Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Vietnam

Ro_VN
December 22nd, 2008, 10:42 PM
Hi everyone, I'm Duong, from Vietnam. I've a Phu Quoc Rigdeback dog, Its very nice to joint with you.
Thank all.

luckypenny
December 22nd, 2008, 10:47 PM
Welcome to pets.ca Ro_VN :).

Would you kindly share some pictures of your dog with us please :goodvibes:?

Ro_VN
December 22nd, 2008, 11:02 PM
Welcome to pets.ca Ro_VN :).

Would you kindly share some pictures of your dog with us please :goodvibes:?

Thank luckypenny, I've posted some pics of my dog, but I think its had some mistakes, my post didn't appear.

luckypenny
December 22nd, 2008, 11:03 PM
Hmm, are you re-sizing them so that they are not too large? Can you try to post one here?

Ro_VN
December 22nd, 2008, 11:09 PM
Hmm, are you re-sizing them so that they are not too large? Can you try to post one here?

Ok.
http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q468/thuyhuongminh/untitled.jpg
http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q468/thuyhuongminh/3.jpg

Ro_VN
December 22nd, 2008, 11:10 PM
haha, good, I've done:lightbulb::goodvibes:

aslan
December 22nd, 2008, 11:11 PM
welcome RO_VN handsome boy you have there.

luckypenny
December 22nd, 2008, 11:13 PM
He looks so happy in the second picture :lovestruck:. What's his name? WHat is he like?

Is a Phu Quoc Ridgeback the same breed as a Thai Ridgeback? I think I've seen brown ones as well?

Ro_VN
December 22nd, 2008, 11:14 PM
welcome RO_VN handsome boy you have there.

Thank all:)

Ro_VN
December 23rd, 2008, 12:58 AM
He looks so happy in the second picture :lovestruck:. What's his name? WHat is he like?

Is a Phu Quoc Ridgeback the same breed as a Thai Ridgeback? I think I've seen brown ones as well?

Phu Quoc rigdeback dog bread's from Phu Quoc island (Vietnam). Is once of 3 rigdeback breads in the world (Rhodesian rigdeback dog, Thai ridgeback dog). Next time, I'll post the full profile of this bread for you.
Thank you.

P/S: His name's Ro, he likes run, mouse hunting and play with me...

pbpatti
December 23rd, 2008, 11:42 AM
RO VN, welcome to pets.ca. You have a beautiful boy.

Melinda
December 23rd, 2008, 12:57 PM
welcome! what a beautiful boy you have, I'm partial to black doggies

hazelrunpack
December 23rd, 2008, 02:09 PM
Welcome! He's quite the handsome boy, your Ro! Running and mousing--my dogs love the same things as Ro :D

Tundra_Queen
December 23rd, 2008, 07:09 PM
Hi
Welcome to the forum!

Your dog is very handsome. :)

Ro_VN
December 23rd, 2008, 08:24 PM
Phu Quoc Island in southern Kien Giang Province( Vietnam ), is famous for its dogs. They are one of the world’s three rarest dogs with whorls on their backs
Previously, the Phu Quoc dog was included in Larousse Dictionary, and appeared frequently on international dog web pages. According to some dog experts, the Phu Quoc dog is much more intelligent than others. They are famous for hunting and protecting houses, for their friendship and loyalty to owners, and fearlessness against competitors.
According to old people on Phu Quoc Island, the dog was traditionally four main colours: spotted, black, yellow, and striped; however now the colours have become more various. A mature dog is about 20-25kg, with a small head, quite a long snout, and thin ears. The body of tapering belly, straight legs and “duck-like” toes, allows Phu Quoc dogs to swim and run exceedingly well.
An important sign to recognize a true Phu Quoc dog is the whorls on its back, together with short, thin hair. When facing competitors or running after prey, the whorls become erect, making the dog look brave and strong. Now, it is quite difficult to find original Phu Quoc dogs, as they have mixed with others.

Thank you.