Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I asked for it!

TacoGrl
December 13th, 2008, 05:23 PM
As you know, my Mooki is gone...my place seems soooo empty now and I think all this crying has done something to my brain...today I went to the SPCA to take a look around...I know, I know...I went anyway.

I thought I would look at dogs first cuz what could happen, I am a cat person!?! Well, I found a Border Collie/Lab cross...or should I say he found me...anywho, I live in an apartment and this is not the dog for me (unless I win the lotto tonight :fingerscr), so there he stayed :sad:

I decided to leave before I started outright bawling (I realized I was an idiot for going there so soon) and I turned the corner and ran into KITTENS!!! Darn them, they are so cute! They were also all adopted...I think someone was trying to tell me something. :wall:

I am in my jammies now.

Frenchy
December 13th, 2008, 05:46 PM
But that's ok to go take a look , it told you that you're not ready yet but that you will adopt again ! You'll know when it's time. And there's no time limit , everybody is different.

And ditto on the border collie mix , these guys need a LOT of exercise. If it is ok with your landlord for you to adopt a dog , and this will be your first dog , my advice to you is to get an older dog. Only an advice , the choice will be up to you. ;)

ancientgirl
December 14th, 2008, 02:55 PM
I'm so sorry, I had no idea you'd lost Mooki.

I can understand you wanting to go have a look at the SPCA. You might not be ready, but your heart is still open for another little one in your life.

I'm sure you will know when the time is right. Things happen that way. You're driving home, and decide to turn left instead of right and find yourself back at the SPCA and find a little one who needs you.

Love4himies
December 14th, 2008, 03:00 PM
If it is meant to be, it will happen, just like AG said. I too find it very difficult to go to the local shelter. Don't rush into it and make a mistake, you will know in your heart when the perfect baby comes into your life.

TacoGrl
December 14th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Thank-you for the support :)

I actually feel a bit better today...walked down the cat food aisle at Safeway without tearing up and that's quite the accomplishment!

You guys are right...my next little buddy will find me when the time is right...the cats I had when I was younger were found under decks or sitting on the porch looking in the window...Jaeger was brought to me by a boyfriend who found her in a parking lot at work when she was all of maybe 4mths old...Mooki was at the SPCA sticking her little arms out at me as I walked by 14 yrs ago-I stopped and she grabbed my hair-SOLD!