Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Have you finished shopping for your pets?

ancientgirl
December 21st, 2008, 12:40 PM
This morning I needed to do a few errands, and one of them was going to Petsmart. They're having a sale on toys so I figured I'd go there. I went to Target and before going to Petsmart, I decided to go to Petco first, since it's closer.

I hit the jackpot!!!! There was a table in front of the store that had a sign "Everything on this table 25 cents."

Ack!

I got them 4 toys each. I stuffed their little stockings, and got some extra treats so I can put them in the stockings. 5 of the toys had at one time been $3.99 and the others were selling for $1.49 at one time as well.

I was thrilled! Now I can throw away some of the ones lying around that have seen better days.

They also have a cute little scratcher type thing I have to build. My friend gave it to me for them, before she left to NC with her family. I thought it was nice that she got something for them.

So they should have a nice little Christmas this year.

What do you guys have planned for your gang?

hazelrunpack
December 21st, 2008, 01:55 PM
All our Christmas money went to vet bills this year :rolleyes: So we'll give them a little turkey in their Christmas meal and spend lots of time out playing with them in the yard for the whole holiday time (hubby has W - Sunday off). That's what they like best, anyway--time with Mom and Dad :thumbs up

ancientgirl
December 21st, 2008, 02:03 PM
Oh yeah, time with mom and dad is fun too. I'm looking forward to spending plenty of time with my gang.:D I got very lucky today though. I got them all a bunch of little toys for less than $6.00.

hazelrunpack
December 21st, 2008, 02:07 PM
I'd spend as much in gas just to get to the store! :laughing:

ancientgirl
December 21st, 2008, 02:12 PM
Oy, no wonder you have a slow connection, you live in the boonies.:laughing:

rainbow
December 21st, 2008, 02:13 PM
WOW....you did hit the jackpot for your little russian gang. :thumbs up

Nothing ever goes on sale here until after Christmas. :rolleyes:

I am going to get to go to the petstore tomorrow though (without hubby, thank dog) so hopefully I will find a little something. They won't be getting much though again this year due to our crappy circumstances. :o :frustrated:

ancientgirl
December 21st, 2008, 02:27 PM
I was really surprised. I didn't expect that table with so much good stuff. Had it not been for that table, all I would have been able to get was one of those packages with a few toys for like $4.00. But I managed to get a lot more than the package I had in my hand.

My dad came by yesterday and gave me some money for Christmas, so I used some of that to get them some toys, snacks and litter. If I get a bonus at work, I want to get them a new inexpensive kitty condo.:D

rainbow
December 21st, 2008, 02:43 PM
It's always so nice when you find unexpected sale prices. :cloud9: Last year I was in the supermarket and found two large kongs for the dogs marked down to 2.99 apiece. :thumbs up I never would have thought to find something like that there. :D

Hope you get a good bonus from work. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
December 21st, 2008, 02:51 PM
Oh, ya! A bonus would be great! :goodvibes: They'd really like the kitty condo, that's for sure! :cat:

ancientgirl
December 21st, 2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah, I want to get them some new stuff and just throw out some old things. all the little toys around the floor are going in the garbage when I go to bed on Christmas Eve. So they will have new stuff to play with.

A new kitty condo would be a nice place for them to hang out on for the new year.

rainbow
December 21st, 2008, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I want to get them some new stuff and just throw out some old things. all the little toys around the floor are going in the garbage when I go to bed on Christmas Eve. So they will have new stuff to play with.

A new kitty condo would be a nice place for them to hang out on for the new year.

Are the old toys still suitable enough to give to a shelter? :thumbs up

A good way to start off the new year.....maybe the condos will go on sale after xmas. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
December 21st, 2008, 03:39 PM
Are the old toys still suitable enough to give to a shelter? :thumbs up

A good way to start off the new year.....maybe the condos will go on sale after xmas. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Unfortunately, they aren't in great shape. But seeing as maybe things will go on sale after Christmas, maybe I can get some and take to a shelter anyway. I know my vet's office always has strays and kittens they take care of. I can give some to them, since they really don't keep any toys there for their kittens.

Since I'm going to be off, I can go to a few places after Christmas to see what sales are out there.

chico2
December 21st, 2008, 04:02 PM
I actually have not bought anything for my cats this year,they've got tons of stuff and don't really care about them,maybe I'll just get them the little cat-nip pillows they like so much.
They'll love to get some turkey,though:cat:
I have 2 big cat-trees and they love them.
Oh,and by the way,we never have a 25cents sale:yell:
I wish they were still selling kitty-kongs,but I cannot find them anywhere:shrug:

ancientgirl
December 21st, 2008, 04:06 PM
I still have to get my Tofurkey, so I think I'm going to get my gang some turkey. They'll enjoy that.

Chico, I lucked out. I didn't even plan on going there today.

chico2
December 21st, 2008, 04:08 PM
Awww AG,Tofu-turkey sounds horrible:laughing:

ancientgirl
December 21st, 2008, 04:44 PM
Awww AG,Tofu-turkey sounds horrible:laughing:

Chico, when I bought it for Thanksgiving, I thought the same thing. But I made it, it came with gravy, and I made some brown rice. It was actually really good!. Of course, you kind of have to at least like tofu a little.:laughing:

Last week I had some BBQ Seitan, which was really really good. I'm trying to embrace all these things, Tofu, Seitan, Tempeh, because there's only so much rice, pasta and salad you can eat when you're a vegetarian.:D

Etown_Chick
December 21st, 2008, 04:49 PM
For his Christmas present, Scruffy and his doggy neighbor, Barkely, are going to have lunch at the Doggy Style Deli - it's seriously a restaurant for dogs!
Humans are allowed in but they have to bring their own food if they want to eat (health regulations).
Never been but it sounds like a blast!

ancientgirl
December 21st, 2008, 05:24 PM
For his Christmas present, Scruffy and his doggy neighbor, Barkely, are going to have lunch at the Doggy Style Deli - it's seriously a restaurant for dogs!
Humans are allowed in but they have to bring their own food if they want to eat (health regulations).
Never been but it sounds like a blast!

Wow, that sounds amazingly cool! Is there a website? You'd have to take pictures for us!

danam314
December 21st, 2008, 05:54 PM
I wish I could find a 25 cent sale too!!!

My fur babies are getting a new home for Christmas :laughing: and lots of new home smells. Actually, I got Koda one of those "squirrel in a tree" toys, and Mikey will get some new toy mice and cat nip pillows!

Etown chick - Where is that restaurant?? Is it in Edmonton??

kathryn
December 21st, 2008, 08:33 PM
So tofurky IS good? :laughing: everyone is always trying to feed it to me, but like in the way of 'hahaha you eat tofu you weirdo'. :rolleyes:

Anyways, yup I' about finished shopping for them. The last thing I have to do is uhh... buy them some FOOD :laughing::laughing: yeah, kinda got caught up in stuff and bought them some toys but forgot to buy them food. Got a few cans to hold them over and some scrambled eggs mixed in :o

My boss gave all the employees a $25 gift card!!! I'm going to give him a huge thing of cookies because he's awesome and puts up with my nonsense :D

I bought them a stocking of toys from PetSmart, a few toys from a store I like on Ebay and some random stuff from work

I got them a YEOWWW catnip candy cane... that brand is super expensive but they have cute catnip toys. Also seems like stuff that would hold up really well.
http://www.duckyworld.com/index.htm

luckypenny
December 21st, 2008, 09:16 PM
I could never finish shopping for our dogs :D. It's the only kind of shopping I enjoy :o.

I got something novel they haven't had before, the IQube plush puzzle toy and the plush Leo with plush stuffies. More Skineez cuz they managed to shred their old ones, stuffing free Fleece Flatties (an elephant, a hippo, and a camel), Kong Air Dog Sqeakers, and Pentapulls (they shred their old ones too but not after at least 6 months of good tugs and chewing sessions).

Dh shops for every one else's gifts. That kind of shopping I don't enjoy, lol.

rainbow
December 21st, 2008, 09:43 PM
Ummm....what are Fleece Flatties and Pentapulls? :D

luckypenny
December 21st, 2008, 09:47 PM
http://www.overstock.com/Gifts-Flowers/Fleece-Flatties-Stuffingless-Dog-Toys/3659001/product.html

http://www.thecleverk9.ca/pentapulls.html

You can't have just one :D.

luckypenny
December 21st, 2008, 09:50 PM
Btw, the Fleece Flatties are much cheaper at the store I got them at.

And I just realized, they'd be so easy to make if one's handy with a sewing machine. You can get the imitation fleece at a fabric store and some replacement squeakers to sew inside your design. Hmm, a great craft project.

krdahmer
December 21st, 2008, 09:57 PM
Aw I love finding bargoons like that! This year I got them some new catnip toys and some more mice to hide under the fridge, but since Fagan was having a rough week they got them all last week, and most of the mice are already MIA!:rolleyes: There big present this year is me!!!:D And I am soooo excited, since I met hubby I have not spent one Christmas at home, over 6 years now, which means never a Christmas day with the kitties (we usually have dinner xmas eve with my family then leave for his parents first thing xmas day for a few days)... this year the dinner up there isn't until Saturday so I finally get to hang with the furballs all day!!! Hot chocolate, pj's, xmas movies and purring kitties:cat:... now that sounds like a lovely christmas to me! :cloud9:

rainbow
December 21st, 2008, 10:03 PM
http://www.overstock.com/Gifts-Flowers/Fleece-Flatties-Stuffingless-Dog-Toys/3659001/product.html

http://www.thecleverk9.ca/pentapulls.html

You can't have just one :D.

I'd like the Fleece Flatties better if they came in colours. :thumbs up

I love the Pentapulls. :cool:

Btw, the Fleece Flatties are much cheaper at the store I got them at.

And I just realized, they'd be so easy to make if one's handy with a sewing machine. You can get the imitation fleece at a fabric store and some replacement squeakers to sew inside your design. Hmm, a great craft project.

LOL.....I don't have a "martha stuart" bone in my body. :o

kathryn
December 21st, 2008, 10:38 PM
Here is something for dog lovers

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=18869

sell these at work and they are very cheap and I don't really get the concept but they sell really well :shrug:

As for the 'Pentapulls' I have seen those as well and my co-worker is buying one for her doggie and likes the idea.

rainbow
December 21st, 2008, 11:52 PM
Here is something for dog lovers

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=18869

sell these at work and they are very cheap and I don't really get the concept but they sell really well :shrug:

Yep, Skinneeez .....my dogs love them. :thumbs up

clm
December 22nd, 2008, 05:57 AM
No xmas shopping for my gang. Every day is Christmas for them. :laughing:

Cindy

chico2
December 22nd, 2008, 06:54 AM
clm,that's what hubby says too,when I am glancing at some new toys:laughing:

ancientgirl
December 22nd, 2008, 07:54 AM
So tofurky IS good? :laughing: everyone is always trying to feed it to me, but like in the way of 'hahaha you eat tofu you weirdo'. :rolleyes:

Yep, I think it tastes pretty good.:D

Etown_Chick
December 22nd, 2008, 09:20 PM
penny
I got Scruffy the IQube. He figured it out fairly quickly and quite likes it. He's chewed it a lot and so far no holes anywhere.
But it's so soft and fuzzy teh drool stays on top of the fabric, making it kinda gross..:(

As for the doggie deli, they don't seem to have a website, but I will do my best to take pictures! I can't wait. It sounds like a blast, and with this weather, the doggies haven't been out much and are going nuts.

angeldogs
December 22nd, 2008, 09:31 PM
I got Jag another cuz.he is missing 3 of 4 due to kids throwing over fence.and he destroys everything else and got him some treats.

kathryn
December 22nd, 2008, 10:05 PM
More gift ideas for dog lovers:
http://www.planetdog.com/

Made in the USA and they are pretty darn cool! I dunno if I mentioned them before. If I had a dog I'd buy these! They smell like mint and bounce and are just the weirdest dog toys ever.

Plus they have an adoption campaign.

http://www.planetdog.com/about/adopt/kiss_me.aspx

Dunno if it's good outside the US though.