Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost, Possibly Stolen American Pitbull Terrior

beefs
December 16th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Hello everyone,
I am new to this thread and am trying any means possible to find our beautiful dog.
Our family dog Beefcake has gone missing. On the evening of Tuesday December 9th 2008 my mom and brother were putting up Christmas lights when Beefcake disappeared. This occurred in Brampton, Ontario near Bovaird and Richvale Drive. This is totally out of the ordinary as he always very obedient and answers when called. He is an extremely friendly dog which worries me the most. Please if anyone out there has any information let me know. He is missed so very much.

"Beefcake" "Beefy" is an American Pitbull, male, 4 years old, brindle in colour

luckypenny
December 16th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Oh boy. Have you visited all the local pounds/shelters daily? Contacted all the vets in your area and put up posters?

:fingerscr he returns home soon.

the gang
December 16th, 2008, 11:14 PM
i have crossed post to my daughter in cambridge!!!! grey hound rescue!!!! and told her to send info out, best of luck brenda and the pins.

Rottielover
December 17th, 2008, 06:57 AM
My thoughts exactly LP, a lost pitbull in ONT, I really hope you find him soon

Love4himies
December 17th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Is he microchipped? Have you contacted animal control and the local police just in case somebody contacts the police rather than animal control?

Good luck and keep us updated.

NoahGrey
December 17th, 2008, 07:42 AM
He is beautiful. I love the pitty breed or all of the underdog breeds I should say. Like Rottis, mastiffs, etc. Was your dog born before the Pit-bull ban came into effect. Which was August 29, 2005. If so, I would take documentation with you too the shelters stating that, when going to look at the stray rooms. Is he neutered? If not, you could also be finded for this as well. Considering pit-bulls that were born before the ban are considered "grandfathered", but have to be spay or neutered among other restrictions. Don't forget to bring your dogs muzzle with you too the shelter.

I have to be honest with you. If he was born after, he can and mostly likely will be put down.

ACO22

aslan
December 17th, 2008, 07:45 AM
ACO22 the op said he is 4yrs old so i think he's definately in the safety zone.

NoahGrey
December 17th, 2008, 08:36 AM
ACO22 the op said he is 4yrs old so i think he's definately in the safety zone.

Would that not make him born after 2005. Sorry not thinking today..can't sleep lately. Up at 3am for the past few days.

ACO22

aslan
December 17th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Would that not make him born after 2005. Sorry not thinking today..can't sleep lately. Up at 3am for the past few days.

ACO22

lol, i can relate you should come on here and talk to me who isn't sleeping either. nope at 4yrs old he would have been born 2004. 4+4=8:D

Love4himies
December 17th, 2008, 08:45 AM
And hopefully born in Ontario :fingerscr

AmericanBullMom
I'm :pray: you find this beautiful boy!
Wish i could help here in FL!
Keep us updated!

NoahGrey
nope at 4yrs old he would have been born 2004. 4+4=8:D

Well that is great news. Thanks.

ACO22 needs sleepppp...zzz.

ACO22

AmericanBullMom
December 17th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Well that is great news. Thanks.

ACO22 needs sleepppp...zzz.

ACO22

No worries ACO, I'm an accountant, and even I was thinking that maybe he wasnt old enough to make past your Pitbull ban age...:rolleyes:

aslan
December 17th, 2008, 08:50 AM
i'm also concerned that he was stolen, my nephew has an alpha blue bulldog and he was telling us groups of thugs are going right up to people and taking their bully breeds and teaching them to fight, i really hope this isn't the case.:pray:

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Contact Rescue groups. There are specific ones for pitties and they should know about this as they will keep all ears and eyes open.

Good luck and safe return to your baby.

chico2
December 17th, 2008, 10:45 AM
OMG,:pray:you'll find Beef-Cake soon,Ontario is as we all know,the worst place for a lost Pittie:fingerscr:fingerscr
Please come back and put our minds at ease,when you find him:pray:
He is a beautiful boy,but might scare some people,hopefully the right person finds him.

beefs
December 17th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks for all your support -at this point we can use as much as possible. We have been visiting, calling and posting signs in the shelters and humane societies. I think someone scooped him up. I guess all we can do is keep trying and not to give up, he is a missing family member.
I will try contacting rescue groups -thanks

NoahGrey
December 17th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks for all your support -at this point we can use as much as possible. We have been visiting, calling and posting signs in the shelters and humane societies. I think someone scooped him up. I guess all we can do is keep trying and not to give up, he is a missing family member.
I will try contacting rescue groups -thanks

I would keep watchful eye in your neighbourhood, which you probably have been doing anway. The reasoning is because if your dog was stolen, odds are they person(s) are either from the area or know someone who is. Keep your ears open too.

ACO22

Dog Dancer
December 17th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Beefs, my heart breaks for you that Beefcake is missing. He's a beautiful boy. You didn't mention if he's neutered, I sure hope so! Praying that he comes home soon, please make sure you let us know if he does.

rotts4ever
December 17th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Contact Ador-a-Bull ( Emily )and AFTU( Advocates for the Underdog) ( Tammy) You may need their help.

chico2
December 21st, 2008, 05:25 PM
Any news on Beefcake:fingerscr

beefs
December 22nd, 2008, 11:48 PM
Hi all,
Unfortunately there is no word on the whereabouts of Beefcake. Everyone is worried sick calling the shelters, vet clinics, humane societies, and posting up signs. I really don't know what to do anymore, a part of our family is missing and I can't give up on him. I just hope where ever he is he is safe. Thanks again for your concern and support. I will definitely let all of you know when he comes home. And please if you see him let me know.

chico2
December 23rd, 2008, 07:41 AM
Beef,so sorry to hear that,was hoping for better news:cry:but thank you for letting us know.
:pray:you'll get your best Christmas present ever:pray:
and please do not give up hope of finding him:grouphug:

BenMax
December 23rd, 2008, 11:20 AM
Beefs - I am going to forward the following to a rescue group in Ontario (for bully breeds) to find out if they know anything. At the very least they will have a heads up. I wish you the very best.

Love4himies
December 23rd, 2008, 11:40 AM
So sorry you haven't gotten any word on Beefcake. I will say some extra prayers for you. :pray: