Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Gray and White Cat in Saint-Leonard, MTL

debbiespagnolo
December 13th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Hi,

I live in Saint-Leonard, Montreal, Quebec and I lost my cat on Wednesday December 3rd 2008.
He is grey and white.
Has white paws. A grey tail. Not declawed.
He is 8 yrs old.
Last seen near the streets of Robert and Provencher.
He is greatly missed!

If you have him or seen him please reply to this thread.
Enclosed is a picture.
Thank you.
Debbie

badger
December 13th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Have you been out looking? I don't imagine he would go very far in this cold. Have you put posters up everywhere, gone to the SPCA and/or (depending on the neighbourhood) Berger Blanc to see if someone picked him up? Unfortunately, you have to go in person, and leave a picture and description with them, in case he is brought in. I think many people do watch out for stray cats in winter and take pity on them (sometimes offering accommodation) so talk to your neighbours. If they have sheds or garages where he might have gotten shut up, ask them to look.
Have you posted him on these websites? I know there are others, post on as many as you can.

http://www.leuleu.qc.ca/
http://www.canadastrays.com
http://www.flealess.org/lostpets/quebec.html
http://www.animalrescuenetwork.org/i...lay?PageID=991
http://www.rapt-lfpn.org/en/accueil.html

Don't give up! He may be just a few streets away and unable to get back. If you can, leave a box for him on the porch or in some nearby area. Put in his blanket if he has one, or an old unwashed Tshirt that has your odour (or someone else's familiar to him). Sometimes it helps draw them in. And of course, a some food.

debbiespagnolo
December 13th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Yes I walked around my neighbouhood. I just came back from Berger Blanc (2nd time I go) and I'm going to the SPCA tonight incase he's there.
I've posted ads on kijiji and craigslist and made fyers.

Thanks for your help...
I'll try that T-shirt in a box idea...
I've been leaving his litter box outside a few hours a day (I have another cat who needs to use it, or else it would be outside 24/7)
Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

NoahGrey
December 13th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I would leave out tuna or salmon. These foods have strong oders.

ACO22

chico2
December 13th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Aww,he's a beauty,it's sooo cold outside,I really:pray:you find him:fingerscr

debbiespagnolo
December 13th, 2008, 06:12 PM
ACO22 - Thanks for the advice. Just bought some salmon. Hope that works.
Chico2 - Thanks. I've had him since he was born. In fact I watched his birth (I still have his mother). It may sound ridiculous but I feel like I lost my child.

badger
December 13th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Even though it's snowy outside, it should make your task a bit easier. They have no choice but to seek shelter, so check under porches and decks, anywhere where snow hasn't drifted. I really feel for you, seeing our pets as children is pretty common currency on this board, you've come to the right place. Keep us posted.

chico2
December 14th, 2008, 08:50 AM
I was hoping for some good news this morning:sad:
Debbie,you are not ridiculous,there is nobody here who would think so:sad:.
Don't give up on him,he wants you to find him:pray:

badger
December 14th, 2008, 10:39 AM
The next two days are going to be milder. I hope this helps you in your search. I just wanted to say that when you are wandering around the neighbourhood, feeling helpless, even if you don't see him, this does not mean he's left the area. One of my cats disappeared in early September. Everywhere I went in the neighbourhood, for whatever reason, I was calling for her, to the point where people must have thought I was off my rocker. After two weeks, I started to process in my mind that she was gone forever, very hard. Three weeks after she disappeared, she sashayed into the house, thin but OK. I have no idea where she was all that time. She's a very independent little calico so it was unlikely anyone took her in. Mystery! So chase all possible negative scenarios from your mind and keep on looking.

NoahGrey
December 14th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I know we never want to think about this when our pet(s) go missing, but atleast you would know and can give the body a respectul, dignity, proper burial. Have you tried calling the department that handles deceased animals on the side of the road?

ACO22

debbiespagnolo
December 14th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Chico2 - No, no good news. :sad: I spent 3-4 hours today wandering around the neighbourhood calling him. Thanks for the words of encouragement. They seriously help!

Badger - Thank you for your story. That gives me some hope that my cat is still out there. I keep thinking that either someone ran him over or is trying to keep him. I just pray that he finds his way back somehow and soon! I'm so happy that your cat came back - you must have been THRILLED!

ACO22 - I spoke with Berger Blanc and they said that no dead grey and white cats were brought in / picked up lately. I completely agree with you - if he is dead I would rather know so I can stop going crazy. My first cat also disappeared and I never found him. However, he was 14 yrs old and was getting really sick so I assumed it was his time to go.....But Charlie is still young (in my mind).

Thanks everyone!!

debbiespagnolo
December 14th, 2008, 06:49 PM
BTW - Charlie is the name of my missing cat.

chico2
December 15th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Debbie,yes,8 yrs old is not old for sure..
I was looking for a lost cat a year ago and she was missing for 2 weeks,it turned out a lady just 2 houses away had been feeding her.
Hopefully someone is feeding Charlie and will see your poster

debbiespagnolo
December 18th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Hi everyone,
I come with good news, last night a neighbour called me saying she found my cat and when I went over - IT WAS HIM! I've never been so thrilled in my life. I hadn't seen my cat in 2 weeks so I was starting to give up on him.

I wanna thank everyone who took the time to reply to my posting and give me amazing tips. I was extremely sad and down and knowing that other people out there were trying to help, helped me alot.

So thank you so much!!!

My cat is alot skinnier and seems very scared of everything. He walks slowly so I'll be taking him to the vet tonight. (I would have taken the day off work but this is my 4th day of work - kind of hard)

So thanks again!!!
I'm so HAPPY!!!! MY BABY IS BACK!!!!!

Sincerely Debbie :):)

NoahGrey
December 18th, 2008, 09:58 AM
:):):):):):):):):):) I think that says I how I feel....and another for dramatic effect:)

ACO22

Love4himies
December 18th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Wahoo :thumbs up :highfive:. I am so glad you found him.

badger
December 18th, 2008, 10:46 AM
fantastic news!!!

chico2
December 18th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Debbie you just made my day,great news,thank you:thumbs up