Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It's a Blizzard!!

Stacer
December 19th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Woke up this morning to a weird constant knocking, looked out the bedroom window and BAM! there was a full blown blizzard outside.

Turned out the knocking was the flaps from my stovetop exhaust vent smacking around in the wind. Very annoying.

I love a really good snowstorm (I'm off work so I don't have to drive in it! :D)

Can't wait ot take Skylar outside, but I think I'll wait until the wind dies down a bit.

Love4himies
December 19th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Means a short day at work for me :D. Am thinking about leaving at noon today.

Melinda
December 19th, 2008, 11:17 AM
she loved the snow here Stacer, her and Brina would dive into it headfirst, wrestle and Skylar would slide down the hill with Larry, so enjoy, wait till she starts her "jack rabbit" hopping *L*

hazelrunpack
December 19th, 2008, 11:29 AM
It's SNOWtime! :D You gonna get some pics of snow zoomies, Stacer? :fingerscr

clm
December 19th, 2008, 11:48 AM
I don't have to go anywhere today.:D It's one heck of a storm so far. The boys have been out a few times, but they're used to sleeping during the day while we're at work, so they've just come back in for their nap. :sleepy: Bentley was mighty excited when we first went out, he was bouncing all over the place. :laughing: I'll have to try to get some pics of them later.
Poor DH had to drive out to Hamilton this morning, I talked to him an hour ago, he was heading back. Normally about an hour from here. I'm figuring 2 or 3 times that today.

Cindy

chico2
December 19th, 2008, 12:57 PM
OMG,this is a storm all right,but still many cars are on the road,I am not going anywhere,cats did not even come out.
We just feed our outdoor critters,then back inside.
Here are a couple of pics,it does not really show how windy it is...

angeldogs
December 19th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Means a short day at work for me :D. Am thinking about leaving at noon today.

Walked into work and sent me home.we will see if we get the 50cm they are calling for by monday.

Love4himies
December 19th, 2008, 01:12 PM
You are lucky angeldogs, I live 40 km from work. I can bike home in the summer though.

Jasper didn't want to go in the snow today, -20 before the windchill is a bit too cold for him.

angeldogs
December 19th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Lucky i'am.kids still had to go to school.
i don't blame Jasper at all.i hate the cold too.

Spatx
December 19th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Maybe I'm nuts, but I've already been out in the middle of the snow. Although it wasn't too bad when I went in the yard since it's protected from the wind, but my hands froze really fast.

Nova says: "Here, Has some snow!"

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3183/3120121751_dcb6cc4c51.jpg

:laughing:

angeldogs
December 19th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Cute pic.it's real windy here.i had to snowblow the driveway and by the time i was done my beard was ice.

Diamondsmum
December 19th, 2008, 01:47 PM
lol spatx diamond wont go out she tried 3x and nope no go lol

Chris21711
December 19th, 2008, 01:49 PM
It is really windy here too, easterly, "they" say that the brunt of it will be along Lake Ontario and South Western Ontario, hopefully they are right.

Spatx
December 19th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Awww, Diamond :cloud9:

Cody went outside for a short while, but the snow clumped inbetween his toes and he wanted back inside. He's spending the rest of the afternoon warm on the couch. I think he has the right idea!

Chris21711
December 19th, 2008, 01:51 PM
You are lucky angeldogs, I live 40 km from work. I can bike home in the summer though.

Jasper didn't want to go in the snow today, -20 before the windchill is a bit too cold for him.

What are those birds in your pic L4H?

Love4himies
December 19th, 2008, 01:53 PM

Wild Turkeys. We also have a group of about 30 that come :frustrated:. They poop all over the place :yuck:

Diamondsmum
December 19th, 2008, 01:53 PM
was just gonna ask that too

Wild turkeys?

Diamondsmum
December 19th, 2008, 01:58 PM
whoops posted at same time:)

Go train has cancelled a bunch of trains my 1 bro is hotelling it tonite

Love4himies
December 19th, 2008, 02:10 PM
whoops posted at same time:)

Go train has cancelled a bunch of trains my 1 bro is hotelling it tonite

:eek: I didn't know they would cancel go trains in a storm

Lukka'sma
December 19th, 2008, 02:16 PM
OMG turkey shots!!!!! I absolutely love wild turkey shots. One of my favorite birds

Diamondsmum
December 19th, 2008, 02:17 PM
yup here (http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_30272.aspx)

GO explains the changes are part of its storm plans, designed to limit the number of trains that have to cross over onto other tracks, reducing the kind of signal problems that have plagued the system for years.

Chris21711
December 19th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Wild Turkeys. We also have a group of about 30 that come :frustrated:. They poop all over the place :yuck:

Duh! brain fart. I see them often out back when I take the dogs there and crossing the road across from us.

