Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Mmmm...Christmas yummies!

Gail P
December 26th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Mmmm....new bones. Yummy!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Newer%20dog%20pics/DSCF6237.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Newer%20dog%20pics/DSCF6236.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Newer%20dog%20pics/DSCF6243.jpg

Frenchy
December 26th, 2008, 03:14 PM
yum yum is right , they must love the holidays !

rainbow
December 26th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Cute pics......those bones should keep them busy for awhile. :D

chico2
December 26th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Look at those happy pups,your Collie(Noah???) is a stunner:lovestruck:

Gail P
December 27th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Cute pics......those bones should keep them busy for awhile. :D

A day or two anyways :rolleyes: They've already got all the smoked meaty stuff off the outside and most of the marrow gone. They like to chew them even after they're older and cleaned right off though so since these ones still smell nice and smokey they'll keep at them for a while.

Look at those happy pups,your Collie(Noah???) is a stunner:lovestruck:
Thanks :) Noah does tend to stand out from all the black and white doesn't he? :dog:

Frenchy
December 27th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks :) Noah does tend to stand out from all the black and white doesn't he? :dog:

Yes he does :lovestruck: we rarely see real "Lassies" anymore :cloud9:

mummummum
December 27th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Such beautiful dawgs! Could there be a happier face than a dog with a bone?

Gail P
December 27th, 2008, 09:47 PM
we rarely see real "Lassies" anymore :cloud9:

Yeah, I wonder why that is. I've had them for 20 years, before Noah I had 2 sisters, Dawn and Sweetie. My mom's dog Buddy is a collie or collie x she adopted and before that she had one named Mary, and before her Tasha, who was Sweetie's mom. She "adopted" her from the friend I got Dawn and Sweetie from.

Collies are great dogs but Noah will probably be my last since I'm now into the dogsledding. The border collies have much more speed and drive. Noah's done a bit of sledding but not too much. He can't really keep up with the others so it's not fair to make him try. He was great for my daughter's first ever kid & mutt race back in 2005 though and he really stood out there from all the sled dogs :D

Tundra_Queen
December 28th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Noah is beautiful! I had a sheltie with his colouring and he was the best dog I've ever had. My uncle always had collie's like Noah too.

What kind of bones are they?

Debbie

growler~GateKeeper
December 28th, 2008, 10:28 PM
I see Thunder's getting right down to the good stuff in the middle :D :dog:

Gail P
December 28th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Noah is beautiful! I had a sheltie with his colouring and he was the best dog I've ever had. My uncle always had collie's like Noah too.

What kind of bones are they?

Debbie

I think they call them smoked marrow bones. I always get them these kind, the big ones that are just the centre shank portion of the bone. I used to get the longer ones with knuckles on the ends and I've tried just the large knuckle pieces but my dogs begin to tear those apart and some of the smaller pieces could be dangerous to them. These kind seem quite sturdy even for my powerful chewers and they love to work at getting the marrow out of the middle. I've even re-stuffed the middle on occasion, when I didn't have enough stuffable KONGs to go around. Sometimes you can pick up these kind of bones in bins at the pet supply/feed stores, or other stores also carry ones that are plastic wrapped and made by Barnsdale Farms (I think that's the name, they're in Ontario). Also if you have a butchers or meat packers anywhere nearby you can probably get them there. I'm just not sure if the butchers would have them smoked or raw.