Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Enjoying the Day with -30c with wind

breeze
January 1st, 2009, 02:35 PM
-30 with the wind today but the doggies were getting restless inside the house..
We braved the cold and headed for the park, they did not notice the cold at all, but we were very happy the sun was shinning bright..

breeze
January 1st, 2009, 02:37 PM
even though they weren't tired we wanted to rest. they waited patiently to continue our walk in the woods

diandpat
January 1st, 2009, 02:38 PM
Beautiful pics and it is a beautiful day too. We just came back from the woods ourselves.

I can't get over how quickly Archer is growing. :eek:

Of course, Bree is just beautiful :lovestruck:

Happy New Year. Glad you had a nice day :thumbs up

breeze
January 1st, 2009, 02:41 PM
Beautiful pics and it is a beautiful day too. We just came back from the woods ourselves.

I can't get over how quickly Archer is growing. :eek:

Of course, Bree is just beautiful :lovestruck:

Happy New Year. Glad you had a nice day :thumbs up

thank you diandpat, it WAS a beautiful day, a little cold on the face though..
Arch is growing like a bad weed..lol lol catching up to Bree very fast these days.

and Happy New Year to you :thumbs up
p.s. where is your pictures hummmmmmm:D

BenMax
January 1st, 2009, 02:43 PM
Lovely pictures Breeze. Your pup sure is growing quick.:cloud9:

breeze
January 1st, 2009, 02:47 PM
Are we ready to move on yet, Bree ask's??
Soon Bree soon, with Archie not a care in the world watching the world go by..

rainbow
January 1st, 2009, 02:47 PM
:eek: BRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr :eek:

I love the third pic of them sitting together. :cloud9:

Archer is sure growing up and Bree looks so regal in the second. :lovestruck:

breeze
January 1st, 2009, 02:49 PM
Lovely pictures Breeze. Your pup sure is growing quick.:cloud9:

I've had to teach him how to jump up into the car, cause he is getting to heavy to be picked up..:laughing: I just have to remember not to get them both to do that at the same time:laughing:

breeze
January 1st, 2009, 02:51 PM
:eek: BRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr :eek:

I love the third pic of them sitting together. :cloud9:

Archer is sure growing up and Bree looks so regal in the second. :lovestruck:

thanks rainbow, :cloud9: to warm up your hands just burry them in their fur.(especialy in their neck fur) :thumbs up instant hot paws :D

ancientgirl
January 1st, 2009, 03:09 PM
They look fantastic sitting there. All I can think of though is how cold their butts must be.:laughing:

breeze
January 1st, 2009, 03:11 PM
They look fantastic sitting there. All I can think of though is how cold their butts must be.:laughing:

:laughing::laughing: with the furry butts they have....I don't think the cold can get though it..:laughing:

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2009, 04:30 PM
Steamy breaths :cloud9: They sure do look comfy even if it was cold. Ahhhh....the advantages of those fur coats! :D

Archer is almost as big as Bree now! Do you think she's noticed yet? Or does she still treat him like a goof-ball puppy? :laughing:

Lukka'sma
January 1st, 2009, 04:33 PM
Fantastic weather for a walk in the woods:thumbs up, and the look on their faces says they are loving it

Lukka'sma
January 1st, 2009, 04:58 PM
I must really be out of the loop, didn't even know you had a new pup. When did you get the Leonberger? He's gorgeous by the way.

otter
January 1st, 2009, 05:02 PM
What a wonderful walk in the woods :thumbs up With Bree and Archer for company I think it must be wonderful to be anywhere :lovestruck:

Do the woods make the -30 a little more bearable?? I find the woods so cozy when it's all blustery out :goodvibes:

breeze
January 1st, 2009, 05:05 PM
Steamy breaths :cloud9: They sure do look comfy even if it was cold. Ahhhh....the advantages of those fur coats! :D

Archer is almost as big as Bree now! Do you think she's noticed yet? Or does she still treat him like a goof-ball puppy? :laughing:

Bree still puts him in his place except when he hip checks her :laughing: then she looks at him as if what did you do that for..
she's realizing that he can pull her around when they have a tug toy.. but her bark is louder than his:D and when she barks he hit the ground then whines..:laughing:

I must really be out of the loop, didn't even know you had a new pup. When did you get the Leonberger? He's gorgeous by the way.

We got him benging of Sept. he is 6 months old now, weights almost as much as bree......still has a lot of growing to do...thank you... he is a real mush.:cloud9:

breeze
January 1st, 2009, 05:08 PM
What a wonderful walk in the woods :thumbs up With Bree and Archer for company I think it must be wonderful to be anywhere :lovestruck:

Do the woods make the -30 a little more bearable?? I find the woods so cozy when it's all blustery out :goodvibes:

they were so happy to be out of the house :laughing:
a little, just our face was cold.. we dressed warm and when we rested archie sat on me (my legs and bree right beside mike..:cloud9: a sandwich.. toasty warm.:cloud9:

Chris21711
January 1st, 2009, 05:11 PM
Archer is sure getting big Breeze, growing like a weed :lovestruck:

Bree is just beautiful, I just love her colouring :cloud9:

glasslass
January 1st, 2009, 05:12 PM
I can't even imagine -30! I'm just amazed how comfortable they look in the cold. My two would be complaining big time. When the temp gets below 65F in the house, mine start wanting under the covers! I notice the ice crystals, or snow, around Bree's mouth. The two sitting together waiting anxiously for you to go is my favorite.

breeze
January 1st, 2009, 05:19 PM
I can't even imagine -30! I'm just amazed how comfortable they look in the cold. My two would be complaining big time. When the temp gets below 65F in the house, mine start wanting under the covers! I notice the ice crystals, or snow, around Bree's mouth. The two sitting together waiting anxiously for you to go is my favorite.

they were sitting together and archie was trying to lick the ice off of Bree's mouth :laughing: she wanted nothing to do with that..:laughing:

I try and keep the house a little cooler for them.. around 20c and even that they are too warm

breeze
January 1st, 2009, 05:22 PM
Archer is sure getting big Breeze, growing like a weed :lovestruck:

Bree is just beautiful, I just love her colouring :cloud9:

I was reading up on Archer's growth, a lot of information says that he will continue to grow until he is 3 years old..:eek::cloud9::lovestruck:

Bree is much healthier since I brought Arch home :lovestruck::cloud9:

Chris21711
January 1st, 2009, 05:33 PM
I was reading up on Archer's growth, a lot of information says that he will continue to grow until he is 3 years old..:eek::cloud9::lovestruck:

When you say healthier, in which way? I know you said that her appetite had improved and that she was putting a bit of weight on.

breeze
January 1st, 2009, 05:38 PM
When you say healthier, in which way? I know you said that her appetite had improved and that she was putting a bit of weight on.

over all health,
gaining the weight instead of lossing it. muscles look and feel stronger, not so bony now. cause she is eating better (competition with arch) her coat is much thicker..:cloud9:

Chaser
January 1st, 2009, 05:49 PM
Archer is huge!!! :eek:

They both look absolutely gorgeous :cloud9:

Chris21711
January 1st, 2009, 05:55 PM
over all health,
gaining the weight instead of lossing it. muscles look and feel stronger, not so bony now. cause she is eating better (competition with arch) her coat is much thicker..:cloud9:

That's real good to hear Breeze :thumbs up

breeze
January 1st, 2009, 05:55 PM
Archer is huge!!! :eek:

They both look absolutely gorgeous :cloud9:

thank you.....

breeze
January 1st, 2009, 05:57 PM
That's real good to hear Breeze :thumbs up

her face muzzel still seems a little sensitive when I touch, and maybe a bit swollen..since the reaction just don't know if that will ever go away..:shrug:

angeldogs
January 1st, 2009, 10:29 PM
They look like they were nice and calm sitting there enjoying the scenery.

growler~GateKeeper
January 1st, 2009, 11:59 PM
Those 2 sure make a striking pair :lovestruck: :lovestruck: beautiful pics :cloud9:

Glad to hear Bree's health has turned around :grouphug:

Tundra_Queen
January 2nd, 2009, 12:16 AM

What kind of dog is Archer?

Debbie

growler~GateKeeper
January 2nd, 2009, 12:34 AM
What kind of dog is Archer?

Archer :lovestruck: is a Leonberger (http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/leonberger.htm)

Lukka'sma
January 2nd, 2009, 12:54 PM

Archie will continue to grow until he's 3, that is very true breeze. These large/giant breeds grow at a slow rate even though the first few months it seems like they double in size every 2 months or so. Just remember with these dogs they are still puppies in their mind's even at the age of 2 to 3.

breeze
January 2nd, 2009, 06:41 PM
Archer :lovestruck: is a Leonberger (http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/leonberger.htm)

thank you growler :thumbs up he is indead a leo :cloud9::cloud9:

Archie will continue to grow until he's 3, that is very true breeze. These large/giant breeds grow at a slow rate even though the first few months it seems like they double in size every 2 months or so. Just remember with these dogs they are still puppies in their mind's even at the age of 2 to 3.

He is so passive and listens very well lukka'sma that sometimes I forget he is still a puppy :laughing:
:cloud9::cloud9:

Tundra_Queen
January 2nd, 2009, 07:08 PM

Thank you. I've never heard of them before.

breeze
January 2nd, 2009, 07:12 PM
Thank you. I've never heard of them before.

they are a rare breed but they are becoming more popular.. they are very gentle giants,

14+kitties
January 2nd, 2009, 10:19 PM
Nice pics! Little too cold for me. I much prefer warmth. But Bree and Archer don't seem to mind a bit. :cloud9: