Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hey all!

DekaDawson
December 30th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Jay here. Looking forward to sharing stories and advice.
The love of my life is a 10 yr old female yellow lab named Deka (means pleasing). She has had both knees repaired (ligaments) and some fatty cell lumps removed in her life. Other than that 100% healthy. Although showing slight signs of arthritis now.
Tons of funny stories to share having this one around. Going to try and post pics.
Cheers!
J

Melinda
December 30th, 2008, 02:33 PM
oh she is gorgeous!!! welcome to the forums, we'd love to hear stories of your fur baby

lUvMyLaB<3
December 30th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I am new also! LOVE the lab! I have one also! SOooOOo nice! glad to meet you!

hazelrunpack
December 30th, 2008, 04:01 PM
What a pretty girl! :lovestruck: And how nice of you to post her pic so we didn't have to grovel for them! :laughing: yes, we've been known to beg for pics... :o

Welcome to the board, DekaDawson!

chico2
December 30th, 2008, 05:26 PM
What a beautiful girl:lovestruck:and yes,we love to hear stories:laughing:
Welcome to our Forum!!!

luckypenny
December 30th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Deka is GORGEOUS :cloud9:! What was she searching for in the first photo :D?

Frenchy
December 30th, 2008, 09:19 PM
ohhh I love the black and white picture , she's too cute ! :lovestruck: welcome to pets.ca !

pbpatti
December 30th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I'm another Lab lover and wish to welcome you aboard:thumbs up

Tundra_Queen
December 31st, 2008, 03:42 AM
Hi

Welcome to the forum! Deka is beautiful!! We have a yellow lab too. She is hubs guide dog.

DekaDawson
December 31st, 2008, 10:19 AM
Deka is GORGEOUS :cloud9:! What was she searching for in the first photo :D?
She's was probably following a scent trail. She is always sticking her head in the snow and lots of other places she probably shouldn't. She loves to go hunting for mice and rabbits in the fields. To date she has caught tons of mice, a ground hog, has come very close on squirrel's and rabbits and last but not least, one smelly skunk! Also chased deer a bunch of times then said forget it, too fast. Gets me up and about everyday. Speaking of.... going right now for a nice hike by the lake. Love her to death. Will post some stories in appropriate thread.

angeldogs
January 4th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Deka is gorgeous:lovestruck:.the pic with her laying in the grass and the black and white both should be framed if you haven't already.