Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A wish for a great new year and some reflection

ancientgirl
January 1st, 2009, 11:04 AM
I hope everyone is enjoying their 2009 so far. I stayed home, which was fine with me. I've long since lost my taste for the New Years eve celebrations.

I'm not making a resolution about losing weight, but I do need and want to do something about my weight this year. I've decided this year I need to start saving more money and I've already started trying to close some credit accounts in order to have less debt. I'm doing this in the hopes of trying to buy a home in the next 2 years. I'd love to have a cute small home with a small yard that I can adapt into a safe area for the cats to go outside and enjoy nature. I've seen some really amazing yard enclosures for cats and I'd love to be able to do something like that for my gang.

I also joined eHarmony. Their monthly membership is about $60 I believe, but they had a special offer of 3 months for $40. If I choose to stay on more than 3 months, then the monthly membership is just $30. I figure I'll give it a few months, at least 3, which is what I paid for. I'd really like to meet someone I not only like not only personality and value wise, but someone I'm somewhat attracted to. I'm not looking for some perfect looking guy who's incredibly handsome, but i just want someone who is interesting to me. I've tried Yahoo, Match, I've tried several free sites and so far I've not found anyone that sparks a real interest in my in every way. So this really is my last try at these kind of sites. I'm being positive.

My 2008 began with a decision of bringing in Czari and giving it another chance, and I thank the lord this time around, I did things right and was able to keep her. She even responds to her name now! I call Czari and she looks up toward me. :cloud9:

I am thankful for a roof over my head, a job that allows me to keep said roof over my head. I am able to pay for my necessities (most of the time :rolleyes:) and I am extremely happy I have 5 healthy kitties who I love more than I can put into words.

2008 was a very difficult year for everyone I know. There were many changes we all went through, but I'm looking forward to 2009 being happier and prosperous not only for myself but for all of my family and friends. Let's all start this new year with high hopes and positive thinking and lets all have a wonderful year!

Luvmypitgirls
January 3rd, 2009, 11:41 AM
Amen ancientgirl!

I made a resolution a couple years ago to not make resolutions, it's the only one I've ever kept!

However, after some much needed reflection, I have come to the conclusion that I need to start making some time for myself more often. I need to stop being so self critical and accept the fact that I am not 25 anymore and things happen that I have no control over...umm...like gravity!
So I have decided to embrace myself just the way I am, that includes the extra 15 pounds I carry that no matter how hard I try just won't go away!
The fine lines that are now appearing are a testimony that I have been given a lot to smile about.
I no longer look at my stretchmarks as ugly, but as a reminder that I was blessed with three wonderful sons.
So I'm not a size 7 anymore I'm a size 10, means there is more of me for hubby to snuggle!

I hope 2009 is a great year for you ancientgirl and your furrybabies as well.

14+kitties
January 3rd, 2009, 11:46 AM
Gotta say good for you ancient! I am sure you will do what you want to if it means so much to you. And I know your kitties do! :thumbs up
I stopped making resolutions a while back. When I smoked I used to say that would be the year I quit. Never worked. I had to find the time that was right to do that. I finally did but it wasn't because I made a resolution. I like the word reflection. I do tons of that. Now I need to find the word action and put some of that reflection into action.

Melanie1010
January 3rd, 2009, 12:05 PM
Thats great ancient! Its great to see people making lifestyle changes instead of resolutions!!! Thats what I have decided to do as well - change the way I live life vs. resolving to do something. I have the same goal as you when it comes to debt and paying it off. I have 2 credit cards that I want to pay off and my goal is to start saving up too so I can eventually have enough saved and debt paid off to buy my own home as well. Its great to set goals that are achievable - so much easier to stay motivated! I am trying to eat better too, which hopefully helps my health overall (and gets my weight loss kicked into gear too!!)

Good luck with eHarmony as well! I joined about a year and a bit ago when they had their "try us for free" blitz and they couldnt match me with anyone! I sort of put meeting people on the back burner after that! I hope you have a great experience with it! I have a couple of friends who have met people online (including myself, my last 4 year relationship I met online) and they are incredibly happy. Its nice that people know upfront what your likes/dislikes and goals are. I know when the time comes and I meet someone - they better be patient with Nitro - I already know hes very possessive and it will take alot of work to gain his trust! Hopefully you meet someone who appreciates the love you have for your kitties!! Good luck with everything!!!

ancientgirl
January 3rd, 2009, 12:47 PM
Thanks everyone. I used to be so disappointed when I'd make resolutions at the beginning of the year, only to botch them up a few weeks later. Being just more realistic about my goals and making them for short term but for long term results might make it easier to accomplish them.

The weight, well I'd be okay with my weight, but I know I'm just too heavy for my size. I know I'd feel healthier with 15 or 20 pounds less on my frame, so that's what I'm aiming for right now.

The debt, well little by little I can chip away at it and have some extra money at the end of the month to maybe just set a few dollars away.

And as for the relationship, It's hard to find someone who will accept 5 cats, but I think it might be easier to find someone if they know up front I have 5 cats. Whoever i meet has to accept them, if he doesn't it's not going to work, because they ARE NOT going anywhere.