Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A strange pose is not a rarity in this household...

JennieV
December 29th, 2008, 12:38 AM
:lightbulb: So I thought this would be a fun thread to start...Do you guys have pics of your pets sleeping in real awkward positions?
I just captured Sparky, crashed out after a long walk and a long play. He didnt even wake up after my camera went off. :laughing: One pooped puppy...

...Him and his most favorite cow look strangely alike...LOL

luckypenny
December 29th, 2008, 12:43 AM
:laughing: Silly Sparky even has his feet on the wall :D :cloud9:.

JennieV
December 29th, 2008, 12:50 AM
LP, this is a first with him...I have never seen him do that before. I saw him fall asleep face buried in daddy's shoes (like IN the shoe), but wasnt able to snap a pic, he wakes up and jumps up.
:laughing:

Tundra_Queen
December 29th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Oh he is so adorable LOL and he sure looks comfy. :laughing::laughing:

BeagleMum
December 29th, 2008, 06:51 AM
:laughing: That's funny!! I have some of my old cats propped up against a wall like that but would have to scan them.

14+kitties
December 29th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Sparky is a cutie!! He must think he is part cat. I am forever coming across kitties sleeping in strange and wonderful positions. :cloud9:
How much does he weigh now? He looks like he has grown.

onster
December 29th, 2008, 11:47 AM
LOL

hahahaha...too cute. I love his little cow.

Alrightie, Ill be on the hunt for awkward sleeping pics :D

14+kitties
December 29th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I think these have all been posted before but they are cute so......
Tiny Teegan tucked into slipper
A much smaller Mittens showing his "manly" side
And one of the all time favs..... Sparta falling asleep midplay :cloud9:

14+kitties
December 29th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Baby TT tucked in. Poor baby had some rough minutes when he first came into the house.
The second TT isn't really sleeping - yet - but it is still cute.

JennieV
December 29th, 2008, 02:23 PM
OMG, 14+, I loooooooove Mittens pic! that is hilarious!!! Sparky is about 13 lbs nowadays...he stretched, but most of what you see is fluff, he is a good shapely dog, no extra-padding on him yet.

:cloud9: the kitties pics! they are so precious! And the one of TT on the couch - :laughing::laughing: what a clown!:lovestruck::lovestruck:

diandpat
December 29th, 2008, 02:28 PM
OMG JennieV I can't believe you started this thread :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I looked up from my coffee and newspaper this morning to find Hobo fast asleep on the love seat in pretty much the same position as Sparky :laughing::laughing::laughing:

What a clown :clown:

diandpat
December 29th, 2008, 02:29 PM
14+Kitties, the one of Sparta sleeping just about kills me :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I love watching animals sleep :cloud9::cloud9:

I can't even imagine they are comfy except that they are breathing deeply and even snoring :laughing::laughing::laughing:

JennieV
December 29th, 2008, 02:33 PM
OMG! Hobo is a golden Sparky!! LOL :laughing: and..he is on the couch, which I assume is a little more comfy than bare floor, but still, soooo funny!!

ancientgirl
December 29th, 2008, 03:42 PM
LOL, what a great thread.

My boys are the oddest sleepers.

Chaser
December 29th, 2008, 04:05 PM
LOL....I love awkward sleeping poses!!! Those are all so cute! :cloud9:

Chase as a puppy:

JennieV
December 29th, 2008, 04:48 PM
LOL AG and Chase mom, those are excellent! I love both Vlad and Maks' poses!
And Chase seems to do the same as Sparky..maybe its a puppy thing??
Keep em coming!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

14+kitties
December 29th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Aww cute AG! I love kitties stretching to sleep. Looks like a wonderful way to wake up pain free? :rolleyes: And Chase_mom - adorable! :cloud9:

Chaser
December 29th, 2008, 05:45 PM
maybe its a puppy thing??

I think it is a puppy thing...Chase grew out of it months ago :sad:

Frenchy
December 29th, 2008, 10:24 PM
omg they are all so cute ! :lovestruck:

aslan
December 29th, 2008, 10:31 PM
hmmm they grow out of it do they. anyone know when exactly...

JennieV
December 30th, 2008, 01:48 AM
I dug one out of my mom's dog, Tishka...He is the master of crooked-neck-twisted-spine sleeping:

Stacer
December 30th, 2008, 10:50 AM
1. Angus in one of his typical resting poses.

2. Finn taking advantage of a big bed.

3. Skylar's normal sleeping position, the girl has no shame!

Stacer
December 30th, 2008, 10:52 AM
And another one of Finn just because it amazes me how much she likes to be covered up when she sleeps. She always pulls the covers up or snuggles deep inside blankets when she's having a nap.

angeldogs
December 30th, 2008, 10:52 AM
:laughing:Got to love they way our pets love to sleep.makes you wonder how they can be comfy sleeping the way they do sometimes.
I don't have any pics of it.when we first got Jag he would sleep in the chair with his back against the arm of the chair and his hind legs over the other arm of the chair in a sitting up position and fall asleep like that and fall out of the chair.

Lukka'sma
December 30th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Those are all a crack up. Love how animals sleep.
JennieV I wish my pup would play with those toys with a material covering but they don't last more than a couple of seconds and I have to pull all the stuffing out of her mouth or she will ingest it. They aren't allowed in the house any more for fear she will choke on the cloth.

CClover
December 31st, 2008, 02:32 PM
Pretzel style and the great spread style...

ancientgirl
December 31st, 2008, 02:46 PM
How cute! I love the be yourself.

Spatx
January 1st, 2009, 06:51 PM
Lol, I can totally relate to the strange poses. My boy Cody is known around my house for being seen in odd upside down sleeping positions. If he thinks its comfy, thats all that matters :laughing:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3133/2918575513_e4db302590.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3282/2919426642_8b7e8f5611.jpg