Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rupert Update

Chaser
December 27th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Rupert is settling in well, with no problems between him and the dogs. Chase is jealous of him and just sulks and ignores him but Kailey thinks he's pretty neat. He's very vocal and meows A LOT.....I think it translates to "Where the heck am I?!?!" He seems kind of stressed and I think it will take him a bit to settle in, but once he sees that there is a routine here he should calm down. He's not eating a whole lot even though his food is the same....but that could just be that my perception is screwed up by dogs who will inhale any food in sight!

hazelrunpack
December 27th, 2008, 10:49 AM
He sure looks relaxed! :thumbs up He's not even hiding!!

Good boy, Rupert!!

I'm sure Kailey will be able to convince Chase that Rupert is a good guy... :D

Lukka'sma
December 27th, 2008, 10:58 AM
what a handsome boy:cloud9:

Frenchy
December 27th, 2008, 11:59 AM
wow , he's pretty cute , all fluffy ! Don't worry about him not eating too much , he just needs time to settled down. :cat:

ancientgirl
December 27th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Oh, he looks great. It's good he's not hiding. I'm sure Chase will get used to him. It might take him a few days to get his appetite to what it was. I remember when I brought Czari inside it took a few days for her to really eat well, and go to the bathoom.

Chaser
December 27th, 2008, 01:14 PM
I remember when I brought Czari inside it took a few days for her to really eat well, and go to the bathoom.

Good to know....he's peed in his litter but hasn't pooped yet. I wondered if that might take a while if he's feeling a bit stressed out.

mummummum
December 27th, 2008, 01:21 PM
what a handsome boy:cloud9:

No kidding ~ he's gorgeeeeous ! :fingerscr for the final "settling in" (a good poop :D)

ancientgirl
December 27th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Good to know....he's peed in his litter but hasn't pooped yet. I wondered if that might take a while if he's feeling a bit stressed out.

Oh yeah, no doubt he's feeling a little odd. I think it took almost a week for Czari to poop so just know it might be a little longer than your used to seeing.:fingerscr

Winston
December 27th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Sounds like Rupert is going to settle just fine. It will be a transition for him too cause everything is new! Lots of new smells, new doggies, new digs...If he is a bit vocal right now I wouldnt be too surprised. I would think he is used to maybe going out at some point, or he could be calling for the kids...but dont let it worry you. Once he settles he will likely quiet down.

As long as he is drinking and peeing you should be fine. He will eat when he is ready. I would think that may be at night time when all is quiet. Is he free feeding or on a schedule? That will make a difference too! All in time and he will be running the household! Glad everyone had a good holiday and that the doggies are okay with Rupert! :thumbs up

Cindy

Toonces
December 27th, 2008, 01:51 PM
awww sweet Rupert we miss you already (ok maybe not the meowing:laughing:... told you he liked to talk:laughing: ) He will be fine, he takes his time eating don't worry about that he will pick at his kibble when he wants it he is not a piggy like our dogs:rolleyes: He will be fine being a house cat he has not been outside in a very long time except for when we opened the garage door to let him in and he always came running for the front door:cloud9:

Took him a few days to poop when I brought him in the house also and he does burry his poop so thats a good thing, less smell:yuck:

give him kisses and snuggles from us

chico2
December 27th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Aww,beautiful Rupert,he looks fine to me,but of course everything is new,it stresses cats out for sure.
But soon enough he'll realize this is his home,time to start showing who's the boss:laughing:
I imagine there are lots of nice doggy-beds to try out:cat:

Chaser
December 27th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Well he has now pooped! :thumbs up

He's also claimed a chair for himself and enjoys laying in the bathtub :shrug: :confused:

Chase is going to take some time to get over his jealousy I think....he was fine with Kailey because I think he thought we got her for him.....but Rupert is of no particular use to him so he's still sulking up a storm.

Chaser
December 27th, 2008, 06:43 PM
give him kisses and snuggles from us

Not to worry, he's getting plenty! (And he doesn't hesitate to demand them either!) :laughing:

ancientgirl
December 27th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Well he has now pooped! :thumbs up

He's also claimed a chair for himself and enjoys laying in the bathtub :shrug: :confused:

Chase is going to take some time to get over his jealousy I think....he was fine with Kailey because I think he thought we got her for him.....but Rupert is of no particular use to him so he's still sulking up a storm.

