Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Patrón and his Fur Family

AmericanBullMom
December 22nd, 2008, 08:19 AM
I've been back at home with my parents (:yell:) for about a month now. FINALLY Patrón is getting along with my mom's three dogs.

I took some pics of Patrón with his "Aunt Prissy" (the LARGE black Lab) and "Uncle Chevy" (The GoldenDoodle Poodle Thing:rolleyes:).

And Then Patrón watching My sister cook.

Dont mind how dirty Patrón is! A dirty dog, is a happy dog! And we have VERY happy dogs! :D

ancientgirl
December 22nd, 2008, 09:53 AM
Patron looks VERY interested in what's going on up on that stove.:laughing:

AmericanBullMom
December 22nd, 2008, 10:53 AM
Lol, yeah...he likes that he can JUST reach the top of the cabinets...

Did you see his little Boo Boo on his hip? He ran into the corner of a wall while playing with Chevy... :rolleyes:

ancientgirl
December 22nd, 2008, 11:26 AM
That looks like a nasty cut.

Love4himies
December 22nd, 2008, 11:50 AM
Patron doesn't look dirty to me :cloud9:. Looks like a nasty booboo on his hip.

So did Patron get a little treat after all?

AmericanBullMom
December 22nd, 2008, 01:53 PM
It's not a cut. It's just a scrape. He slid into the corner of the wall....
He gets treats all the time...Turns out Grandma and Grandpa have been sneaking him people treats all the time. NO WONDER he's been having allergy issues... the half Turkey Sandwish he shared with Grandpa PROBABLY wasnt what he needed....

And my mother WONDERS why her Labs are so overweight...

Love4himies
December 22nd, 2008, 01:56 PM
Awww grandma and gandpa want to be nice, but they should respect your wishes and Patron's health.

AmericanBullMom
December 22nd, 2008, 02:04 PM
yeah not to mention his poor tummy! He has NEVER had any people food, and now...well I'm sure you can imagine the sounds his tummy have been making with all these new goodys he's been eating. NOT to mention the Stuffies he's been de-stuffing...
I'll be glad to be moved back up with DF where our dogs dont get anything with stuffing, and NO people food!

AmericanBullMom
December 22nd, 2008, 02:07 PM
Since I put up a pic of him standing, Does he look Skinny at all to you?

He's getting two and half cups of the Wellness Core twice a day and he just isnt gaining any weight. I think he looks good, very fit, and so does the vet, but my mom keeps saying he's too skinny. Course at one point her Chocolate Lab weighed in at 145lbs....

Look healthy to you? Other than nice little Hives on his legs?
Oh how I LOVE his grass allergies.:wall:

JennieV
December 22nd, 2008, 07:45 PM
He looks AWESOME to me! I mean, a truly beautiful, healthy dog! At least thats how i see him. I do not think he needs extra-padding

Frenchy
December 22nd, 2008, 08:41 PM
Snuggling pups are always cute ! :cloud9:

Love the third pic :D

mollywog
December 22nd, 2008, 10:24 PM
what a good boy! I think he looks like he is at a very healthy weight... my mom is the same way with Molly, always trying to sneak her some treats and telling me that I don't feed her enough! I guess it's a "mom" thing!? :shrug:

angeldogs
December 22nd, 2008, 10:51 PM
He's one super handsome boy.

luckypenny
December 22nd, 2008, 11:41 PM
I think he looks just perfect :cloud9:.

rainbow
December 22nd, 2008, 11:50 PM
I think he looks just perfect too :cloud9: and give his booboo a kiss for me. :grouphug:

Scuba
December 23rd, 2008, 01:39 AM
I can just see the faintest outlines of Parton's last couple of ribs, which is a good indicator that he is at a good weight for him. On top of that he is not putting on extra weight on the amount that you are feeding him, I would have to say that you have found his ideal weight.

He does seem very intrigued by whats happening on top of the stove.:D

AmericanBullMom
December 23rd, 2008, 08:26 AM
Good! I hate to think that he might STARVE to death or something :rolleyes:...
I think he looks great!
And I have decided that they bred him down with a boxer. He has the boxer Underbite, and Pure ABDs should have a scissor bite. Or... Like everyone else says, he's inbred, and is just "special"....