Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Most people think animals understand them.

ancientgirl
December 17th, 2008, 01:21 PM
This is an interesting little article.

Most say they, pets understand each other. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081217/ap_on_re_us/ap_poll_pet_owners;_ylt=AsSwBVWg.8EdyKjb7FXjqsdI2o cA)

I think most of my gang understand me. LOL, I speak to them in Spanish and English, and they seem to get what I'm saying.

Frenchy
December 17th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Ancient , I speak to mine in french and english ever since Rottielover came to my house and spoke to them in english , Sam was sooo excited about it (he came from Alberta) ever since , I spoke to him in english. Even though he's gone , I still speak to them in english sometimes :p and do it for the english fosters too :laughing:

otter
December 17th, 2008, 10:57 PM
:laughing: Molly gets excited when people speak French :cloud9:

There is little mistaking what my animals are saying to me most of the time, especially the cats (Molly can be more challenging). They have such tone and inflection in their voices, they know how to use volume, gestures... pretty much every human communication technique just without the actual words we speak. MEOW = pay attention, MEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW = pay attention now, MEOW = do it now or suffer the consequences :D:laughing:

ancientgirl
December 18th, 2008, 09:27 AM
LOL, yeah, Kiska is ALWAYS yelling at me about something. Mostly to let her have her few seconds in the bottom of the fridge.:rolleyes:

Love4himies
December 18th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Snowball was the best kitty for understanding me :lovestruck:, I swear he had telepathy.

Puddles, well she is a princess and we are suppose to be understanding her requests not the other way around :rolleyes:.

Jasper is getting better, he is a little behind because I think he may have been part of a kittymill :sad:. When we brought him home he didn't know about doors or windows or sleeping on beds and couches :sad: :sad:

And Sweet Pea, she is too busy keeping track of Puddles, that she doesn't pay any attention to us until she is hungry:evil:

Masha
December 18th, 2008, 09:41 AM
:laughing: Oh, I can sooo relate!!! I always talk to mine in English and Russian. They seem to understand both as we speak both at home. I think over the years I have learned to understand Monkey quite well, and it helps that he is not subtle about what he wants and when he wants it (which is always NNOOWWW!!!) :D