Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Did you see the BARF Episode Of Dirty Jobs?

AmericanBullMom
December 22nd, 2008, 07:37 AM
Mike Rowe Is my hero!

Last night he Went to a Place in California (dont know if I can name it) where they make the Green Trip Pre-made BARF Foods. They show a nice Calf Head with its eyes and eveything.:yuck: And how they make up the balanced diet, it was pretty neat! I'm sure you can find the episode online.

ANYWAYS! My point to this, was that maybe with people seeing that episode, more people will look into the Raw Diets.

Course I'm sure PETA probably hates Mike Rowe now.

Let me tell ya', I'm SO glad to be an accountant. I just.... Couldnt do it.

kathryn
December 22nd, 2008, 01:49 PM
Course I'm sure PETA probably hates Mike Rowe now.

omggg don't u know eating aminals is wrong???? even if your a carnivore it's still wrong :rolleyes:

ahahahaha

Anyways, I hate hate hate dirty jobs :o because it's gross!!!! hahahha

I don't really get the whole tripe thing. People buy it alot at work though.

totallyhip
December 22nd, 2008, 02:25 PM
We usually get it canned. Lately I have been buying it fresh from the butcher in little plastic containers. Its really gross smelling fresh! :yuck: But the dogs LOVE it. The minute we take it out of the fridge they go MENTAL :rolleyes: and its so good for them!

AmericanBullMom
December 22nd, 2008, 02:37 PM
Yeah I am all for people be vegetarian, but I'm sorry, I LOVE me some steak and Potatoes.
Patrón says he does too, just a little more rare than I like mine. Lol

I Love Dirty Jobs, as long as I'm watching it on TV!

Tripe LOOKS gross.... I cant even imagine buying to eat from like the grocery store! UGH! :yuck:
But I say the same about chicken necks and backs and gizzards and hearts and whatever else I buy for my mongrals... and dont think twice about feeding it to them!

Melinda
December 22nd, 2008, 02:43 PM
darn, I was waiting for that episode, it was featured in my Dog Journal saying it would be aired sometime in the fall....I suppose in truth it IS still fall.....hopefully it will be repeated soon.

On a side note, too bad we couldn't ge Mike Rowe to ride with the quebec spca when they investigate then remove dogs from the puppy mills ......

AmericanBullMom
December 22nd, 2008, 02:45 PM
I think it was a repeat. It was on at 10pm here last night. Which I think NEW episodes are 9pm on Tuesdays.
It was very interesting! And kinda gross. Course it wouldnt a good episode of Dirty Jobs if you werent making this :yuck: face the whole time!

Go to discovery channel and write them !! That would be a great way to get out the horrors of puppy mills to MILLIONS of viewers!

Melinda
December 22nd, 2008, 02:52 PM
I just did......more than one letter about it would sure get their attention!! *hint hint*

AmericanBullMom
December 22nd, 2008, 02:55 PM
On my way now!:thumbs up

*cough*cough* to anyone else!! *cough* *still coughing**coughing a little more*

Melinda
December 22nd, 2008, 03:31 PM
*L* pats her on the back* feel better now?:thumbs up

AmericanBullMom
December 22nd, 2008, 03:55 PM
Oh yes. Much better. Stupid tickle in my throat or something. lol

TulipRoxy
December 22nd, 2008, 04:11 PM