Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Barking Mad

dustybird
December 24th, 2008, 01:50 AM
Is anyone else familiar with this show? It's on animal planet and if you haven't seen it, it's a pretty good show. I don't know if it's shown in Canada or just the U.S. I only get to watch it when I am away at work as our satelite is a U.S feed.

Anyway the title doesn't say much but basicaly they have different experts that go to people's homes, farms etc.. to help with a wide range of animals with a wide range of problems, behaviural, psychological etc... Usually due to an owners lack of understanding or knowlege for their animal.

For example there a woman who got a hamster for her son but they were both afraid of it as it would bite all the time and she didn't think he was happy. They came in and built a really awesome cage for the hamster to simulate as close as possible to his natural environment. This thing was huge and a peice of art. They also explained what hamsters need etc... Came back a week later and it was a whole new hamster, he was happy and actually wanted to come out and be handled.

Then there was an older cat that mewed constantly, after being checked by a vet which is always the first thing they do, to of course rule out any illness, pain etc... Then they got thier cat expert who specialized in senior cats and she determined that the cat was starting to get a little senial. To help her they made her living space smaller(area she liked to spend most of the time and was most familar to her). Moved her litter box, food, water and made a special bed for her that was more enclosed and warm into a specific room (happened to be the kitchen). Anyhow came back a week later and the mewing was less and she seemed more content. I guess she was getting confused. This way all the things that made her feel safe and where she got a lot of attention were close by.

Anyhoo if you haven't seen it, it's a pretty neat show. I like that they deal will all animals, feather, furred and scaled, and how they teach and explain things so the owners have a better understanding for their pet so everyone is happy.

cell
December 24th, 2008, 09:03 AM
I use to love that show when I still lived at home, but alas I have no more TV and can't find it online. I did find live streams for It's me or the Dog the British version (which is far superior to the American one which makes me hate Victoria Stillwell)

t.pettet
December 24th, 2008, 09:05 PM
I don't seem to be able to get it anymore but really ejoyed it and found some of the people with problem pets just lacked common-sense. There were alot of good suggestions and training tips/advice handed out.

ancientgirl
December 24th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I've seen it here and there. It's on here where I live on Sunday mornings and sometimes I'll catch it. It's a pretty good show and informative. I think one time I watched it when they build this play room for some cats. Very cool, they carpeted the walls, which I thought was such a neat idea!