-ash

luckypenny
December 13th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Love the article...again...:laughing:

But the comments left underneath :eek: :loser:

angeldogs
December 13th, 2008, 11:26 PM
:laughing i liked that.

Didn't like the comment underneath it either.

want4rain
December 13th, 2008, 11:36 PM
yeah i was flipping through the new ones and read that one again. couldnt help sharing it.... again. :laughing: still giggling at FG's DH and his bonfire making capabilities....

-ashley

Ford Girl
December 16th, 2008, 03:18 PM
LOL Want4 - my man is as white as they come. Dawg bless him. :)

BenMax
December 16th, 2008, 04:16 PM
On behalf of all non-white people - I personally find this article in one simple word 'ridiculous'. Am I missing something here?.

joeysmama
December 17th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I'm a crazy doggie person and this article would be fine by me if it categorized people who act this way as "yuppies" or "empty nesters" or something pertaining to circumstances rather than skin color--you know what I mean?

I don't think it was intended to be derogatory (I hope not) but the comments beneath it sure were !!

I'm not super sensitive but I'm with Ben Max--I don't get it.:shrug:

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Just the comments alone would have been a good indication that it would spark negative comments. Personally I really don't understand why this was even posted.:shrug: Pink, white, green, brown or black - it's in poor taste.

want4rain
December 17th, 2008, 10:13 AM
-blinks- the site (of which the dog article was only a very small part of) isnt meant to be taken that seriously. obviously life is considerably more complicated than anything someone could jokingly write about.

satire my friends. :)

just dont read the comments at the bottom. the difference between free speech and well written satire.... some folks DO take this stuff too seriously.

im not even sure how this site relates to the rest of the Americas but its quite relevant here (in a funny, light hearted way) in North Carolina. :)

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02/24/75-threatening-to-move-to-canada/

(although ive found more folks threaten to move to Australia these days. maybe im too far away from Canada??)

-ashley

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 10:17 AM
We are obviously from a different world. Oh and by the way - I don't consider myself as 'some folks' just a folk that is curious as why this is even here.

Jim Hall
December 17th, 2008, 10:26 AM
ok so i just looked lol funny

luckypenny
December 17th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Ignore the comments under the article.

It's funny. Just like a blond comedienne making fun of blonds, or an Italian comedian making fun of his Italian parents :shrug:. It's obviously exaggerated and enables us to laugh at ourselves, you know?

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 10:42 AM

It's funny. Just like a blond comedienne making fun of blonds, or an Italian comedian making fun of his Italian parents :shrug:. It's obviously exaggerated and enables us to laugh at ourselves, you know?

Well then I guess being non-white I just don't get it....it's obvious. There should however be a certain sense of responsibility when posting certain things. Personally I would refrain from posting anything of poor taste. That's my :2cents:.

want4rain
December 17th, 2008, 10:42 AM
yeah, my best friend plays frisbee sports... we all wear new balance shoes... the onion... HA! -blush- bottled water. im rather proud to say that i am less than 50% of that list although i think it would be fun to go through and see which ones i can find any relevance to me and those around me. -chuckles- one of those things on my 'to-to' list.

-ash

joeysmama
December 17th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I don't think the article itself was offensive. I think the part about dogs being a practice for babies was kind of funny and right on the mark. I used to wonder if I could love my children as much as I loved my cat. (Of course that was before I had children and realized that I would walk through fire for them.)

I wonder what makes people take it to a level of including those comments though ??

Ah well !

I'm taking my dog to the mall today where they rent doggie strollers to people like me. I'm an article waiting to happen !!:loser:

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 11:30 AM

You are kidding right? So let me ask you LP - where do 'we' fit in or not? Why is the title entail color?

The more I read comments here the more surprised I actually am.

Jim Hall
December 17th, 2008, 11:43 AM
benmax my friend lighten up so its in poor taste

if evrything in poor taste went away 90% of our entertainment would vanish

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 11:45 AM
benmax my friend lighten up so its in poor taste

if evrything in poor taste went away 90% of our entertainment would vanish

Let me very clear here. For everyone that is going to comment I will comment. I will not lighten up infact I am getting fueled - so keep it coming...

And one more thing - don't one person PM me on this as you will not get an answer nor will it be viewed.

luckypenny
December 17th, 2008, 11:56 AM
I think the article itself is funny. I don't see anything derogatory in it :shrug:. I also think an Italian comedian making fun of his dad's accent is funny (because I can relate). I think the authors of this article are funny too because I can relate. I can laugh at myself.

You are kidding right? So let me ask you LP - where do 'we' fit in or not? Why is the title entail color?

I don't know about you but I can fit in here in regards to Penny when I often say she prefers beef over chicken, chicken over pork, etc:

"They also believe that their dogs share similar tastes in food - “Little Ben Kweller likes the Organic food the best.” Forgetting the fact that dogs enjoy eating their own feces, and pretty much anything that falls onto the floor."

And here cuz this is what we just went through:

"When searching for homes, many white people will require large yards so that their “dog can run around.” If you work in real estate, this can be exploited for large markups when selling to white people."

Every real estate agent we worked with knew this was important to us. When discussing/negotiating prices, this is what they kept coming back to, "but the yard is perfect for your dogs." It didn't matter if the house was falling down and the $$ asked was ridiculous :laughing:.

The authors are making light fun of what they observe, just like any comedian. When W4R first posted the link a while back in another thread, I forwarded it to a black friend of mine knowing she'd get a good laugh. And she did...she always laughs at me, in a respectful way, of how we treat our dogs. And it's ok with me, it's all in fun :shrug:.

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I think the article itself is funny. I don't see anything derogatory in it :shrug:. I also think an Italian comedian making fun of his dad's accent is funny (because I can relate). I think the authors of this article are funny too because I can relate. I can laugh at myself.

I don't know about you but I can fit in here in regards to Penny when I often say she prefers beef over chicken, chicken over pork, etc:

"They also believe that their dogs share similar tastes in food - “Little Ben Kweller likes the Organic food the best.” Forgetting the fact that dogs enjoy eating their own feces, and pretty much anything that falls onto the floor."

And here cuz this is what we just went through:

"When searching for homes, many white people will require large yards so that their “dog can run around.” If you work in real estate, this can be exploited for large markups when selling to white people."

Every real estate agent we worked with knew this was important to us. When discussing/negotiating prices, this is what they kept coming back to, "but the yard is perfect for your dogs." It didn't matter if the house was falling down and the $$ asked was ridiculous :laughing:.

The authors are making light fun of what they observe, just like any comedian. When W4R first posted the link a while back in another thread, I forwarded it to a black friend of mine knowing she'd get a good laugh. And she did...she always laughs at me, in a respectful way, of how we treat our dogs. And it's ok with me, it's all in fun :shrug:.

Oh ok that explains it. Thanks. Good for your friend LP. Bravo.

Stacer
December 17th, 2008, 12:05 PM
As a white chick, I initially found this blog to be quite offensive (I came across it a while ago). It horribly generalizes/stereotypes white people. Even knowing that the author is white doesn't make it any more acceptable.

That being said, I do find most of it humourous and applicable.

If the title said Stuff Black/Asian/Hispanic People Like, wouldn't alot of the same stuff apply? Why is this stuff restricted to white people? And what's so wrong with the stuff on the list? The author makes it seem bad that white people like these things.

The comments that are left definitely ruin the tone in which the blog is meant to be taken.

luckypenny
December 17th, 2008, 12:10 PM
The comments that are left definitely ruin the tone in which the blog is meant to be taken.

Exactly how I feel.

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 12:10 PM
As a white chick, I initially found this blog to be quite offensive (I came across it a while ago). It horribly generalizes/stereotypes white people. Even knowing that the author is white doesn't make it any more acceptable.

That being said, I do find most of it humourous and applicable.

If the title said Stuff Black/Asian/Hispanic People Like, wouldn't alot of the same stuff apply? Why is this stuff restricted to white people? And what's so wrong with the stuff on the list? The author makes it seem bad that white people like these things.

I guess not being white I don't apply nor relate. But thank you Stacer.

Stacer
December 17th, 2008, 12:22 PM
As a side, I find that white people tend to feel guilty about past wrongs to other cultures (even though it has nothing directly to do with them, but poor descisions made by white folks in the distant past), so feel it necessary to either be ultra Politically Correct to the point of ultimate annoyance or poke fun at ourselves to relieve the feelings of guilt.

Not to make this a thread about race but an example of white guilt would be:

Black comedian Dave Chappelle does alot of race related jokes and white people are often at the brunt of them (he's damn hilarious though). All the white folk in the audience laugh and nod their heads in agreement (but I bet alot find it somewhat racist). Reverse this situation and I don't think that the black folks in the audience would find it quite as amusing having a white dude making fun of black stereotypes.

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 12:24 PM
As a side, I find that white people tend to feel guilty about past wrongs to other cultures (even though it has nothing directly to do with them, but poor descisions made by white folks in the distant past), so feel it necessary to either be ultra Politically Correct to the point of ultimate annoyance or poke fun at ourselves to relieve the feelings of guilt.

You know Stacer alot of races use this as an excuse to right a wrong. So where is the guilt in this article?

Stacer
December 17th, 2008, 12:34 PM
I think the guilt is the fact that the author is specifically pointing out all these lame things that white people supposedly like and opening it up for all to comment on and make fun of.

I'm not saying this blog is about white guilt, but it seems that nowadays it's more acceptable for white people to be made the brunt of jokes and not mind it and that perhaps it's all related back to the crap that white people have done in the past (which is a list longer than long) which is why whitey doesn't really take exception to it. Perhaps I'm way off base?

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 12:40 PM
I think the guilt is the fact that the author is specifically pointing out all these lame things that white people supposedly like and opening it up for all to comment on and make fun of.

I'm not saying this blog is about white guilt, but it seems that nowadays it's more acceptable for white people to be made the brunt of jokes and not mind it and that perhaps it's all related back to the crap that white people have done in the past (which is a list longer than long) which is why whitey doesn't really take exception to it. Perhaps I'm way off base?

No offence Stacer but being 'white' is not a dirty word. When sterotyping other races - those words are dirty and degrading. People of other races or colors are faced with ignorance every single day. It is not isolated.

Have you every been in a work place or room or party where you were the only white? I am not talking about 1 or twice in your life...I mean everyday?

I served my country for 13 years. I have seen and been to places that are shocking and within our own country. I chose it because I felt a need to serve. I did it for not only myself Stacer - .

The more comments that I read I cannot believe that some just don't get it.

Ford Girl
December 17th, 2008, 12:46 PM

Some just dont get it BM - cuz it's your opinion. It's how you feel. The entire thread is about opinion, not facts or stats, opinions. Of course some people dont agree with you or feel the same way as you. :shrug:

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Some just dont get it BM - cuz it's your opinion. It's how you feel. The entire thread is about opinion, not facts or stats, opinions. Of course some people dont agree with you or feel the same way as you. :shrug:

Not asking anyone to agree with my opinion. I will say it again - this has absolutely no CLASS PERIOD.

mummummum
December 17th, 2008, 12:54 PM
I started off reading this post and thinking... I am so tired of people reading into things that simply don't exist...

So, you're right BenMax ~ I don't get all of your response ~ so explain. Please.

Ford Girl
December 17th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Agreed, there is no class in making fun of a race/color/ethnic group. But the degree of the offenciveness is an opinion/personal feeling.

Stacer
December 17th, 2008, 12:58 PM
You know Stacer alot of races use this as an excuse to right a wrong. So where is the guilt in this article?

No offence Stacer but being 'white' is not a dirty word. When sterotyping other races - those words are dirty and degrading. People of other races or colors are faced with ignorance every single day. It is not isolated.

Have you every been in a work place or room or party where you were the only white? I am not talking about 1 or twice in your life...I mean everyday?

I served my country for 13 years. I have seen and been to places that are shocking and within our own country. I chose it because I felt a need to serve. I did it for not only myself Stacer - .

I'm not saying that this isolated by any means. I'm well aware that minorities in this country face hurdles related to their ethinicity on a daily basis.

What I'm saying is that this blog is just another aspect of what seems to be "in" right now in the media - white stereotyping with no backlash.

Sure it's classless and banal, but some people like that kind of humour and I won't lie, some of it is funny (when I set my offended sensibilities aside).

Unfortunately we will never live in a world where race is not discussed or will never be an issue. Even within our own races. :shrug:

Stacer
December 17th, 2008, 01:06 PM

I'm not sure I really even understand the point you're trying to make.

Are you generally offended that anyone would choose to make fun/stereotype any race, whether it be their own or another?

Or are you surprised that so many find this blog funny despite it's racial tones?

Stacer
December 17th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Well, I've gotta go walk the dog which I acquired in preparation for making babies:D

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 01:14 PM
I'm not sure I really even understand the point you're trying to make.

Are you generally offended that anyone would choose to make fun/stereotype any race, whether it be their own or another?

Or are you surprised that so many find this blog funny despite it's racial tones?

It would be safe to say Stacer on both. Trust me, I have a good sense of humour but this thread does not belong here at all. It belongs in the trash can. I am spending so much energy stupidly on this thread then on other important issues in regards to animals (which is my passion). But I also believe in (or don't now) in people here at pets.

People here are definately wearing me down. I am about to give up on this thread completely but when I do bow out let me tell everyone how terribly disappointed I am that this thread is allowed to exist here.

Pets is worldwide - how sad is this thread and what does it say. I care about the title. I care about the so-called sterotyping. Do you know how my race is sterotyped? I wonder how that would go over.

I am not very happy right now Stacer - but as so many have put it - it's my opinion so why should it matter. Well it does matter. Obviously there is very little respect in regards to my views.

mummummum
December 17th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Holy hannah... you all are spending an awful lot of time on this.

The original post ... "Irony". Just that, plain and simple.

Some of you need a little "lighten up sauce".

Any of you have been on the planet for a chance and have travelled to a few beyond your own countries will understand when I say " A Black Irish went into a bar..."

Get out, you don't get it? Sometimes we just have to get over ourselves...

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Holy hannah... you all are spending an awful lot of time on this.

The original post ... "Irony". Just that, plain and simple.

Some of you need a little "lighten up sauce".

Any of you have been on the planet for a chance and have travelled to a few beyond your own countries will understand when I say " A Black Irish went into a bar..."

Get out, you don't get it? Sometimes we just have to get over ourselves...

Then pass that sauce on over here because I sure could use a swig. And if you knew me at all - I will absolutely NOT get over myself. I now have a pretty clear view of members here.

mummummum
December 17th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Still waiting for an explanation...

What is it exactly about this that you find offensive ?

I'm one of those gal's who likes to learn so no more boo-hoo's, spell it out.

bendyfoot
December 17th, 2008, 01:28 PM
BenMax, I personally didn't read the whole blog entry (started to, and didn't find it particularly funny, but didn't find it particularly offensive either). I'm sorry that you're feeling your opinion is not being valued by others here. I personally would benefit from hearing more about your perspective on this. I'm hearing you say that it's offensive and garbage-y, but perhaps some elaboration on that view would be helpful, or at least inspire better discussion of this post?

I know W4R had no ill intentions when she started this thread. Humour comes in forms that some find funny while others don't. I think everyone needs to be entitled to their own feelings and opinions about it, either way, and so far I'm not reading anything here that suggests that people's opinions are not being heard: I'm hearing different perspectives, is all.

Your last statement, about "a clear view of members here", concerns me greatly... I hope you are not implying that people here are racist...that would, IMO, be a greatly unfair and misplaced categorization.:sad:

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Still waiting for an explanation...

What is it exactly about this that you find offensive ?

I'm one of those gal's who likes to learn so no more boo-hoo's, spell it out.

I owe you no explanation. I have addressed what I am not happy about. From what I know of you 3Xmum - you are a respected member here and I wish not to offend (you see the difference - I don't want to offend).

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 01:30 PM
You know what Bendyfoot I am implying that people are disrespectful. Those I know and those I don't.

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Ok seriously had enough. So I will leave it up to you guys and gals to continue with this thread. I am certain amongst yourselves you can enjoy it.

bendyfoot
December 17th, 2008, 01:37 PM
No one here wants to offend or be disrespectful IMO, BM.

