Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

No Help AT ALL!!

want4rain
December 19th, 2008, 10:25 AM
when do you do in the proper education of a 2.5 yo in how to be polite to a cat when the cat(or in this case cats) are no danged help at all?!?! they could make some motion to avoid him or move away when he gives them one of those flattening hugs.... meow?? id even be ok with a little scratch of bite but NOOOOO they WANT attention and affection from him, even if its heavy handed!!!

if they could just not SEEK him out.... it would be nice, helpful. -sigh-

-ash

bendyfoot
December 19th, 2008, 10:28 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Bad ol' kittehs, how DARE they enjoy suffocation-by-toddler? :laughing:

Bring him over to my house Boo and Solomon will school him in proper etiquette. :D

want4rain
December 19th, 2008, 10:32 AM
oh my gosh... Jeffrey was just trying to pick Shadows boogers out of his nose. except Shadows too small and there are no boogers!!! i locked him in the upstairs with the rest of the cat clan. -sigh-

-ash

clm
December 19th, 2008, 10:41 AM
:laughing: Too cute. I've never had to deal with animals and kids, but the pups have been rough with the cats from the get go. The cats avoid them with the exception of Gabby, who despite being mauled, loves the attention and seems to encourage the behaviour. She's never been hurt by them, but she's so much smaller and they are rough when playing. I can't tell you how often I have to pick her up and put her downstairs to stop her from getting mauled. :laughing: She loves the dogs and they love her but it scares the crap out of me. :laughing:

Cindy

Jim Hall
December 19th, 2008, 12:14 PM
so whats the problem if the cats dont mind and the kid doesnt mind? mine used to rough the cat up all the time and the cat would take it wouldnt take it from the adults but the kid no problem

want4rain
December 19th, 2008, 07:16 PM
yeah i know... ill keep banging my head on the wall and hope the kid gives in before the cat does. :)

-ash

TacoGrl
December 19th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Hillarious!

It is amazing how much a cat will put up with, but try to bath them or give them medicine! :rolleyes:

mummummum
December 19th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Ahhh the W4R vs. name any cat vs Jeffrey vs. Mr. ~ missed you guys !!!!

Hey kiddo cartoons how the h*ll -are-ya?

For anyone else who's "listening", this woman has survived "Mister" ~ and for in my books she gets supreme credit. :P

Okay, so, here's news ~ YOU don't explain things properly, never have love.

Give us the the blow-by-blow, the step by step.

want4rain
December 19th, 2008, 08:46 PM
-hands on hips- ill have you know MISTER survived ME and has since turned into the most(ly) wonderful dog ever. :D

the two boy cats of the house really dig the kids. Shadow is the one thats been on my personal s**t list for a few years now for being so skittish at times. he has almost taken 3 eyes out (different occasions if youre doing the math) and seemingly randomly freaks out over the strangest things.

he has -always- been Cailyns cat... and seems to have similarly taken to Jeffrey. Hunter also seems to have no real ability to seek cover from Jeffrey. we patiently work on teaching him how to pet, not squish the cats... but he is at that stage... you know 2yo pushing-buttons stage. thankfully MOST of the time i can just remove said cat from wherever it is Jeffrey is at and peace is restored. every once in a while they will seek him out for their squishing. maybe it feels good??? ill try to get a picture one of these times.

sado masochist cats??

otherwise we are doing fantastic! we're expecting again... due April 21st. next ultra sound is in a week or two. wish me luck!! after this KID im gonna need it!!

-ash

Frenchy
December 19th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Jeffrey was just trying to pick Shadows boogers out of his nose. i locked him in the upstairs with the rest of the cat clan.

omg she locked up the kid ? :eek:

:laughing:

My sister had an :evil: cat , a beautiful white female with blue eyes. Would attack if you would approach. Anyone. Everytime. So when my sister had her first baby and my niece first started to walk (well , I mean on all 4) the cat would be there and wouldn't run away from the baby .... I was there once , hold my breath and motion to my sis , who laughed at me. The cat let my baby niece to whatever to her !!!

want4rain
December 19th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Frenchy.... you have no idea... there are days where i wish i could leash Jeffrey to me like i did the dog!!! or maybe leash him to the wall??? yeah.... the wall sounds better.

-ash

Frenchy
December 19th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Frenchy.... you have no idea... there are days where i wish i could leash Jeffrey to me like i did the dog!!! or maybe leash him to the wall??? yeah.... the wall sounds better.

-ash

I remember a couple of years ago , they used to sell what look like leash for kids !!! It looked like a rubber spring moms would tie to themselves and attach their kids on the other end .... can't believe they made those ! :laughing:

14+kitties
December 19th, 2008, 11:01 PM
I would think let Jeffrey and the cat(s) do what they must. If the cat(s) are putting up with it and not running away then they can't be too traumatized. I am sure you have taught Jeffrey "gentle" and "be nice" so there isn't much else you can do. :shrug:
When my kids were small and I had a child care in my home I had Pepe :rip:. If he didn't like what the kids were doing he took off for the top of the kitchen cupboards to hide out. He always loved to sleep on top of my stove (gas) in the kitchen until one day one of the kids I had in my child care turned one of the burners on and he got his tail burned. After than he tended to stay away from the stove. He lived to be just a month short of 19.

want4rain
December 20th, 2008, 11:09 AM
yeah, Jeffrey is the most restricted creature in the house right now. he gets free access to his room, our room, the landing, the stairs and the living room. the dog gets the same as Jeffrey but add the kitchen, take away the up stairs and the cats get the whole house. the only one who limits herself is Frances cause she wont jump baby gates (who knows!!!) so they all have somewhere to hide or get away from him... but the two boys choose not to.

yeah our version of 'gentle' is 'CHILD IF YOU SQUISH THAT CAT AGAIN IM GOING TO FEED YOU TO THE MONSTER!!' we have a bridge over the creek that has a monster living under it. too bad he doesnt take that too seriously. :laughing:

in all honesty he isnt all that bad with them. i just fear the day he WILL squish them or chase one off the landing. they can just barely fit between the wall and the net. or poke an eye out... or pick their noses/ears/butts...

-ashley