-->

Waiting For santa

breeze
December 17th, 2008, 07:01 PM
And A Cookie of course..

rainbow
December 17th, 2008, 07:09 PM
I just LOVE that photo and I hope you get it framed. :cloud9:

Archer is getting sooo big :lovestruck: and they are both absolutely gorgeous. :flirt:

And, they both deserve an extra cookie for posing like that. :cloud9:

breeze
December 17th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I just LOVE that photo and I hope you get it framed. :cloud9:

Archer is getting sooo big :lovestruck: and they are both absolutely gorgeous. :flirt:

And, they both deserve an extra cookie for posing like that. :cloud9:

they did get an extra cookie:thumbs up

Archie is 64lbs and bree is 77 lbs :lovestruck:
and he is only 5 1/2 months :eek::cloud9:

meg4050
December 17th, 2008, 07:14 PM
OMG too adorable. OK I guess I could bring some cookies there :D

rainbow
December 17th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Archer is going to be one big handsome boy. :eek: :cloud9:

He must have convinced Bree to finally gain a few pounds......she is looking really good. :lovestruck:

breeze
December 17th, 2008, 07:26 PM
OMG too adorable. OK I guess I could bring some cookies there :D

for the doggies AND me?? :D

Archer is going to be one big handsome boy. :eek: :cloud9:

He must have convinced Bree to finally gain a few pounds......she is looking really good. :lovestruck:

Archer is such a piggie, so now Bree has to compete..:laughing:

rainbow
December 17th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Archer is such a piggie, so now Bree has to compete..:laughing:

You must go through alot of dog food. :eek:

Are they both able to eat the same brand? :fingerscr

rainbow
December 17th, 2008, 07:42 PM
:headslap: Oh wait....what am I thinking. Archer is eating a puppy formula and Bree is on an adult formula so it doesn't really make much difference now. :o

breeze
December 17th, 2008, 07:43 PM
You must go through alot of dog food. :eek:

Are they both able to eat the same brand? :fingerscr

yup... we took a long time switching and finding the right food that she could eat.. but Archer is eating me out of house and home..:laughing:

we go through about 12 cups a day between the 2 of them and cookies of course.. but I'm still careful with Bree what she gets..

breeze
December 17th, 2008, 07:44 PM
:headslap: Oh wait....what am I thinking. Archer is eating a puppy formula and Bree is on an adult formula so it doesn't really make much difference now. :o

no..... they are both on adult food..

26% protien instead of 28% thats the only diff..

rainbow
December 17th, 2008, 07:47 PM
no..... they are both on adult food..

26% protien instead of 28% thats the only diff..

Shouldn't Archer still be on a puppy formula or did your breeder advise otherwise?

breeze
December 17th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Shouldn't Archer still be on a puppy formula or did your breeder advise otherwise?

no the breeder said that 28% was to high so we looked into the adult one and when we metioned 26% to her she said no problem.. all the other ingredenace is the same just a bit lower protien.. as long as he is still gaining the weight no worries..

he is gaining about 2-4lbs a week..

rainbow
December 17th, 2008, 07:57 PM
no the breeder said that 28% was to high so we looked into the adult one and when we metioned 26% to her she said no problem.. all the other ingredenace is the same just a bit lower protien.. as long as he is still gaining the weight no worries..

he is gaining about 2-4lbs a week..

Breeze, it is NOT the protein that matters it is the calcium and especially the phosphorus that does. I posted a thread about it in the dog food forum....I'll go see if I can find it. In the meantime you can read what is said on the dogaware website....

http://www.dogaware.com/

Click on "Dog Feeding Info" and then scroll down to "High-Protein Diets."

rainbow
December 17th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Here's the thread....

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=48372&highlight=high+protein+dog+food

breeze
December 17th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I'm feeding "NOW"

http://www.petcurean.com/index.php?page_id=160 adult

and here is the puppy one..

http://www.petcurean.com/index.php?page_id=157

the calcium
and the
phosphorus

are the same.. no??

rainbow
December 17th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Yes, they are the same but the fat and calories are more in the puppy formula which is what Archer also needs. How much of the Adult Formula are you feeding him?

breeze
December 17th, 2008, 08:32 PM
about 6-7 cups a day..

rainbow
December 17th, 2008, 08:41 PM
about 6-7 cups a day..

That's how much he should be getting of the puppy food.

breeze
December 17th, 2008, 08:49 PM
That's how much he should be getting of the puppy food.

so now what do I do?? up his food or go back to the puppy food??

Chaser
December 17th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Beautiful :lovestruck:

Archer is huge!

hazelrunpack
December 17th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I'm having trouble opening the food links, so I'm not sure if the issue of the big breed is addressed. Big breed pups have different requirements to keep them from growing too quickly--to insure proper joint formation. So you'll want to tailor your search to something geared toward big breeds... Do they talk about that at all in the links, rainbow?

hazelrunpack
December 17th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Argh! :yell: I hate how I can't open links. :frustrated:

hazelrunpack
December 17th, 2008, 10:24 PM
And then I totally forget to comment on the lovely picture of Bree and Archer. :o

:flirt:

In my defense, it didn't download right away so I read the rest of the thread while I waited for the picture to show. :o

Bree has a very wise look to her--very grown up now that she has a little brother to keep under paw... :D

TeriM
December 18th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Bree and Archer together :cloud9:, I love that pic :lovestruck:. Good to see ya back Breeze :thumbs up.

rainbow
December 18th, 2008, 01:38 AM
so now what do I do?? up his food or go back to the puppy food??

I would go back to the puppy food but I am far from an expert on this. :o You should post a thread in the food forum and ask others for their opinions. :thumbs up

I'm having trouble opening the food links, so I'm not sure if the issue of the big breed is addressed. Big breed pups have different requirements to keep them from growing too quickly--to insure proper joint formation. So you'll want to tailor your search to something geared toward big breeds... Do they talk about that at all in the links, rainbow?

They only call it their "puppy formula" but the calcium level is 1.2% and the phosphorus is .8% so that should be okay for large breed puppies. They do state this on their website....

Now! Puppy formula has been developed by qualified nutritionists to meet the dietary needs for all breeds and sizes of growing puppies.

breeze
December 18th, 2008, 08:38 AM
thanks guys,
they both get along very well. unless Archer decides Bree is not playing enough:laughing::laughing:

luckypenny
December 18th, 2008, 02:58 PM
They're both beautiful! I love how Archer's ears look like ear muffs :D :cloud9:.

Tundra_Queen
December 21st, 2008, 03:45 AM
They are both beautiful looking dogs. Who is who? The one on the right looks so soft I just want to give him/her a bit hug.

Debbie

diandpat
December 21st, 2008, 09:27 AM
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Can't believe how fast Archer is growing...what a handsome guy!

Bree...beautiful as always :lovestruck: LOVE Burners!!!!!!

Nice shot!