Look, I don't want to pull out the "I'm part of a group that has been oppressed card" here, but, well I guess I'm going to. You know that I'm gay. I've never been shy about that here. I know no one cares and those that do keep it to themselves. That said, I've been verbally and physically threatened IRL because of it, and yes, I've suffered alienation in groups of coworkers/family/friends because of it, and suffered in silence for many years.

I see wisecracks and off-colour remarks on this board (TJT GREATLY included) about lesbians/gays/whatevers ALL. THE. TIME. No one means it to be offensive. It certainly never offends me. However, I recognize that others who read the threads very well could be offended by it, and it would be well within their right to say so.

Personally, I've never seen you get even the slightest bit upset by any of that kind of banter...is it not the same thing? I'm just trying to understand what's behind these obviously strong feelings your trying to express here. :shrug:

mummummum
December 17th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Actually, BenMax ~ you do owe me an explanation. If you are going to make this much ado ~ then yes, you do. Either explain fully, help those of you who are not you to understand, Or simply stop it. Your choice.

Maybe I missed something (I'm more than happy and humble for you to show me where and ~ right now, please be REAL specific (having a little vision issue) but no where in this thread did I see why (the 1/ 2/ 3/ of you are offended. Exactly what was it about it that caused you such concern?

And may I suggest one other thing... I never assume that someone doesn't support my position just because they don't agree with me.

Ford Girl
December 17th, 2008, 01:50 PM
who's being disrepectful?? Im lost? Sorry. I see differences in opinion but no disrespect from posters, maybe the article, but not from the posters.

poodletalk
December 17th, 2008, 02:07 PM
I understand Benmax's point of view, personally, I think the blog is stupid and I think the comments are totally ignorant.

I tend to HATE jokes or comments that judges or makes fun of peoples race; nationality; language and looks.

Therefore, I don't appreciate this blog writers so called "sense of humour"

Love4himies
December 17th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I personally don't see the humour in this article :shrug: but to each his own I guess.

mummummum
December 17th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Beyond a blog or comments (read neither) ~ what was offensive in the original ad?

poodletalk
December 17th, 2008, 02:25 PM
For me, like I stated before, I don't like stuff that judges or tries to classify people in one lump sum.

The comments ARE offensive, they are EXTREMELY raciest!

mummummum
December 17th, 2008, 02:39 PM
For me, like I stated before, I don't like stuff that judges or tries to classify people in one lump sum.

The comments ARE offensive, they are EXTREMELY raciest!

I'm with ya poddletalk ~ but, show "me the money".

I don't know anything about a blog or comments and that doesn't concern me as it is the ad that BenMax got his/her hackcles up over...

So, "show me". If we are going to talk about this, then let's do it.

Diamondsmum
December 17th, 2008, 02:39 PM
IMHO That title of the blog :"Stuff White People Like" That is as far as I would of read it.

Then a older blog catches my eye Asian girls ... Yup IMHO disgusting (as mom of 2 Half asian kids)

Now if it was titled "Stuff I like" .... Well that is the bloggers opnion or feelings Sterotypical of White people?? bunching us in a group & claiming this is the reason why we are like this Because were white? I doubt it. I agree with Benmax & anyone else finds it in poor taste.

poodletalk
December 17th, 2008, 02:41 PM
mummummum, Benmax and I are talking about the same article/blog. If you click on the link, it will take you the article/blog that Benmax got upset at. Below it, you will see the comments.
Click Here mummummum http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02/04/53-dogs/ to see the article and comments.

luckypenny
December 17th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Everyone agrees that the comments under the article are nasty. So that can't be the issue as I'm assuming we're all on the same page?

I don't understand how my being able to laugh at my own quirks would be viewed as disrespectful and racist.

What really has me confused...is there's a "dumb blond" joke in my inbox that I received only yesterday by someone who finds my ability to laugh at myself rather ignorant and disrespectful. So it's alright if I laugh at someone else but not at myself :confused:?

I'm sorry, I need a "dumb person" joke right about now because this is right over my head :shrug:.

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Everyone agrees that the comments under the article are nasty. So that can't be the issue as I'm assuming we're all on the same page?

I don't understand how my being able to laugh at my own quirks would be viewed as disrespectful and racist.

