Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Baxter decided to take a walk on the pond tonight

clm
December 23rd, 2008, 09:55 PM
Good thing one of us is always out there with them. He never goes on the ice, it's always Bentley we have to constantly remind to stay off the pond. He likes water and likes to get wet. Baxter hates to get wet, so go figure, he's the one who goes through. :rolleyes:
He looked like one sorry dog when DH brought him in. :laughing: Only his back half was wet, but he wasn't happy. :laughing: He's bright enough to learn from it and I'm sure he'll approach the pond with more caution from now on. Bentley on the other hand, will probably think that the whole thing was pretty cool and want to try it himself. :wall:

Cindy

hazelrunpack
December 23rd, 2008, 09:56 PM
:headslap: What?!! No pictures?!? :frustrated: Now I'm gonna hafta :cry:

clm
December 23rd, 2008, 10:03 PM
They never do this kind of stuff when the batteries are charged for the camera. :laughing: He's toweled off and sleeping right now. I can't wait for it to warm up enough to take the ice off the pond again, most of it should be off after the rain and warmer temps tomorrow. The pumps running don't let the ice get very thick.....little light Bentley can get away with the odd step on the ice....he moves across it quickly because he knows he's in trouble when he's on it. :laughing: Big lumbering Baxter doesn't move that quick and decided to be defiant when told to get off the pond tonight.

Cindy

14+kitties
December 23rd, 2008, 10:05 PM
Aww poor Baxter! Good thing he's got thick fur! Guess you don't have to worry too much about him getting sick from the shock of cold water.

Frenchy
December 23rd, 2008, 10:08 PM
I was sure there was going to be a pic too Hazel :p

poor baby , wet at this weather , I'm sure it felt good to him :p must take a while to dry ?!!! :eek:

hazelrunpack
December 23rd, 2008, 10:09 PM
Big lumbering Baxter doesn't move that quick and decided to be defiant when told to get off the pond tonight.

That'll larn the little darlin'! :laughing:

clm
December 23rd, 2008, 10:11 PM
Actually it takes a lot to soak them through to the skin, the water stays pretty much in the outer coat unless they're in there long enough to soak it up. :laughing: He's dry now and it only happened a half hour ago. They get the zoomies when wet so DH had a hard time nabbing the big dummy to get him into the house.:laughing:

hazelrunpack
December 23rd, 2008, 10:16 PM
Zoomies are good for drying out the fur! Shakes excess water off and the rest gets whisked out by the passage of the wind. :D

Frenchy
December 23rd, 2008, 10:28 PM
They get the zoomies when wet so DH had a hard time nabbing the big dummy to get him into the house.:laughing:

:laughing:

glasslass
December 24th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Zoomies are great for getting warmed back up too!

BusterBoo
December 24th, 2008, 07:07 PM
They never do this kind of stuff when the batteries are charged for the camera. :laughing:
Cindy

:D Time to charge those batteries!!!!!

ancientgirl
December 24th, 2008, 09:17 PM
:laughing:Oh no, poor Baxter. At least he won't be messing with that nasty pond for a while.