Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm back with a new puppy

MommaKat
December 26th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I know I have not said much recently but with the Holidays we were super busy. Also (like the title says) we have a new family member. It's a long story, but I have recently taken in a 9 week old Shih tzu puppy. We were looking to adopt an older small mutterooski but we had been having trouble finding one that would fit in our family. We were willing to be patient and keep looking on petfinder and our local shelter but I had finally convinced a relative to stop breeding her dogs :thumbs up: This is her dogs last litter and then they will be fixed. She asked me to take the runt of the litter because she was having a hard time finding it a wonderful home and she knew Hubby and I will spoil this puppy girl.

I feel guilty that I did not adopt from a shelter :sad: but hubby said we will sponsor one of the ones that we were looking at that was not suitable for us (not good with kids and I babysit in my own home). I know it's not the same but every bit helps I think.

Without further delay, this is our new girl Sparkie (DH named her :p )...

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w170/Hunnybobunny/DSCF0342.jpg

More pics to come after her bath, and many more threads with puppy questions ;)

Chris21711
December 26th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Cuteness overload Mommakat :cloud9:

Frenchy
December 26th, 2008, 04:00 PM
but hubby said we will sponsor one of the ones that we were looking at that was not suitable for us

That is wonderful mommakat ! :thumbs up

Sparkie is too cute and we will expect daily pics , it's required when anyone gets a puppy :shrug: :D

14+kitties
December 26th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Cutie patootie!!

MommaKat
December 26th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Thanks guys! we're in total love with her :cloud9: Maggie is a little skittish of her right now but we're going to take it slow and make it positive. I can't wait until stores open and I can buy her some puppy things :lovestruck:

More pictures soon, I promise!

rainbow
December 26th, 2008, 04:10 PM
What a sweetie. :cloud9:

BusterBoo
December 26th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Sparkie is too cute!!!!!!!! :lovestruck:

Of course lots of pictures are required...we need to see her grow and become the wonderful little dog that all tzus are (ok...I might be a little biased on that one :D )

Etown_Chick
December 26th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Aww what an adorable little furball!
You did a good thing taking her in. Congrats!

angeldogs
December 26th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Congrats on the new addition and convincing your relative to stop breeding.
Sparkie looks sooooooo adorable.

Tundra_Queen
December 27th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Oh my goodness! She is sooooooo darn cute! I have so been thinking of getting another dog to keep Tegan company and seeing faces like that makes me so tempted.... hub says no though. But that doesn't mean I'm listening. LOL

Give sparkie a squeeze from me!

babymomma
December 30th, 2008, 04:34 PM
She looks SOOO cute.. She looks alot like a Parti-Yorkie to me. Just the coloration I guess:p lol

ancientgirl
December 30th, 2008, 07:44 PM
OMG, she's just too cute for words!!!

Love4himies
December 30th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Oh what a sweet little tyke :cloud9: :lovestruck:

zomo
December 30th, 2008, 07:54 PM
One word "CUTE"

pbpatti
December 30th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Congrats Sparkie, you have found yourself a new home, one that will spoil you rotten:crazy: she is so cute, what a sweet face she has. I LOVE PUPPIES. more pic's please.

hazelrunpack
December 31st, 2008, 12:17 AM
She sure is a doll :flirt: I love all the colors on her face :cloud9: