Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Greetings from Mississauga, ON

kat4life99
December 23rd, 2008, 02:55 PM
Hello!

I just signed up and this is my first time on this pet forum. Nice to meet everyone!

I had a 12 year old Collie named Michael who have passed away 4 months ago :cry:

It's been a very emotional journey for the entire family but I think I might be open to getting another dog.

BenMax
December 23rd, 2008, 03:01 PM
Welcome Kat4Life99.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy and there are no words to say but do know that so many here at pets have loved and lost.

The holidays are infact the hardest but you have the memories to carry you through.

Please do share your stories as so many want to hear all about your lovely pet...here or beyond.

When and if you get a pet, we will stand beside you and help you if need be. I am so very pleased that you are considering another...maybe from a shelter or rescue???

Melinda
December 23rd, 2008, 03:17 PM
welcome to our forum, I'm so sorry for your loss, our fur babies are the world to us, please tell us some stories about him, and when you are ready to add another member to your family that there are many rescue workers and foster parents on this board that would help you with the right pet.

hazelrunpack
December 23rd, 2008, 03:23 PM
I'm so sorry for your recent loss. There is a memorial forum (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34) here for memorials to pets that have gone ahead--some find it comforting to post their pet's story there. :grouphug: We'd love to hear more about Michael.

And when you're ready to adopt again, we'll of course need to hear about the new addition as well! :o

Welcome to the forum, kat4life99.

Tundra_Queen
December 23rd, 2008, 08:00 PM
Hi there, Welcome to the forum.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is always so sad when we lose one of our furkids.

kat4life99
December 24th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts.

Here's a very brief story of Michael, the 70-pound Collie who was the heart of my family:

Michael was the best dog ever! My dad got him as a surprise birthday present for me when I had turned 9 years old. He was your typical Collie - energetic, active and overall, a goof. There are so many stories to tell but some of the funnier ones were the time when my dad had to beg the training instructor at Petsmart to pass Michael in his basic training course because he couldn't sit, stay or come on command. Or the time he got sick at the Woofstock in Toronto in front of everyone and about 50 people pointed and said "ewwww" to my dog (that poor thing!).

All in all, I grew up with him throughout my childhood so it was one of the hardest thing to let go when we had to put him to sleep just 3 week shy of his 12th birthday. He's been a great pet, friend and companion and I hope that if I do look for another pet, they will only live up to what Michael was. :angel:

It was very nice to openly share this story with you guys. Thanks for listening.