Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dogtown

allymack
January 1st, 2009, 03:05 PM
Such a great show. Very sad at times but they are doing great work. its on on natiional geographic untill around 5 am tomorrow, so check it out if you can.

It is like a rescue for dogs, on a 33,000 acre piece of land. There is different sections for the dogs. One for elderly dogs (8 years and up, usually, or dogs that have trouble seeing hearing, morving around, since the older dogs are calmer and less aggressive) one where they keep most of the dogs, and one for puppies ( only certain people are allowed in here, they cant go around the otehr dogs, to make sure no illness''s get passed to the uppies) they have the nicest pet cemetary ever. there is a big fountain in the middle and lots of wind chimes. The whole place is fenced in with many fences all through out so the dogs are safe from everything. The dogs have a big room, with a connecting doggy door that goes to a big outside run. They have a big vet practice, a grooming room, everything you would need for a dog rescue. They also go to a reserve quite often to collect abandoned dogs, spay and neuter them, adopt them out, take in dogs from shelters. They also have an amazing trainers there who have lots of patience to work with them. The vets have no limit on what they can dog to help the dogs health.

just thought i would pop in to let you guys know about it. it can be quite sad at time though.

rainbow
January 1st, 2009, 03:11 PM
Although I don't get that channel :sad: it sounds like a great show. :thumbs up

Melanie1010 posted about it here....

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=59518

allymack
January 1st, 2009, 03:13 PM
oh! my mistake! sorry.:o

rainbow
January 1st, 2009, 03:17 PM
No need to be sorry.....I think you posted it in a more appropriate forum. :D

Melanie1010
January 1st, 2009, 03:29 PM
Oops! Sorry if i posted mine in the wrong spot, Im still new to posting new threads... if a Mod wants to move my post to the right place, or we can continue in this one if this is the appropriate forum! Sorry about that!
Wow I dont know how it ended up in the Food section!! I was really off!

rainbow
January 1st, 2009, 03:40 PM
LOL...one of the mods will likely merge the two threads when they notice. :D

ancientgirl
January 1st, 2009, 03:56 PM
I've seen the show, and it's wonderful. There are times when I just have to change the channel, because it's hard to watch. They do such great work. They also have a section for cats and birds as well. I wish I could work in a place like that.

allymack
January 1st, 2009, 04:06 PM
oh cool, i didnt kbow they had a cat and bird section also. i wish i could work in a place like that too, or maybe run one :D:cloud9:

ancientgirl
January 1st, 2009, 04:13 PM
Oh yeah, I think they are called Cat town and Bird Town. I saw an episode once, where they had taken a dog to each to see if he could get alone with cats and birds, because some potential adopters had both. :D

MommaKat
January 1st, 2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks for telling us about it ladies (Ally AND Mel :laughing: )I teared up at watching a few trailers for it but I will watch it through . I think it's amazing what they do .

Luvmypitgirls
January 3rd, 2009, 11:47 AM
Dogtown is an awesome show. It is probably the best facility I have ever seen!
Plus they took in 22 of Mike Vick's dogs and have had a lot of success with their rehabilitation.
If I ever go to the US again I definately want to go there.
The people there are true angels, God bless em!

Shaykeija
January 6th, 2009, 02:52 AM
I watched dog town the other night. It was with the Vic dogs. They had a bait dog that was so scared they had to carry it everywhere. Scared silly of humans but liked other dogs...Then they had a "champion fighter" female. All her teeth were pulled out. The vet was in tears...She loves people. Stupid sick f$$$$. I hope some one really put a beating on him in jail...

ancientgirl
January 6th, 2009, 08:41 AM
I saw that one too. It's disgusting beyond belief. People that have part in those kinds of things should be strung up by the short hairs and more!