Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Far be it for her to ruin her manicure...

Cactus Flower
July 28th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Well we took Raja on her first camping trip and she absolutely hated it.
I should have known! She doesn't want to be outside for more than it takes to relieve herself. What was I thinking???
I guess I hoped that being in the great outdoors would awaken some primal glee in her........not so. She persistantly tried to jump back into the Jeep, asking to go home. She would have spent all of her time inside the tent, pouting on my pillow, had I not eventually kept the tent zipped. Then she just whined and groaned and voiced her discomfort. Did she swim? Nope. Run around in the dirt? Nope. Go off hunting wabbits? Nope. Would she eat? Nope. She sat in the weeds and pouted.

When we crawled into the tent at night, she joined us and groaaaaaaaned as she turned in circles. Huffed and groaaaaaaaned as she tried to get comfortable, pulling great amounts of the sleeping bag underneath her to try to create the cushy beds she has at home. Grumble groan, repeat cycle. Eventually she settled in with an indignant huff.
In the morning, out of the tent and straight to the Jeep again!
Ah well, as I said- I should have known!
She's so happy to be back home and in her own bed, surrounded by pillows and toys and cooled air.
My son's reaction to all of this was to suggest I look up "spoiled" in the dictionary. Harumph.

Catt31
July 28th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Is that the picture we will find on the page along with the definition to the word "spoiled"???? LOL

What a gorgeous dog!! I can't get over how shiny her coat is - I don't blame her for not wanting to get it dirty!!! :rolleyes:

Keep taking her, eventually she will get the hint that its "ok" to get dirty once in awhile, cuz then you get a bath and treats and a manicure and more treats!!! YUMMM!!!

Cactus Flower
July 29th, 2004, 01:15 AM
Laura, that's a lot of love squeezed into a 13 ft trailer!
I clicked on your link and the page loaded but the photo was an empty box with an "X" in it. Could you possibly post it here?

Thanks for the encouragement.

And you, too Catt31 ! Yes, I've been making it up to her in treats ever since we came home :)

We weren't camping at a campground, just out in the middle of nowhere, free range to the horizon in all directions. Quite a beautiful spot actually, a lake here in the desert, surrounded by mesas.

sammiec
July 29th, 2004, 09:29 AM
LOL, absolutely adorable!!!! She's so gorgeous. I can just picture her poutig becasue she doesn't want to play outside!!! LMAO! :D

glasslass
July 29th, 2004, 09:54 AM
You do have to admit she's got the perfect face for pouting! What a sweetie!

heidiho
July 29th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Cactus Flower have you been to elephant lake??? I was there once,i think that was the name..

Catt31
July 29th, 2004, 12:14 PM
WOW, what a gorgeous lake!!! I would be there every weekend if I had the chance!!! You're very lucky!!! I'm surprised Raja isn't romping in the lake every chance she gets....in time I bet she will!!! :D

Brick has a good pout face too....I'll see if I can find a good pic of it!!!

TalonsMa
July 29th, 2004, 12:23 PM
LOL That is a good pout face Catt :)

jenjen
July 29th, 2004, 12:27 PM
She should be the picture under spoiled. Shes absolutely adorable! ;)

Cactus Flower
July 29th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Heidi- Elephant Butte Lake is south of here by a few hours. Nice spot! Hey, next time you go, keep driving north! I'll make coffee! Would be great to chat without a keyboard :)

Laura- great home page and pics! Thank you for posting! Your little one is growing out of the avatar lol!

Catt31- That is quite a pout! I've wondered for a while now....how did
you come up with that name? Did it have to do with Brick's color? Do tell.

I don't care about hijacking......it's what happens in normal conversation anyway, and this is a pretty loose thread.

Thanks everyone for your comments! I get such warm fuzzies, proud mama. Raja saw her picture on here and I told her "Look! You're famous! People in another country know you!". I feel like I'm getting to know everyone and their pets.....so many personalities. I wish we could all meet in some midway point and have a huge picnic and off-leash fair! :D :D

glasslass
July 29th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Wouldn't that be fun! :)

TalonsMa
July 29th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Cactus Flower, that would be such a great idea :D

Luba
July 29th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Raja is used to being pampered.....you should nickname her Paris / Nicole :p

Catt31
July 30th, 2004, 04:30 PM
I've wondered for a while now....how did
you come up with that name? Did it have to do with Brick's color? Do tell.

We wanted Brick to have a one syllable name and we were driving home from the shelter just shooting off one syllable names. Nothing was working, then my sister called and I was telling her about him, and I said "He is sooo muscular, he is built like a brick ****house"...... I looked at Tim and I screamed, "BRICK"...thats his new name!! Tim liked it too!

When we picked him up the next day, we noticed that his colouring was like a brick as well, and my bro-in-law pointed out that he is "thick like a brick".....etc. etc. etc. The jokes are endless now!!! LOL So ya, basically its the brick ****house physique of his that got him his name!!!! :D

We've gotten sooo many compliments on his name, so I'm very proud and happy that I came up with such a fantabulous name for our baby!!!! :D :D

sammiec
July 30th, 2004, 04:32 PM
That's funny Catt!! Whenever I tell people Briggs' name they think I am saying Bricks!!! LOL!!! :D

Cactus Flower
July 30th, 2004, 04:48 PM
LOL aptly titled! He is a muscular boy!

When I first started browsing this site and looking at everyone's photos, etc., I got Briggs and Brick confused for quite a while- not because of the photos of course but the names. I kept both photos bookmarked so I could reference back to which dog you both were talking about in your posts!
Don't worry, I've got it all straightened out now. :)

glasslass
July 30th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Tell me about it!!! And, they're not even the same gender! :D

Catt31
July 30th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Too funny Cactus!!! My mom got mad at me cuz my oldest bro's name is Rick...so when he was here from Ontario visiting, I'd call the dog, or talk about Brick and she would think I was talking about Rick...it was quite comical actually!! My mom is losing it so it was very easy to trick her...we had fun with it(I know, I'm mean...LOL) :eek:

sammiec
July 30th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Tell me about it!!! And, they're not even the same gender!

When I first started browsing this site and looking at everyone's photos, etc., I got Briggs and Brick confused for quite a while- not because of the photos of course but the names. I kept both photos bookmarked so I could reference back to which dog you both were talking about in your posts!

You two are so funny!!! LMOA :D

wAggie
August 9th, 2004, 12:17 AM
HAHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHHA

sooooooo much for dogs enjoying the outdoors, eh?

give Honey ONE opportunity to get in the house, she doesn't even have to think about it. you turn around, and she's already inside!

:rolleyes: :p