Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Shark bite

Shaykeija
December 16th, 2008, 07:44 PM
from Quincy. The Little bugger, I just found out does not like you to move him with yer feet. I have the teethy marks to prove it, broke skin. Nailed me twice. No hand or food aggression just feet...(2nd time my fault, i wanted to see how he would react to a gentle move over nudge.) So now I have to work on this or wear steel toed slippers. i wonder if he was kicked in his last home. I told him no sharply and he flattened out on the floor like a rag doll. he is just full of surprises. Like I found out last month, he rolls over on command. :shrug: who knows what he experienced before. forgot to add..he is now curled up and sleeping on the foot he wounded...

Frenchy
December 16th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Poor foot !!! :yell:

How long has Quincy been to your place ?

Shaykeija
December 16th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Since April...this is his first time doing this. He was in front of the stove after who knows what and I moved him. That is when he nailed me the first time. He is usually a mild mannered dog, you can do anything with him...

Frenchy
December 16th, 2008, 08:18 PM
He probably thought there was some food near and didn't want to be move out of there :p

Shaykeija
December 16th, 2008, 08:33 PM
yea raw foots :laughing:

Frenchy
December 16th, 2008, 08:43 PM
yea raw foots :laughing:

He knows a good diet when he sees it (or when he smells it ? :eek:) :laughing:

14+kitties
December 16th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Ouch!! I agree, poor foot!! I know how hard those little teeth can be!! And sharp!

joeysmama
December 17th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Wow, since April? It seems like it was just yesterday. How is Annie doing?

My friend has been calling me with questions about shih tzu's. Her co-worker is interested in getting one so I've been talking to her about it. (my friend is SO not an animal person but Cooper has such a good temerament that I think she talked up the breed a bit when her co-worker mentioned wanting to get one)

I sent her some breeder sites so she could read about them but I told her that there are always dogs of all breeds, and mixed breeds, who need to be rescued.

I think she's pretty interested in rescue !! We're way down here in the states so I'm going to have to start researching on my own but I was really wishing Shaykeija was closer. You're a shih tzu magnet!:laughing:

Shaykeija
December 17th, 2008, 07:53 PM
LOL yes I know about being a magnet lol. Annie is doing fine. A little hard of hearing and needs to go outside a couple of more times a day for a pee, but all is good. She loves her num nums and has claimed a really expensive down pillow as her own. :sleepy: We have decided Annie will live the rest of her life here at Shakers Haven.

joeysmama
December 17th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Awww....I'm glad you are such a comfy shih tzu haven !!

Dog Dancer
December 18th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Wow, learning things the hard way huh. Well good luck to you with desensitizing him with that. Maybe you startled him the first time, but that wouldn't explain the second time.