14+kitties
December 19th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Yep, it's storming. :D I got sent home from work early today too. Store was pretty much deserted after 12 o'clock. I live on a "mountain" so the wind is a little worse than downtown. Am I ever glad hubby got the cathouse moved before this!

Diamondsmum
December 19th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Sid watching the Storm Diamond snoozing

Stacer
December 19th, 2008, 02:29 PM
she loved the snow here Stacer, her and Brina would dive into it headfirst, wrestle and Skylar would slide down the hill with Larry, so enjoy, wait till she starts her "jack rabbit" hopping *L*

We just got in from a lovely romp in the blizzard. We suited up in our snow gear and put the 20 ft lead on Skylar, who was decked out in her new jacket (opened an xmas present early).

She was absolutely hilarious, jackrabbit hopping is right Melinda! She was going nuts! She shoves her face deep in the snow and then pops up very quickly with snow all over her face, too cute. She's definitely a snow dog, yay!

We didn't take any pics this time as it was way too blustery to have a camera outside, once the wind and snow subsides we'll take some proper photos of her having fun in her new jacket.

I really can't believe that the storm has gone on for this long. It's awesome!

Chris21711
December 19th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Yep, it's storming. :D I got sent home from work early today too. Store was pretty much deserted after 12 o'clock. I live on a "mountain" so the wind is a little worse than downtown. Am I ever glad hubby got the cathouse moved before this!

Wipe that smile off of your face young lady :laughing: Yep, real good you managed to move the new house, mighty fine house too, I might add.

clm
December 19th, 2008, 02:34 PM
DH has been on the road home from Hamilton since 10:30 this morning. He's getting closer, but 4 hours later and he's not home yet.

Cindy

Melinda
December 19th, 2008, 02:42 PM
I can't believe it has passed us completely!!! not so much as a flake so far and we were under a 50 cm warning (by sunday) the wind is fierce and its -15c without the windchill....nice night to stay in side wrapping gifts. Stacer....makes me happy and a bit sad to hear how much fun Skylar is having....the two of them here last year were so much fun to watch.....can I say I miss her without making you feel bad?

TacoGrl
December 19th, 2008, 02:45 PM
It hasn't snowed here for almost a whole a day...I love the snow though! I wish I had a dog to go play in the snow with...I look kinda stupid playing in it by myself...the crazy lady down the street kind of crazy :crazy:

What gets me though is that we have been snowed under for a week and people still haven't figured out how to drive!!! We get snow EVERY year, so it is not NEW people! :wall:

Chaser
December 19th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Cute pics everyone :lovestruck:

I got the whole day off....we knew yesterday our office was just going to close for the whole day. Hubby got called into work at 6 a.m. though....busy time for EMS unfortunately.

The dogs are keeping cozy inside.....they love the snow once it's on the ground, but it's been difficult to get them to do their business in the wind. Kailey is terrified of the blowing snow and keeps trying to run away from it.....not fun for me since she's on a leash! :laughing: She kept hiding between my legs and wouldn't pee.

Tomorrow once it stops falling we'll go for a hike in the snow so they can play around in it and I can get some pictures :) Chase does the "jackrabbit" hop too Stacer!

Love4himies
December 19th, 2008, 03:14 PM
OMG turkey shots!!!!! I absolutely love wild turkey shots. One of my favorite birds

Send me your address, I'll send the group of 30 your way :laughing:. Jasper used to roll in their poop :yuck: :frustrated:.

I do miss Jake, he lived in my back yard last summer. Disappeared in Sept. :sad:. Last time I saw him we had quite a conversation. He was very talkative.

krdahmer
December 19th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Aw that one of Nova is just too cute! And I love your deer there Chico! But I am going to join those who were all snuggled indoors! I too was out today, a neighbour borrowed the snowblower and then was nice enough to teach me how to use it! (Hubby showed me but I wasn't really paying attention I guess cause I couldn't get the darn thing to go!) Not that all that work did much good, it's almost covered in again with the wind! :frustrated: I stood out for a bit, fed the birdies, threw some snowballs at Fagan watching me from the window (he loves watching the snow hit the window). I was covered in a fine layer of snow and ice when I finally came back in.... plus my work called and the store closed at 2, so not work tonight!!!! (who knew at 32 a snow day would still make you giddy!!:rolleyes::laughing:)

Melinda
December 19th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I can't believe it has passed us completely!!! not so much as a flake so far and we were under a 50 cm warning (by sunday) the wind is fierce and its -15c without the windchill....nice night to stay in side wrapping gifts. Stacer....makes me happy and a bit sad to hear how much fun Skylar is having....the two of them here last year were so much fun to watch.....can I say I miss her without making you feel bad?

me and my big mouth:frustrated:....now we're getting it big time.....:eek:

chico2
December 19th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Dahmer,not my deer:laughing:hubbies!
He would have put out his deer and the lights in mid november if I'd let him:yell:
I was outside twice clearing a path for the critters, filling the birdbath and shovelling the snow under the feeders so the Pigeons can eat.
I don't mind snow,but I do not like this:wall:

Diamondsmum
December 19th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Hubby plowing :) still getting pounded the wind is wicked

Love4himies
December 19th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Hubby looks like he is having a grand ol time. :laughing:

Stacer
December 19th, 2008, 05:06 PM

Aww Melinda, its OK, I don't feel bad. I know how much you love her. :lovestruck:

You'll see her again, I promise.

Love4himies
December 19th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Aww Melinda, its OK, I don't feel bad. I know how much you love her. :lovestruck:

You'll see her again, I promise.

I would feel better if you posted some pictures of skyler :lightbulb: :D

Lukka'sma
December 19th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Send me your address, I'll send the group of 30 your way :laughing:. Jasper used to roll in their poop :yuck: :frustrated:.

I do miss Jake, he lived in my back yard last summer. Disappeared in Sept. :sad:. Last time I saw him we had quite a conversation. He was very talkative.

:laughing:lucky for me we have an abundance of wild turkeys here and I get to take pics of them regularly.:D

Stacer
December 19th, 2008, 05:25 PM
L4H, I'll definitely take some good ones of her tomorrow when the snow stops coming down like a banshee.

Until then...Merry christmas.

Stacer
December 19th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Oh, that's a tad big, isn't it?

14+kitties
December 19th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Wipe that smile off of your face young lady :laughing: Yep, real good you managed to move the new house, mighty fine house too, I might add.

I was smiling mf because I managed to get home. I thought I was going to be stuck downtown knowing no one besides my SIL to stay with. No thanks, I'd rather not!! I didn't even have my purse with me today. Hubby took me to work.

And may I remind you that earlier you said............. "they" say that the brunt of it will be along Lake Ontario and South Western Ontario, hopefully they are right. Well, that is me hon. :p So yes, we are getting the brunt of it. Snow drifts up to my knees already and more to come on Sunday. And I am da@@ed glad to be home!!

And thanks for the compliment on the house. Hubby did good. :thumbs up

Frenchy
December 19th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Nova says: "Here, Has some snow!"

too cute :laughing:

We have them here too ! :crazy: Saw them every morning on my way to work. They're always in the same field.

Oh, that's a tad big, isn't it?

Not too big but I will say this about the pic : abuse !!! :yell:

:D

Stacer
December 20th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Not too big but I will say this about the pic : abuse !!! :yell::D

Oh c'mon, she's got a huge smile on her face, she loves those antlers. :cool:

Actually, it took a whole lotta treats and two of us to prevent her from pawing it off her head. Then she wanted to eat it :laughing:

Frenchy
December 20th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Oh c'mon, she's got a huge smile on her face,

yes I see it , she looks high on rescue remedy and maybe some cat nip too :laughing:

she's a darling :lovestruck:

TeriM
December 20th, 2008, 12:34 AM
I love that pic of Skylar with the antlers :lovestruck:, she looks sooo happy :cloud9:.

chico2
December 20th, 2008, 08:28 AM
It's pretty out there,I just went out in my housecoat and boots took these pics...it looks really nice out there,except for the wall of snow the snowplow left at the end of our drive-way:yell::wall:

Love4himies
December 20th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Stacer, boy I can't believe that is the same dog Melinda rescued. He is looking so healthy now :cloud9: :lovestruck:

angeldogs
December 20th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Stacer, boy I can't believe that is the same dog Melinda rescued. He is looking so healthy now :cloud9: :lovestruck:

I know totally different dog.

We have a break in the snow falling today.but more tommorow.snowblowed the drive twice yesterday.

Love4himies
December 20th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Arrrrg it is suppose to start all over again tonigh :yell: :mad:

Love4himies
December 20th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Your yard is very pretty with the snow Chico. :lovestruck:

Stacer
December 20th, 2008, 10:36 AM

I know totally different dog.

She amazes me everyday, really. I often look at the first photos Melinda took of her and I can't believe how far she's come from that wrack of bones on the brink of death, to the happy, healthy, active dog she is today.

I love that pic of Skylar with the antlers :lovestruck:, she looks sooo happy :cloud9:.

That look of happiness was caught at just the right moment when DH had a cookie pointed in her direction! :laughing:

yes I see it , she looks high on rescue remedy and maybe some cat nip too :laughing: she's a darling :lovestruck:

You caught me red handed Frenchy, she is so high that afterwards she collapsed on the floor in a drug induced haze and demanded that we bring her munchies.