Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hello

otis'mom
December 15th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Hi Im still trying to figure out how to use this site. I have a 3 month old boston terrier that I just got around a week and a half ago and he has developed cherry eye over the last 2 days. anyone know anything about this?
I'm curious about cost of the surgery and if having removed is the best option. also the vet i talked to today said they dont generally do the surgery until 6 months of age, but that seems like a long time to let my baby have a bulge coming out of his eye

mummummum
December 15th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Welcome to pets.ca !

I suggest that you post your question about your little guy in the health section so that it gets maximum exposure (not all members come here). You can also try "Cherry Eye" using the search function.

Dog Dancer
December 15th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Hi and welcome to the board. Sorry I can't give you any advice at all on Otis' cherry eye, but I do wish you luck with it. I would think that if you could wait a couple months then you could have him neutered at the same time, it would save you the cost of two surgeries and be less stress on his wee body as well. So if the vet suggests waiting for the eye surgery it may be worth considering. Oh and of course a tattoo when you neuter also. But all that said, the most important thing to mention is that we love pictures here! Trust me you will hear this again, so if you get a chance we'd love to see Otis, cherry eye and all. We love them all.

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Hi, otis'mom!

We have a member whose bulldog just had the surgery done for cherry eyes (yes, if one develops the condition, the other eye usually follows...)

Here's the thread: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57474

If you start a thread about your pup in the health forum and put cherry eye in the title, you'll get a lot more advice :thumbs up

Meanwhile, welcome to the board.

otis'mom
December 16th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Thanks for all for the help! A couple of questions I cant find the heath section and how do I up load picture?

hazelrunpack
December 16th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Look up at the top of the page to the left of where it says Welcome, otis'mom. Click on the blue link: "Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca" and it'll bring up the forum list. Scroll down till you find the right forum and click on that. At the top of the topic list for that forum you'll see the "New Thread" button. Click on that, enter your title and type in your post. :thumbs up

Also, if you display "New Posts" or "Today's Posts" from the top menu bar, there's a list of the forum for each thread to the right. If you can find a thread in the right forum, you can just click on the forum listing in the rightmost column and it'll take you to the place with that "New Thread" button.

If you have pictures on your computer, you can hit the paperclip icon in the reply box and browse to it from there. The dialogue box also allows you to upload the file. Files have to be less than 100KB to upload as attachments, but you can also imbed links to pictures you have on a photo-sharing site. Those pictures don't need to be 100KB or less...but those of us on dial-up have a hard time downloading them if they're too big. :o

Good luck, otis'mom! :D Can't wait to see the pics!