Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Greetings from R. Bear

R. Bear
December 26th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Hello everyone: I am very pleased to be a new member of this forum. My 14 year old mix breed dog passed away in October. I was grief-stricken by this loss but a month later adopted a 9 year old Miniature Pinscher mix from the Humane Society. He is a great dog and has fit in perfectly with the family. But I find Min Pins have unique traits - I learn something new every day!

chico2
December 26th, 2008, 10:55 AM
WELCOME,R.Bear,normally this Forum is buzzing,but it is Christmas and Boxing Day,I am sure some of the crazies are out braving the stores.
Sorry about the passing of your pup,but very happy you decided to give a shelter pup a chance at a new life:thumbs up

I read your question in your other post,I am sure someone will come along,with suggestions.
I don't have any,my 3 cats are always sucking on things:laughing:,but dogs don't usually,I think:confused:

mummummum
December 26th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Welcome to pets.ca R.Bear ~ looking forward to lots of Min Pin pix ! I think they are just as cute as the dickens ~though I'll bet the snow banks in Ottawa are a challenge. Sad to hear about your old doggie ~ it's a heart breaker :candle:

hazelrunpack
December 26th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Welcome, R Bear! So sorry for your recent loss :grouphug: And thank you for opening up your home to another rescue.

14+kitties
December 26th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Welcome to the forum. Nice that you adopted a "senior" from the shelter. Thank you for that. :thumbs up Stick around and make yourself at home. :D

R. Bear
December 29th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Thanks everyone! Working with and training a Min Pin in Ottawa is a challenge. The temperature goes from 0 to -30 overnight sometimes, and the little guy isn't too pleased with the snow, slush, salt, rain, high winds etc. And I would highly recommend adopting a senior dog to anyone!

Tundra_Queen
December 31st, 2008, 02:48 AM
Hi there. Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your pet. It is so wonderful of u to adopt an older dog. I hope u will share pics of him soon. :D