Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Old Boston Bulldog

madmyke
December 15th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I am looking at adopting a 7 month old puppy and one has specifically caught my attention. Unfortunately, the one I was looking at has a slight deformity in that its vagina and its anus are closely spaced (about 1 cm apart). The dog is fine otherwise and does not seem to be suffering from any problems from this deformity. I am planning on spaying the dog anyhow so there is no question of breeding.

I am concerned that if I pick up this puppy, that its deformity may actually result in long term complications which may hurt us emotionally (the kids especially) as well as financially. Does any one have experience with this type of deformity? Is it common? Is it something I can and should ignore because it is not an issue?

I would appreciate any advice.

Mike

Tundra_Queen
December 15th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Hi Mike, Welcome to the forum! Sorry I don't have any help for u, but I'm sure others will be along tha can give suggestions. Have u asked a vet about this?

mummummum
December 15th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Hi Mike,

Welcome to Pets.ca ! You may find more help if you post your question in the health section (if you haven't already ~ haven't got there yet today myself) . If you do, I promise to tell you everything I know about whizzers :D