Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Chinese to pull cats from menu

Rick C
December 23rd, 2008, 10:25 AM
It's progress . . .

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-cats23-2008dec23,0,2131716.story

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Love4himies
December 23rd, 2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks for sharing that article, Rick.

I feel for any animal that is badly treated, whether it be a chicken or cat. :sad:

ancientgirl
December 23rd, 2008, 12:34 PM
"You can judge how advanced a civilization is by the way it treats its animals," said Lu, paraphrasing Gandhi. She founded the Small Animal Protection Assn., which she runs out of the Beijing apartment she shares with 15 cats, more than a dozen dogs, a quail, a pigeon and a monkey.

Yes, yes, yes and YES!

You can call up the culture card, but the above statement in my opinion and that of most of the world is true. If we, as human beings, cannot respect and take care of, and most important treat the animals the many see as beneath them, humanely, then what does that say about where our civilization is heading?

Rome rose, and fell eventually because of it's violence against people. Not surprising since in one day in the Colosseum in Rome there were literally hundreds of thousands of animals slaughtered. Human or animal life wasn't that important.

I'm not debating my opinion with anyone. If you disagree with me that's fine, it is your right. You have every right to your opinion and you have every right to state it here. But please, I don't want anyone trying to tell me that I should not look down on a culture because they eat dogs or cats. Not today people, not today. The image of that little cat in that cage in the article Rick C has posted is going to be in my mind for a long time.

BenMax
December 23rd, 2008, 01:21 PM
It is a difficult concept for us to understand. It would be ideal if all animals were spared. It's not a perfect world but I always remain hopeful that one day there will finally be freedom and peace to all animals and humans. Can you imagine?