What really has me confused...is there's a "dumb blond" joke in my inbox that I received only yesterday by someone who finds my ability to laugh at myself rather ignorant and disrespectful. So it's alright if I laugh at someone else but not at myself :confused:?

I'm sorry, I need a "dumb person" joke right about now because this is right over my head :shrug:.

So you want to air it here LP. Give me a break LP - that was sent to a few 'selected' friends. Why don't you count how many people were on that e-mail LP. It was not posted on pets that is seen worldwide now was it?

luckypenny
December 17th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I don't want to air anything out here BM. There's nothing to air out :confused:. I honestly don't know why you're so upset and would like for you to share it :shrug: if I'm to understand why I'm offending you so. I'm sincere when I say I just don't get it.

Ford Girl
December 17th, 2008, 03:21 PM

Me either but isn't this the exact same:

I now have a pretty clear view of members here.

Creating a "clear view" based on whether or not we found it as offensive as you did? :shrug: Based on one thread, you've made an opinon of some of the members here. :confused:

So you want to air it here LP. Give me a break LP - that was sent to a few 'selected' friends. Why don't you count how many people were on that e-mail LP. It was not posted on pets that is seen worldwide now was it?

So you're upset cuz the whole world can see this post? So it's ok if its done privately but not on a public forum. Im sorry BM, I dont mean to nit-pick, but isn't this contrdictive to what you are so strongly feeling? :shrug:

I agree LP - it wasn't long ago that chatter in the tjt was deemed "offensive" by some and not others, and those who were part of the might-be-offensive chatter didnt see the big deal, and didnt understand why others would be offended.

poodletalk
December 17th, 2008, 03:24 PM
LP: I can only hope everyone agrees the comments are uncalled for.

Personally, I just don't like "white people" does this "white people" do that. Were judging people on their colour of their skin, I feel were going backwards instead of forwards.

yes, I pamper Maggie, it's NOT because I'm white I do that, it's because that's who I am as a person,, I love my dog and I want it's best for her, the colour of my skin has nothing to do with it.

Blonde jokes are very insulting and I'm very thankful that I don't receive any.

mummummum
December 17th, 2008, 03:24 PM
I saw the article Poodletalk.

It's called "irony".

The comments ~ well ~ they're not worth commenting about are they? I read the first, it's offensive to me as a human. That doesn't mean it has anything to do with the article.

But the article, it's still ironic ~ or maybe it's sarcastic ~ NOW I'm confused.

luckypenny
December 17th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Poodletalk, I can respect your feelings and views. I'm not laughing at anyone. I'm laughing at me, simple as that.

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Infact FG - indeed in private is much better. Share with those you know.

As for the thread of offensive behaviour - I took my punishment. I also apologized and didn't squeeze anyone like a friggen lemon - so give me a break! Oh and that btw taught me a lesson - and this thread should be also one.

Some of you really like to dredge up the past. You are unbelieveable.

poodletalk
December 17th, 2008, 03:28 PM

LP: Yes, we do have some quirks when it comes to our dogs, but what does it have to do with white people? Why couldn't it be just "people"

luckypenny
December 17th, 2008, 03:31 PM
I don't know Poodletalk, I didn't write it. All I know is I found it funny as to how I can relate to it on a personal level.

poodletalk
December 17th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Yes, in awhile I could relate to it too, but I just don't like "white people" do this "white people" do that.

It should read; people who love their dogs "do this" "people who love their dogs do that"

mummummum
December 17th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Infact FG - indeed in private is much better. Share with those you know.

As for the thread of offensive behaviour - I took my punishment. I also apologized and didn't squeeze anyone like a friggen lemon - so give me a break! Oh and that btw taught me a lesson - and this thread should be also one.

Some of you really like to dredge up the past. You are unbelieveable.

I don't have a clue what this is about ~ so if this is an off-line conversation ~ could we keep our venom there please and thank you.

Of course, it's still fascinating to me that the person who started this conversation ~ that would be you BenMax ~ still can't can't put it in writing what you find offensive about the article.

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I don't have a clue what this is about ~ so if this is an off-line conversation ~ could we keep our venom there please and thank you.

Of course, it's still fascinating to me that the person who started this conversation ~ that would be you BenMax ~ still can't can't put it in writing what you find offensive about the article.

Read the the title for one! And BTW - you have yet to see venom - but it sure is starting to brew.

Chris21711
December 17th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I agree LP - it wasn't long ago that chatter in the tjt was deemed "offensive" by some and not others, and those who were part of the might-be-offensive chatter didnt see the big deal, and didnt understand why others would be offended.

I think I was the one that wanted the subject changed, not because I was offended, just thought it was not the right place.

I feel it was I who took the punishment, the sarcastic comments that ensued thereafter were directed at me.

Regarding the OP's posting of this thread, I think W4R posted to give us a chuckle not an all out war regarding rascism. Comments posted by idiots are just that 'comments posted by idiots'

mummummum
December 17th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Pick your battles well BenMax
~ this is :loser:stOOpid:loser: one.

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Pick your battles well BenMax
~ this is :loser:stOOpid:loser: one.

Ha - lady. I wouldn't use the term stupid. I could go one but I will refrain from doing so.

As for the loser sign - come on - I am sure you can do much better than that.

And for the rest that already pre-warned me - let me tell you that it is game over. EVERYONE is free game!

Diamondsmum
December 17th, 2008, 03:48 PM
ok guys enough seriously...

lets not get this thread locked.. everyone has an opinion & Benmax's opinion this shouldnt be placed for all to see. It is in poor taste and W4R didnt post it to for everyone to get into a arguement over it. She was thinking it was funny.

I think everyone needs to take a step back & breathe..

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 03:50 PM
ok guys enough seriously...

lets not get this thread locked.. everyone has an opinion & Benmax's opinion this shouldnt be placed for all to see. It is in poor taste and W4R didnt post it to for everyone to get into a arguement over it. She was thinking it was funny.

I think everyone needs to take a step back & breathe..

This thread should not only be locked DM - it should be deleted. Ahhh - it has turned into more than an arguement DM. It is much grander than that.

Personally - I have held it pretty much 'together' and you know me well enough that I can take only so much insult. Regardless of the 'situation' there is bad blood.

Diamondsmum
December 17th, 2008, 03:53 PM
ohhh I know .. BM trust me I also know & feel where your coming from

Believe me I am in agreenace with you but name calling etc & venom is just gonna cause issues.

I just want everyone to take a step back for a minute is all.. take a breathe ...

Diamondsmum
December 17th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Our feelings etc & disrepecting other members who are merely trying to understand are point of view on the blog.

Ford Girl
December 17th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Alrighty then...Im done, not interested in a venomous - bad blood causing, confusing conversation/argument. (Im lost - not sure what the main issues are anymore?)

BM - Im sure Marko will lock or delete the thread if you pm'd him and expalined why. He's cool that way.

mummummum
December 17th, 2008, 04:02 PM
BenMax ~ I simply meant that there are good fights to be fought over race issues ~ I and many on this board would be right along side you/me on that fight.

This is not one of them.

It is stOOpid. The article is ironic. You disagree ? Okay. Let it go. The comment I read attached is offensive ~ you're right.

BenMax, I've been in more countries than I have years on the planetand I really have found that sometimes it is okay (as in it's not wrong) to look at something that other folks see humour in and say, "Well. I don't get it, but other people are laughing so...maybe it's funny".

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Alrighty then...Im done, not interested in a venomous - bad blood causing, confusing conversation/argument. (Im lost - not sure what the main issues are anymore?)

BM - Im sure Marko will lock or delete the thread if you pm'd him and expalined why. He's cool that way.

Already did that and I am very disappointed to say that he agrees with all of you.

So it's me I guess. I suppose if I was white I would have shared in your sense of humour.

Other issues mumX3 - indeed there are and though you do not know me - I am fighting them every friggen blasted day.

Is it a bad day - darn right it is.

marko
December 17th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Now this thread has run it's course and will be closed.

Opinion is very personal and in this case we did not feel that the line was overstepped and we did not want to delete/censor this thread as was requested. Now that it has gotten out of hand though, it is best closed. It is too bad, up until the recent bunch of posts it was a decent discussion.

I'd like to add...that we all have bad days.:grouphug:

Thanks in advance,
Marko Admin