Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sadie Spay/sickies update

Luba
July 26th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Well no more puking for the last two days (whew) it must have been the food in the yard :( BUT I believe it actually fell from a squirrels nest lmao bad squirrel!

Today she had her stitches removed and the doctor said she looks WONDERFUL! She's got a few red bumps from rolling around in the bushes but I"m putting aloe on it. They wanted her on clavamox for it (NOOOO) says mummie! ;)

The doctor said she looks beautiful and is so very healthy, she wondered what we were doing to have her looking so good. My mom promptly replied 'we home cook for her' Needless to say, after commenting on her beautiful eyes and coat and bone structure my mom (and I) were on cloud nine and a half..or even ten! It's nice to hear that sometimes, huh!

Drinkin from the hose after playing in the bushes....oh collies!! LOL

Luba
July 26th, 2004, 09:48 PM
And they are very happy with how her teeth turned out from the braces :D

Pretty smiles now! ;)

chico2
July 26th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Aww Sadie,ever the glamour-girl,look at those pearly whites :D

heavenlyminded
July 26th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Do tell us the secret on the pearly whites! :) She is a beautiful little girl! I see why you would be proud.

glasslass
July 26th, 2004, 11:05 PM
She looks like she's gargling! Ummmm! Soooo kissable!

Luba
July 26th, 2004, 11:06 PM
Yes folks I was gleemingly proud today :D

Her teeth are still young, she's only 8mons old but I home cook for her and give her raw beef bones to chew on. In addition she gets her teeth brushed weekly with a non fluoride toothpaste.

sammiec
July 27th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Luba, you're an awesome mommie!!!! Sadie is very lucky!! :p And that adorable smile, I don't know if Briggs can compete for Brick's love.... :( :p :D

Iggette
July 27th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Glad sadie is doing well luba, do you feed her a raw diet? Just curious I bought the book about raw diet but it all seems like so much work and also expensive on a buget of hand to mouth day to day :o but I would love to give a few raw bones as a treat now and then, right know I just give mine those big huge smoked bones.

Goldenmom
July 27th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Luba, Sadie is beautiful! What a lucky dog! Your vet is absolutely correct.

Heather and her 3 Golden Girls

Catt31
July 27th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Woooooooo Hoooooooooo!!! Sadie you foxie lady you!!!! Brick is drooling as we speak!!! He loves her beautiful smile and her silky coat!!

Now its my turn: Luba, you've done a fantastic job with Sadie. She's been through a lot in her short little life but you've stuck by her and done everything you can to make her happy and healthy!!! She is absolutely gorgeous, and obviously very happy too!!! :D (waterworks yet??) Yer da bestest mommie!!!!

Goldenmom
July 27th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Luba, I wish you could get another dog. They would be so lucky at your house! I bet you wish you could have 20! I know I do :) :) Luckily, my husband is my voice of reason.

Heather

Cactus Flower
July 28th, 2004, 01:42 AM
Awwwwwwww whatta beauty! Glad she is doing well!

Did she really have braces? That must have been before I joined this forum. I thought I'd researched all of your posts pretty well.....did you post that? If so I missed it somehow.

Luba
July 28th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Yes she did have braces, they're actually called bite planes. Her lower jaw so much smaller (undershot) that her lower canines as they grew were digging into her palate. SOooooo off to the dentist and she wore them for about 3 weeks to force the canines outwards and it worked :D

Everybody, you're so terrific you simply make my day! Sadie is worth everything she's received and then some. She's brought a lot of joy to my life and helped me through some really rough times just by being here with me. For anyone who's suffered illness you'll understand the comfort and joy a pet can bring to you.

CattWoman, waterworks or maybe just a runny nose LMFHO!! Thank you!

And yes, I would love to get more dogs and maybe one day some day who knows. But my Sadie is more then enuf for now :D

Edited to add, yes Iggie I home cook for my Sadie. Hey if you cant' completely do it, factor 'some' of it into the current diet :D