10th, 2009, 08:43 AM

Ummm....that could quite possibly be a new personality trying to emerge. :laughing:

Oh, good Dawg! :eek: I sincerely hope not!! Howard Cosell was a nice guy but his voice used to drive me batty(er) :crazy:

rainbow
January 11th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Oh thank goodness....I'm so relieved to hear that Mr. Cosell is not trying to reincarnate himself into one of Hazel's personalities otherwise madame rainbow would have had to channel in Don Cherry. :rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
January 11th, 2009, 09:40 AM
:o

Psssstttt...rainbow....who's Don Cherry? :o

hazel doesn't get out much... :o

rainbow
January 11th, 2009, 01:51 PM
:o

Psssstttt...rainbow....who's Don Cherry? :o

hazel doesn't get out much... :o

If you don't watch hockey games then you won't know him. He is the very outspoken commentator on Coaches Corner who wears very flambuoyant clothing. :D

rainbow
January 11th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Here's some pics in case you've seen him on the news as he is quite well known ...

hazelrunpack
January 11th, 2009, 02:00 PM
How flambuoyant? :D That's so not us so I'm glad madame rainbow would have to be the one that channels him. :laughing:

I don't recall ever seeing a hockey game on TV other than at the Olympics. Our local stations don't seem to carry them. :shrug:

hazelrunpack
January 11th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I like his little buddy! :dog: :laughing: Ooooo...a rainbow plaid on the right, there!

rainbow
January 11th, 2009, 02:14 PM
I like his little buddy! :dog: :laughing: Ooooo...a rainbow plaid on the right, there!

I shouldn't have any problems trying to channel him in then. :laughing:

His little buddy is named Blue and she is often seen with him and is just as well known. They even have their own pet insurance company. :rolleyes:

http://www.cherryblue.ca/

chico2
January 11th, 2009, 03:30 PM
rainbow,was Cherry not the coach for Boston Bruins at one time,but that could be before you were born:laughing:
Personally I do not really like him,he's a bigot and a loudmouth,but he does love his dog,even was helping to stop BSL,so he must have good qualities.
Also,he really loved his wife Rose:rip:

otter
January 11th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Me thinks I took a wrong turn somewhere... weren't we talking about HRP Olympics :D:laughing::crazy:

(I just couldn't resist :laughing::laughing:)

Frenchy
January 11th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Me thinks I took a wrong turn somewhere... weren't we talking about HRP Olympics :D:laughing::crazy:

(I just couldn't resist :laughing::laughing:)

Yes but how cool would it be if we could get Don Cherry to comment on the next HRP Olympics ? :D

hazelrunpack
January 11th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Yes but how cool would it be if we could get Don Cherry to comment on the next HRP Olympics ? :D
Works for me! :thumbs up But only if he brings Blue. :D

otter
January 11th, 2009, 04:01 PM

:thumbs up

I bet if we get that network coverage we were looking for he'd be there! or maybe we get Cherries first and that'll guarantee us network time :D

:cool::cool::cool:

Frenchy
January 11th, 2009, 04:15 PM
or maybe we get Cherries first and that'll guarantee us network time :D

:cool::cool::cool:

And Hazel could write her book (finally) and have infomercials in between competitions to sell them ! :thumbs up

we could call it "the setters network" !

hazelrunpack
January 11th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Think either the networks or this Cherry guy will want to come out to the boonies of WI? :laughing:

rainbow
January 11th, 2009, 05:31 PM
rainbow,was Cherry not the coach for Boston Bruins at one time,but that could be before you were born:laughing:
Personally I do not really like him,he's a bigot and a loudmouth,but he does love his dog,even was helping to stop BSL,so he must have good qualities.
Also,he really loved his wife Rose:rip:

LOL, Chico....you keep forgetting that I'm almost as old as you .......I will be 61 this March. :D

Yes, he used to coach the Bruins and before that was a hockey player (I think he even played for the Bruins). He has also coached Team Canada and another hockey team but didn't last long there.

I think his TV appearances on Coaches Corner are all show and actually alot of the comments he makes are true. He is probably a really nice guy ....he must be since Rose and Blue were the most important part of his life.

rainbow
January 11th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Here's everything you wanted to know about Don Cherry :D ......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Cherry_(ice_hockey)

rainbow
January 11th, 2009, 05:39 PM
:sorry:

Btw, I'm sorry for hijacking your thread, Hazel, so will put it back on track by saying I still am looking forward to the adventures of Cerberus and Sally going to the Olympics. :D :goodvibes:

angeldogs
January 11th, 2009, 06:39 PM

I heard a few years back Blue went to the rainbow bridge and with the bsl laws he wasn't able to get another.i don't know if thats true or not.maybe some else will know for sure.

hazelrunpack
January 18th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I still am looking forward to the adventures of Cerberus and Sally going to the Olympics. :D :goodvibes:

angeldogs, I've put the foster Olympics in the continuing adventures of the "New Foster at Hazel Run..." thread here (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57565&page=10). Starts at post 278.

And rainbow, when the men-in-white-coats come lookin' for me, I'm going to point them here so they see it wasn't entirely all my :crazy:ness this time. :laughing: I would have remained perfectly sane (:angel:) if you hadn't made the suggestion... :p

rainbow
January 18th, 2009, 12:23 PM
And rainbow, when the men-in-white-coats come lookin' for me, I'm going to point them here so they see it wasn't entirely all my :crazy:ness this time. :laughing: I would have remained perfectly sane (:angel:) if you hadn't made the suggestion... :p

Ummmmm.....somehow I don't quite believe that. :laughing:

But I'm sure glad I asked for a "Cerberus & Sally at the Olympics" story cuz it was one of your best. :highfive:

We absolutely have to find a way to get your story telling talent noticed. :fingerscr :goodvibes: