Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Food Philosophy For People

want4rain
December 16th, 2008, 03:31 PM
http://www.smartforlife.com/Products.aspx

oh my gosh.... some brilliant person....

-ash

bendyfoot
December 16th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Some RICH person you mean :rolleyes: who likes to make money off gullible people...

What ever happened to eating healthy, whole foods and balanced meals? Why do so many people think that the only way to a healthy weight is through pre-packaged stuff? :confused:

I've lost 30 lbs this year, largely because I changed my eating habits...I'm eating MORE, but I'm eating REAL food. Like, stuff that doesn't come out of a box...:shrug: seems to work :shrug:

luckypenny
December 16th, 2008, 10:10 PM
That is all over the place here. There's one radio station where the hosts eat the products and give updates all the time...obviously sponsored by the company.

want4rain
December 17th, 2008, 08:06 AM
but but but... its DOG FOOD FOR PEOPLE!!! it just taste good to people!!!

should i take the link out??

-ash

joeysmama
December 17th, 2008, 09:29 AM
It's interesting isn't it?

I agree with Bendyfoot though. Our bodies were made to eat real food, not merchandise. If you shop the perimeter of the grocery store you'll get food that's as close to natural as possible. The center aisles are mostly boxes with preservatives, additives etc.

I work for Marilu Henner (Is that ok to post? I'm not selling anything, but if the mods want to take that out go ahead) She has a number of books out that tout healthy lifstyle choices like eating fruits, veggies, lean protein, whole grains etc.

A friend of mine wanted to try it so she asked me how to order the food. (She thought it would be like some of the weight loss programs that sell prepackaged, dehydrated food) I told her there was no special food to buy. You just shop in the regular grocery store and she said "Oh forget it then--that's too hard !":shrug:

luckypenny
December 17th, 2008, 10:15 AM
but but but... its DOG FOOD FOR PEOPLE!!!

:laughing: :laughing:

want4rain
December 17th, 2008, 10:15 AM
It's interesting isn't it?

I told her there was no special food to buy. You just shop in the regular grocery store and she said "Oh forget it then--that's too hard !":shrug:

oh my gosh..... thats horrifying!! i mean im sure some of these diets that teach you nutrition, how to shop for good food.... oh my gosh.... should remind her that we use to ahve to forage and hunt our food. oh my gosh...

-ash

joeysmama
December 17th, 2008, 10:25 AM
LOL Ash. Believe me this woman is bigger now than you'll be in your 9th month !! :laughing: Her butt could have it's own zip code. She should try walking down the grocery aisle. For her it would be aerobic !!

I think some of the things on that site don't look too awful though. The dog food for people idea is kind of cute and every now and then you need a little treat.

bendyfoot
December 18th, 2008, 03:44 PM
A friend of mine wanted to try it so she asked me how to order the food. (She thought it would be like some of the weight loss programs that sell prepackaged, dehydrated food) I told her there was no special food to buy. You just shop in the regular grocery store and she said "Oh forget it then--that's too hard !":shrug:

:eek::eek::eek:

Love4himies
December 18th, 2008, 05:05 PM
OMG, that is too funny, W4R. :laughing::laughing:

Bendyfoot: I really think processed food is depleted of vitamins, minerals and fiber and our body's are craving them. If you eat a variety of veggies and fruit each day, there really should be no reason to take vitamin pills.

The way to loose weight is sensible eating and daily exercise. I lost about 60 lbs back in 2003 and have kept it off by doing just that, a life style change.