Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Very Cool Video - How dogs really drink

TeriM
December 16th, 2008, 02:08 AM
I saw this recently and found it totally fascinating :eek:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWlVbgCKjkk

It is a super slow motion of how dogs drink and it is totally opposite to how I have always thought!

growler~GateKeeper
December 16th, 2008, 02:59 AM
That's a cool video :thumbs up

I had actually figured that's how they lapped up water but never seen it in slow-mo like that. :cool: Makes complete sense when you think about where the water is slopped around the water bowl, for those of us who've had very messy drinkers :laughing:

TeriM
December 16th, 2008, 03:01 AM
Messy drinkers, what do you mean :confused:.

:laughing::laughing: Looks at the dog water bowl in it's lovely plastic surround with three extra towels to sop up the excess ....

growler~GateKeeper
December 16th, 2008, 03:04 AM
:laugh:

I could wash the kitchen floor & half the hall :rolleyes: with the excess water Cally slopped outta his dish & dribbled as he left :laughing:

bendyfoot
December 16th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Wow, I had no idea, how cool! I DOES make sense, though, when you think that all the slops are under the dog's chin and not in front of the bowl. Thanks for sharing!:D

TeriM
December 16th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Wow, I had no idea, how cool! I DOES make sense, though, when you think that all the slops are under the dog's chin and not in front of the bowl. Thanks for sharing!:D

I could wash the kitchen floor & half the hall :rolleyes: with the excess water Cally slopped outta his dish & dribbled as he left :laughing:

I know what you mean :D. You should see what three labs (when Sammy is here) can do :laughing:.

14+kitties
December 16th, 2008, 11:38 PM
I remember seeing a documentary on this years ago. It's very neat!!

rainbow
December 17th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Informative video :thumbs up ... I always thought they used their tongues like a cup too. :o

Messy drinkers, what do you mean :confused:.
:laughing::laughing: Looks at the dog water bowl in it's lovely plastic surround with three extra towels to sop up the excess ....

I know what you mean :D. You should see what three labs (when Sammy is here) can do :laughing:.

Yep.....and one of my previous sibes used to scoop the water up in her mouth and then fling it across the room. :rolleyes: :frustrated:

growler~GateKeeper
December 17th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Rainbow :laughing: too funny :laughing:

I tried to teach Cally to stand at the bowl & wait a minute after drinking so he'd dribble on the towel instead of down the hall but he'd come right over to you & get your lap/feet soaked :laughing: That was one trick that never worked :laughing:

rainbow
December 17th, 2008, 01:06 AM
LOL....I'm sure that Cally only wanted to share with his mommy. :D

And, since you know how sibes "think", I am sure that Summer :rip: flung the water in retaliation for us building a box to enclose the water bucket to finally prevent her from tipping it over. :D

growler~GateKeeper
December 17th, 2008, 01:11 AM
:laughing: yup

TulipRoxy
December 17th, 2008, 11:36 AM
That cool.. I had no idea that's the way they drank!

ancientgirl
December 17th, 2008, 01:27 PM
That's very interesting. I wonder if cats do it the same way.