Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What would you do?

babymomma
December 31st, 2008, 01:57 AM
Ive been thinking recently. And Its accually made me sick while thinking about it. But have you ever wondered what would happen if your house caught on fire and nobody was home? And your dog was in a crate? I mean, Keely is crated when im not home. And If a fire were to break out, she wouldnt be able to run and get out if she could find a way out. And quite frankly i dont think firefighters would bother going in the house to see if anybody was there if nobody was shouting for help, and the car was gone. So, what do you do?

So ive found something that could be life saving!

If you register on this website the ASPCA will send you a sticker to go on your front door/window so firefighters could know you had a dog in your home! I think its a great idea. And accualy ive been looking for a pcae around here that makes them for a while now but i found this and its great.

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pets_rescuesticker

angeldogs
December 31st, 2008, 02:56 AM
I have 2 stickers i got at pet value that let the firemen/woman know that there is pets in the house.i bought them right after i bought the house with the same fear of not being home so the emergency crews would see the stickers and put them on the glass of the outside doors.

Tundra_Queen
December 31st, 2008, 03:32 AM
Hi

Yes, that is my biggest fear too! I got some when I order the special collar name tags for the cats. I haven't put them on the doors yet, cause they won't stick when it's -30c outside. But I do have a sign taped on the inside of the patio door.

Debbie