Yay, we have poop! A couple of my guys like laying in the tub and in the sink. I think it's the coolness or something.:shrug:

Chaser
December 27th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Is he free feeding or on a schedule?

Mainly free feeding. I'll be doing wet food on a schedule, but he has dry to snack on whenever he wants. I'm just putting small amounts out so I can track how much he's eating.

Toonces
December 27th, 2008, 07:26 PM
YAY Rupert for the poop!!! He loves water watch out when you run a tap he will be right there smacking at it and can make quite a mess (now I know where Marley gets it from I never get to have a shower without her in there with me)

ohh ohh did he claim the dogs chair???? Poor Chase I hope he is still wiggling his bumbie, I pray Rupert has not upset him that much:sad: he will gt over it I think he is a Brandy in the making:laughing: good luck if that is the case she is such a diva!

pbpatti
December 27th, 2008, 07:30 PM
ChaseMom, you got a new baby in your house did you? Rupert is very pretty oops handsome, I see he likes his toys so he should feel right at home in no time. Yippee he pooped, no more worry new mom.

Chaser
December 27th, 2008, 07:31 PM
ohh ohh did he claim the dogs chair????

Nope, he wisely chose a spare chair in the office. Kailey likes him, but not enough to give up HER chair! :laughing:

Poor Chase I hope he is still wiggling his bumbie, I pray Rupert has not upset him that much:sad:

He hasn't wiggled since we got home...he's gonna need a few days. He can be awfully moody sometimes :rolleyes:

Toonces
December 27th, 2008, 08:07 PM
awwwww Chase that breaks my heart your little wiggle bum melted my heart, heres hoping for some wiggles soon:fingerscr

14+kitties
December 27th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Just precautionary, and I am sure you had mentioned you were going to do it, but you are planning on keeping Rupert separated when you are not at home, right? Especially with Chase showing some jealousy.
I'm glad Rupert is settling. I love the chatty cats. They have lots of good stories to tell. :cloud9:

Chaser
December 27th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Just precautionary, and I am sure you had mentioned you were going to do it, but you are planning on keeping Rupert separated when you are not at home, right? Especially with Chase showing some jealousy.

Yep, the office belongs to Rupert now. We keep a baby gate up and no dogs allowed. His litter, food and toys are all in there.

14+kitties
December 27th, 2008, 08:41 PM
:oI thought you had mentioned that before. Thanks! :thumbs up

otter
December 27th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Lucky Rupert... sounds like you've staked out a little piece of heaven :cloud9::cloud9:

He sure is beautiful :thumbs up:lovestruck:

Chaser
December 28th, 2008, 11:09 AM
awwwww Chase that breaks my heart your little wiggle bum melted my heart, heres hoping for some wiggles soon:fingerscr

He's wiggling again!!!! :thumbs up

When he wants to play tug he wiggles his bum, growls, and shoves a toy in your lap/hand/face.....earlier today he did that to Rupert!!!! He thinks he's a dog! :laughing: Rupert rolled over on his back and started to bat at the Nylabone with his paws....and Chase was really confused about why the new "dog" wasn't grabbing hold and tugging back! It was just too cute :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
December 28th, 2008, 11:26 AM
That's cute!

chico2
December 28th, 2008, 03:34 PM
That's great,we certainly do not want Chase to be upset or unhappy,he's such a sweetheart:lovestruck:
You realize you are going to have to get really busy with the camera,ok;)

Toonces
December 28th, 2008, 04:50 PM
He's wiggling again!!!! :thumbs up

When he wants to play tug he wiggles his bum, growls, and shoves a toy in your lap/hand/face.....earlier today he did that to Rupert!!!! He thinks he's a dog! :laughing: Rupert rolled over on his back and started to bat at the Nylabone with his paws....and Chase was really confused about why the new "dog" wasn't grabbing hold and tugging back! It was just too cute :lovestruck:

awwww Yes Rupert is part dog I am sure of that! am glad to hear Chase is over his case of the blues

Smiley14
December 28th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Oh, Rupert is gorgeous!!!! :flirt: He looks like he's settling right in! You're right, a routine is a big part of that too! He'll be feeling at home in no time! :thumbs up

Saigo
December 28th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Rupert is gorgeous!