Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

DH got me a Blue Ray DVD Player

clm
December 24th, 2008, 10:29 PM
:D I watch a lot of movies. My dvd player decided to quit and it's been killing me. Was planning to go buy one next week. DH gave me my Christmas present tonight and it was a Blue Ray DVD player and the new Mummy movie to go with it. Poor guy is still so sick, he's gone to bed. :sick: I'm glad he's got 10 days off work to rest.

Cindy

onster
December 24th, 2008, 10:40 PM
awww sorry ure hubby is not feeling well? Is it a cold?

If hes got a cough, boil him some ginger, it really works!! Add some honey :thumbs up

More importantly however :D lol (j/k) thats a sweet present!!! yay hubby! Have u noticed any difference with the blue ray???

Merrry xmas Clm!!

hazelrunpack
December 24th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Cool!! :highfive:

So does a Blue Ray DVD play regular DVDs, too?

Sorry your DH is still so sick... Are you feeling better? :goodvibes:

clm
December 25th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Yep, it plays regular DVD's too, thank goodness cause I have lots of them. :laughing:
I still have that nasty cold, but not as bad as DH. It just doesn't go away. I've had it most of the month of December. It's the cough that kills you. I've shaken most of that.

Cindy

hazelrunpack
December 25th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Was DH able to enjoy Christmas at all, or did he stay in bed and let you watch movies all day? :D

clm
December 26th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Poor guy stayed at home yesterday and slept most of the day. I was at my moms all day cooking dinner and then cleaning up afterwards. He looked a little better after I got home last night. I think a full day of rest really helped.

Cindy

Frenchy
December 26th, 2008, 08:57 AM
ok so I'm a total :loser: when it come to these things , what's the difference between a Blue Ray and a regular one ? :p

ancientgirl
December 26th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Wow, that's a great present! It's good to know you can play regular DVD's on those too!

Hope DH is feeling better.

clm
December 26th, 2008, 10:42 PM
ok so I'm a total :loser: when it come to these things , what's the difference between a Blue Ray and a regular one ? :p

Blue Ray is the next evolution, a step up to high definition. There is a noticible difference from what I've seen so far, I have only one Blue Ray dvd at the moment, but this player actually ups the resolution on my existing dvd's as well. I've watched a number of my regular dvd's and there is definatley a difference in the quality with this player. I'm not sure that it's so noticible that I would go out and spend the extra couple hundred dollars to buy a blue ray machine.

DH looks better today. He's still coughing himself silly, but he has much better colour and is eating better today. :thumbs up

Cindy

14+kitties
December 27th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Wonderful gift for a movie lover! :thumbs up
Hope hubby is feeling better today. :sick: