Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I am tired...

TacoGrl
December 20th, 2008, 10:47 AM
...of drivers around here!

Not bad in the summer cuz you can avoid them quickly, BUT in this weather, there they are and nothing you can do!!!

I went for a coffee this morning and sat there behind someone who first of all stopped when there was no stop sign, second was halfway in the opposing lane when stopped, thirdly got stuck, fourth sat there spinning his wheels making smoke!

A few of us got out to offer assistance, but guy was an idiot to us so we told him he just needed to give it more gas and laughed. Soon a cop came by to see what the commotion was and the guy told him to **** off...he ended up being towed cuz he had outstanding tickets...if you have outstanding tickets, why would you draw attention to yourself???

I am home now all cozy and warm. :)

sugarcatmom
December 20th, 2008, 11:53 AM
...of drivers around here!

OMG, don't even get me started!!!! Not a day goes by that I'm not shaking my head in disbelief at the level of moronitude of Calgary drivers. I've driven in a substantial number of big cities over the years and nothing comes close to how bad it can be here. Between the cell phone yappers and "I-Drive-a-Big-Truck" attitudes and those that got their license from a Cracker-Jack box, it's no wonder I have high blood pressure. I'm not usually prone to road-rage, but some days......ARGHHH!!!! *shakes fist*...... And get some friggin winter tires people!!!

pbpatti
December 20th, 2008, 12:57 PM
and I thought that it was the Edmonton drivers that were the biggest as:censored:es, ypu I am big guy I got 4 x 4 and I can go anywhere...

Maxine
December 20th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I thought the worse drivers were in Montreal :shrug:

i guess it's like an epidemia

Frenchy
December 20th, 2008, 02:06 PM
And get some friggin winter tires people!!!

I'm so glad it's the law here now ! :thumbs up but now they don't clean up our roads :wall:

I thought the worse drivers were in Montreal :shrug:

i guess it's like an epidemia

Yes Quebecers .... :eek:

rainbow
December 20th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I'm so glad it's the law here now ! :thumbs up but now they don't clean up our roads :wall:

I agree. :thumbs up If they looked after the roads better (like they used to) then things wouldn't be as bad. :frustrated:

TacoGrl
December 20th, 2008, 10:11 PM
The roads here are something else too! Ice EVERYWHERE and the "Mayor" with his lapdog Head of Roads were on TV last night acting the fools....blah blah blah...mayor says he has noticed the roads unusually icy this year, but what can you do? he says with his dorky grin :rolleyes: The Head of Roads said it wasn't his mandate to clear the ice (or even sand it I think) and told us all the ownus was on us to drive accordingly. :rolleyes: Now we have multi-novas attached to our red light cameras...this should be fun!

It's like a derby here...all the fools speeding around, sliding around, smashing into everyone BUT each other!

Frenchy
December 20th, 2008, 10:16 PM
I read in our local paper that police couldn't believe how people were driving because in my area , 8 people got in a ditch in one same afternoon , in a curve .... :confused: how about putting sand (they can't put salt here because it's agricultural area) but they could still put freaking sand :wall: they did say the curve was sheer ice :wall:

clm
December 21st, 2008, 07:08 AM
The same everywhere I'm afraid. We had got that storm on Friday, all over by early Friday evening, went out shopping around 9:00 Saturday morning and a lot of the main roads were still snow covered and very slippery. :confused: Then you hear about all the accidents on the radio because of the slippery roads and in the same breath how good the road crews had done to clear the main roads. :wall: In the midst of getting yet another good whallop of snow here. At least we don't have to go anywhere today.

Cindy

chico2
December 21st, 2008, 08:20 AM
I don't think snow-tires should be mandatory for everyone,especially not for people like us,we just don't drive if it's really bad out there,we are retired,it would just be another big expense forced upon us.
I am hoping people who live in bad areas can make up their own mind to be safe,for themselves and others.
We live on a main road,it's always plowed first and we drive a 4x4(not a gas-guzzler),new all-season tires,we are not going to spend $1.000 on snow-tires:yell:

TacoGrl
December 21st, 2008, 11:05 AM
There is a shortage (I have been trying since Sept) of snow tires because for some reason, the manufacturers didn't know about the new law in Quebec??? You would think they would keep up with stuff like this...they are loosing money cuz the rest of us would like some too and they sure could have sold a lot of them this year!

Frenchy
December 21st, 2008, 11:10 AM
Started to snow here an hour ago .... 20 - 30 cms .... :yell:

I wouldn't mind if I didn't have to go to work ... If I didn't have to use the car , if I had all the time in the world to shovel .... because it is beautiful right now. Just not practical :laughing:

clm
December 21st, 2008, 12:00 PM
I don't think snow-tires should be mandatory for everyone,especially not for people like us,we just don't drive if it's really bad out there,we are retired,it would just be another big expense forced upon us.
I am hoping people who live in bad areas can make up their own mind to be safe,for themselves and others.
We live on a main road,it's always plowed first and we drive a 4x4(not a gas-guzzler),new all-season tires,we are not going to spend $1.000 on snow-tires:yell:

I doubt they'll ever make them manditory in Ontario, but if they ever did, I would just get snows and use them year round. No way I could buy 2 sets of tires for 2 or 3 cars and store them on top of that. You can drive perfectly well without them, you just need to use some common sense.

Cindy

chico2
December 21st, 2008, 12:07 PM
clm,yes,I heard McGuinty say it would not happen here in Ontario.
Quebec usually get more snow than we do.

Frenchy
December 21st, 2008, 12:11 PM
This is what it looks like here right now , and they say the worse is too come later this afternoon , visibility is already ... almost none !

chico2
December 21st, 2008, 12:19 PM
Frenchy,I think you are getting what we had,it looks like that in my backyard too..

Frenchy
December 21st, 2008, 12:31 PM
Frenchy,I think you are getting what we had,it looks like that in my backyard too..

But why are we always getting more ? :yell: You would think the load would be smaller since you guys already had a part of it ? :cool: they keep saying 25 cms ... and more tomorrow morning ... I need a 4X4 :laughing:

kiara
December 21st, 2008, 02:49 PM
First major snow storm today and since we already went out to visit a family member, on our way home we went for a short drive to the waterfront. I cannot understand why some people would still tailgate and speed, especially when it is dangerous and slippery? Even though you may be a good driver and an honest law obiding citizen, some nut can put you in a wheelchair or worse still, kill you. Everytime I see a student driver I think to myself "you poor kid, just be careful out there, your life is at risk, especially as you are not yet an experienced driver".

chico2
December 21st, 2008, 04:42 PM
Kiara,I agree,I see people going down our street at high speed,no matter what,if they would have to stop,tragedy would happen:yell:
People are just sooo stupid,I'll stick with my animals.

Frenchy,we used to have a big Jeep Cherokee(V8) and I absolutely loved it,I could drive in 2 feet of snow,we traded our 2 cars in,when we retired and got one Volvo Crosscountry,also very good in snow,but since we don't work anymore,if it's really bad,we don't drive,why take a chance:shrug:

Chris21711
December 22nd, 2008, 11:46 AM
clm,yes,I heard McGuinty say it would not happen here in Ontario.
Quebec usually get more snow than we do.

You actually believe that man Chico :confused: Remember when he said no new taxes, then we got slapped with a new health tax :rolleyes:

Love4himies
December 22nd, 2008, 12:05 PM

I agree with you Chico. I personally have winter tires because I commute on the 401 to work and feel I should be a responsible driver and do what I can to minimize the chances of an accident occuring. For those who are retired and can pick and choose when they go out then, they don't need them. It is too bad that the Gov't has to legislate common sense.

I remember those "I gotta big 4x4 and can drive as fast as I want" drivers in Edm, only to see them in the ditch a few kms down the road :frustrated:

For those in the East, Edm does not clear the residental streets and most times it is too cold for salt to work on the roads. In the exteme cold, black ice forms like a grease on the roads making it very slippery.

Love4himies
December 22nd, 2008, 12:14 PM
You actually believe that man Chico :confused: Remember when he said no new taxes, then we got slapped with a new health tax :rolleyes:

I have not forgotten that one. DH has to pay it and he doesn't get ON health care because he is in the miltary. :evil: :mad: